Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: HELP HELP DPS SUCKS REALLY BAD IDK WHAT IM DOING WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    Wow there is so much fail in the responses, guess ill go in order.

Tenkachii's post: Wrong about poisons, combat no longer uses wound (unless you need a mortal strike type debuff). If you SSx4 before you SnD you waited a long time without SnD up which will cost you not only white damage but poison procs. Im guessing you are saying SSx4 since that will usually get you 5cp, but we no longer have RS so using 5cp on SnD isnt 'as big'.

Vornesoul: You dont really want to garrote on bosses which you need to run up to at the start, you'll lose dps time. For example Marrowgar, your tank will be running in and you will have to follow but if you are stealthed which you need to be for garrote, you will get there later than if you just run in and SS.

Ekans: Wow you missed it big. If you look at his gear in the link he provided, he actually has decent stuff mostly. And 20/51/0 is going to be more dps for him. Honestly if you can find me a set of gear thats at least ilvl 200 epics where RS combat is ahead of poison combat I would be shocked. You are also wrong about glyphs, rupture is definitely viable, and specifically in this case considering his low amount of arp I can basically guarantee you will be more dps for him. You said AR should be used with BF, which is basically wrong. IF you are using blade flurry to hit 2 targets then yes, however otherwise there is ZERO benefit from popping them at the same time (doesn't hurt you either though so you can if you want).
    Decent Information from this guy.... all in all the information put into this post is awful. None of you Theorycraft, use spreadsheet's or flat out have ANY clue as to what your talking about.

Point 1.
    Mutilate though it's easier than it was to play (pre 3.1) a kid who can't figure out a combat rotation isn't going to have any idea what he's doing as mutilate. For those of you who are under the impression that Mut is a new Trend OMG it got bufffed!!! Everyone plays mut now... Guess what It's NOT a new trend the only "buff" it got for someone who actually knows how to play it was +10% application on Deadly Poison... which was then Nerf'd by taking 5% dmg off of hunger for blood. The Deadly poison "change" is nothing but a built in poison swapper. I.E. Not a buff. Mutilate has ALWAYS out preformed combat in single target dps although ToGC wasn't too receptive to the spec. All these QQ posts about rogues got buffed and all these kids running around as Mut is so very amusing. Thanks to the nerf to HFB Mut is only about 500-800 dps ahead on single target in comparison to combat which is actually less of what it was since combat got a much deserved buff in 3.1 mut on single targets for someone who knew how to weapon swap was 1k-1500 at times better than that of combat.

Point 2.

Use spreadsheets read EJ every response to this thread has been full of fail. ONLY time you would ever use rupture at any gear level over 200. is if your still using 4pc t8, if your not rupture shouldn't even be on your bars for Combat nor Mutilate For all you cool kids who are working on your free t9 reading the 2pc set bonus let me help you since you've clearly missed it the 1st million times it was posted.... It's AWFUL! a Waste! DO NOT USE RUPTURE. 1 more thing if your guild don't have a dps warrior/feral druid regularly raiding they suck you should gquit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekans04
    2) Proper glyphs for a 20/51/0 spec are not what you said. (Glyph of Sinister Strike, Glyph of Eviscerate, Glyph of Killing Spree) would be the proper glyphs. Again the OP is not at a gear level to support this spec.
    if you don't have enough arp for a ruptreless rotation then you can still spec 20-51-0 with bloodsplatter instead of imp evi. and glyph rupture instead of evi.
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Quote Originally Posted by bone123
    if you don't have enough arp for a ruptreless rotation then you can still spec 20-51-0 with bloodsplatter instead of imp evi. and glyph rupture instead of evi.
    They ONLY time to do this is if you have 4 pc t8 if you do not.... IMP evis w/ 15% Passive ArP out preforms a non t8 rupture

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Knockkout
    They ONLY time to do this is if you have 4 pc t8 if you do not.... IMP evis w/ 15% Passive ArP out preforms a non t8 rupture
    wb , e-bay bugger.

