Trinket's and EJ Spreadsheet

Ok guys got a quick question, I am currently using the Darkmoon Card of Greatness and Needle Encrusted Scorpion as my 2 trinkets. Now last night the Whispering Fanged Skull dropped (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50342) and I was wondering which 2 would be the best to use? I am currently combat spec'd at 20/51/0 and when I look at Aldriana's spreadsheet from EJ I am not able to pick the Needle Encrusted Scorpion or the Whispering Fanged Skull to see which would be better that is why I am asking for the rogue communities help on this.

Armory Link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Ek%C3%A1ns

Re: Trinket's and EJ Spreadsheet

Keep your current trinkets

Why aren't you arpen softcapped if you're using an arpen trinket? You're almost 350 arpen under softcap and not taking full advantage of your trinket proc.

Uther- Our bads are better than your bads.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkanugs
    Keep your current trinkets
    Why on earth would you do that?

The trinket linked is vastly superior to Greatness, which unfortunately, is relatively over-rated. Not to say it's not an amazing trinket but there's a large number of better options out there now, including this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentMG
    Why on earth would you do that?

The trinket linked is vastly superior to Greatness, which unfortunately, is relatively over-rated. Not to say it's not an amazing trinket but there's a large number of better options out there now, including this one.
    Overrated? Possibly in comparison to other trinkets now but at the time it was introduced, it was really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfade
    Overrated? Possibly in comparison to other trinkets now but at the time it was introduced, it was really really good.
    In this case it was overrated, since it's basically been a trinket of itemlevel 251 vs. one of itemlevel 200. [Yeah, itemlevel doesn't say much when comparing trinkets, especially if one takes a look at Mjolnir vs. Victor's Call...]

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    In this case it was overrated, since it's basically been a trinket of itemlevel 251 vs. one of itemlevel 200. [Yeah, itemlevel doesn't say much when comparing trinkets, especially if one takes a look at Mjolnir vs. Victor's Call...]
    Yeah true enough. Voij whilst your on, I'm still not 100% of which direction to go and wondered what your opinion was. Whether to totally regem AP and get the AP/Haste trinket or still go for the ArP softcap with NES and ArP from gear then regem AP and AP/Haste with new gear. My SS tells me regemming AP is only a slight increase in dps. The main dps booster for me is the MH sword from Saurfang. When gemmed AP and the haste trinket, hit seems to be pretty valuable.

Haven't looked into it too deep, since I'm constantly switching between Combat and Mutilate. [Which I also suggest to most people, but I guess I can't get everyone to do it. *shrug*]

So yeah, I can pretty much only guess...

I still think that going ArP-Hardcap results in highest damage as Combat, though Soft-Cap might be a tad bit better with Deathbringer's Will.[At least when you have the heroic version of it.]

Aside from that, gemming close to Expertise cap and using ArP or AP/Haste gems will probably be the best way to rise your dps. And Hit is now incredibly valuable when not poison-hitcapped, above that, depending on your weaponspec, it can still be alright. [AP/Haste depends on the socketbonus, as always, so consult a spreadsheet about that.]