Re: Help me get my DPS up

Rather than start a new thread to piss off other posters for having two similar threads, I hoped I might get some pointers here.
    UI Screenshot & Armory

Interface: Combat bars are located to the right and are focused to keep the most used attacks/macros starring one primary macro and branching out according to importance. My main button is the "Com[bat]" macro button. It is a modifier/mouse button 4-option collection of Sinister Strike/Slice and Dice/Eviscerate/Expose Armor(for pugs without warriors). It is surrounded by Killing Spree, Cloak of Shadows, a "DPS" macro of activated Blade Flurry + Loatheb's Shadow, Adrenaline Rush, Feint, Tricks, Hyperspeed Accelerators (on gloves), and Endless Healing Potion.

Tactics: Hyper+AR, "DPS"+AR, "DPS"+KS, Instant/Deadly Poison + Flask of the North, KS only after zero energy bar. "Ope[ners]" with Garrote/Cheapshot -> 3pt SnD -> 5pt Eviscerate(s); refresh SnD at 1s remaining. I don't macro AR with the other cooldowns because of the different timers they have(LS & BF finish together; AR takes longer). Unable to keep an eye on Saronite Bomb cds, so I average one bomb/90 seconds instead of 1b/60s.

Quick Gear Overview: =< Trial of Crusader 10 & Heroic FoS, PoS, HoR. 4/5 T9.0 (or whatever the first set of T9 is called). Guild doesn't have enough members to run 25s. Have to PUG 3-5 members for 10s. Mostly ArP jewels.

---

I can't seem to break 4k DPS average for each instance cleared. I usually range from 3.4k to 3.8k overall on most Heroic dungeons and 10mans. Certain bosses like Trollgore give me numbers like 6.9k DPS, but for only 30 second fights. Received 4.2k on latest Onyxia kill, but I suspect most of the boost came from the Whelps.

My immediate goals are to obtain NES, PoS Ring, and OH sword; dual zerk; and getting the new king of trinkets through weekly raid quests and daily random heroics.

If it could be quantified, would it be my rotation, combat bar synergy, or gear that's most severely keeping me from reaching the acceptable raiding levels of DPS (aka. 6k+) and what would be the proper procedure to eliminate the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekans04
    Make sure you also use your cool downs properly (Adrenaline Rush should be used with Bladeflurry and used right after you refresh SnD. Also make sure to pop your cool downs whenever they are up and use ToT on the boss so you do not have agro issues.)
    There is no inherent benefit to using BF and AR at the same time unless you are hitting more than one target. What I mean by this is that there is no synergy between the two. It may well be worth popping both at the same time, but not simply because of each other's effects.

Proper CD usage in general is all about timing.
    - Will popping it at the beginning of a fight let you use it again later in the fight?
    - If not, wait for a phase in the fight where burst is important.
    - If there is no burst phase, make sure you align them with as many trinket and enchant procs as possible.

Proper use of BF involves other haste effects.
    - Popping a haste potion at the same time as BF improves it's effects due to how haste stacks multiplicative.

Proper use of AR involves timing of other abilities.
    - If timed with other procs, popping AR is generally best after refreshing snd as all the extra energy is then directed into damaging abilites during these procs.
    - Killing spree should never be used during AR due to the risk of capping energy.

Combat:
    Wound Poison(MH)
    Deadly Poison(OH)
    Eviscerate

Assassination:
    Deadly Poison(MH)
    Wound Poison(OH)
    Envenom

Do it because you want to, not because you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestComeBackEver
    Combat:
    Wound Poison(MH)
    Deadly Poison(OH)
    Eviscerate

Assassination:
    Deadly Poison(MH)
    Wound Poison(OH)
    Envenom

No longer true. With 20/51/0 (the best combat spec atm) instant poison mainhand is better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestComeBackEver
    Combat:
    Wound Poison(MH)
    Deadly Poison(OH)
    Eviscerate

Assassination:
    Deadly Poison(MH)
    Wound Poison(OH)
    Envenom
    Wrong. wrong wrong, wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. WRONG. Newbie, what is going on with the assassination poisons?
    /Dr Cox rant off

I hope this is a brain fart and not actually how you are playing atm.

IP MH, DP OH.
    Slow MH, Fast OH.

That is all.

(no, I do not wish to argue the merits of fast/fast vs. slow/fast with you)