10+ Year Old Account

Best way to pop hero/BL?

So...

When I get ready to pop hero I have a nice long prep list...

Trinket
    Wolves (if up)
    Fire ele (I save it, less GCD usage during hero to keep up magma totem is good idea?)
    speed pot (provided I didn't screw up and pop it after combat had started at the beginning)

But is this the correct/most efficent way of getting the most out of hero? If everything is up, that is a lot of GCD usage. I've also noticed a couple times MW5_LB sits there for a sec while I prep it.

Anyone have any insight on a better way? Assume everything can be used.

Thanks!!
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Re: Best way to pop hero/BL?

You could make a macro to cast bloodlust & use trinket/potion. And I'd suggest fire ele before wolves thus they only miss 1 gcd of lust. This way you'll use 3 basted gcd before you go back to normal pq. If you time all this right after you use a mw5 you are unlikely to have it wasting away while you pop all your stuff.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    You could make a macro to cast bloodlust & use trinket/potion. And I'd suggest fire ele before wolves thus they only miss 1 gcd of lust. This way you'll use 3 basted gcd before you go back to normal pq. If you time all this right after you use a mw5 you are unlikely to have it wasting away while you pop all your stuff.
    Hrm, that works
    Didn't even think about macroing things together.
    Thanks much.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

all u have to do is pop wolves before Lust. Trinket can be done after (lust lasts longer that any trinket use) and like this u will trinket full effect under the effect of BL. BL does nothing to fire elemental.

I think Speed potion is best used out of BL. Altough u´ll get a higher dps using both at the same time, I think saw the math about that somewhere here or in EJ that u´ll get more dmg in the whole fight using them separedtly(dont remmenber where I saw that). Remmenber I´m not sure on this one!

P.S. Yes my english sucks.

Deleted

The best way to pop hero/bl? With the macro: /cast heroism /yell IN THE MOUNTINS.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc
    The best way to pop hero/bl? With the macro: /cast heroism /yell IN THE MOUNTINS.
    What this guy said

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    BL does nothing to fire elemental.
    he said he knew that, but likes to use it with BL so he doeant have to worry about mt GCDs during lust.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Then my advice is to pop it (fire elemental) as soon he is on boss. More chance to have it again soon if he wipes or on next fight and dont save wolves just for BL (1 use per fight), most fights u can use them at least twice, some 3 times. Done correctly they´ll be up when u need to BL or let some other shaman BL and use your own to buff wolves.

know when and where you will have to blow BL (this is KEY). pop wolves just before, and macro trinkets and a haste pot into BL so they all pop at once. You dont really need to use fire ele with bl because it isnt affected by it. Imo use your fire ele when you know the boss is going to be stationary so you can use your fire nova effectively. on a fight like northrend beasts you wouldnt be usin BL till p3. but p3 is very mobile while p1 is very stationary. P1 is a perfect time for ele.

edit: if you are going to use a cd macro, make sure you are in range, you dont want to waste even seconds on your haste pot or trinkets, because you only get these stcked buffs once per fight.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I understand that this post is from an Enhance shaman, but if any Ele shaman read this and want to use a haste pot with BL, you shouldn't bother. Elemental Mastery is now haste instead of crit. So Wild Magic would most likely win out if you have decent haste to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    I liked this answer best, as I stated in my previous post. However I just had a different question pop up. For wolves does it matter when you pop your trinket for them to get the benefit? Hero as I understand it is an at point buff. Meaning if you aren't there when it's popped you just dont get the benefit. But all buffs are like that in a sense. If you are not there for kings you dont get kings (unless it's rebuffed but then you are there so that is mute).

With trinkets, they don't actually buff your pet directly, they buff you. Your pets benefit from you correct? So do they get their benefits from your stats prior to release, during release, or doesn't matter? I'm assuming it doesn't matter by the way, but that is in fact an assumption assume - ass (out of) u (and) me.

If you have another shaman in the raid I highly suggest you work with them on hero/lust and have them pop it first. This way the second time you have your wolves up you can give them hero/lust again.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    If you have another shaman in the raid I highly suggest you work with them on hero/lust and have them pop it first. This way the second time you have your wolves up you can give them hero/lust again.
    This is in no way the answer to either of the questions I proposed in this thread =/

Quote Originally Posted by Astryx
    This is in no way the answer to either of the questions I proposed in this thread =/
    I know sorry lol was just throwing it out there. I'm lucky that the 2 shaman I raid with are generous and will even pop hero for me later in the fight for my wolves if I ask for it.

But in response to your questions: Save speed pot for later in the fight, preferably when you have wolves up again. And I always pop my trinkets with wolves, regardless of hero even though I time my wolves to always be used when hero will be. So if we use hero immediately I'll pop wolves before the hero, if it'll be used at a later time I'll try to time it so I get maximum amount of time on my wolves while also using them during hero. Once you learn the fights and how long it takes your raid to down encounters it gets much easier to time. And as others have said, only use the fire ele when you know the fight will be stationary, otherwise you'll waste some, if not all, of it's dps.

10+ Year Old Account

Potion, yes I've learned that poping it during Heroism could potionally not be optimal. But from what I've learned it depends on your haste and if the potion pushes you into DR. If not it does not matter. So I'll be looking for the haste DR point later tonight when I can do some research and see where I am (including hero) with the DR.

As for fire elemental, I tend to try and max out heroisms DPS increase potential. So this is poped on the most stationay points in a fight. If not the FE still will provide me an increase in DPS during a heroism because I do not have to drop magma totems. Saves me a few CDs to do something else instead while still getting the benefit of a fire totem. If it's a fight like northrend beast, I do consider poping the FE on gormack instead of worms or Beast where hero is generally popped.

As far as wolves with trinkets, I am trying to do the same, but i want to make sure they are getting the benefits of my trinket. So is it like hero and I pop the trinket after they are out, or do I do it before. Or is the wolves scaling with my stats dynamic and it does not matter when the trinket is popped?

Quote Originally Posted by Astryx
    With trinkets, they don't actually buff your pet directly, they buff you. Your pets benefit from you correct? So do they get their benefits from your stats prior to release, during release, or doesn't matter? I'm assuming it doesn't matter by the way, but that is in fact an assumption assume - ass (out of) u (and) me.
    Wolves gain a portion of your attack power and their stats update in real time with yours. So if you pop your trinkets after your wolves are up, your wolves still benefit while your trinkets are active. I generally pop my trinkets after my wolves so the wolves get the full duration. Although if you have non-attack power trinket effects (e.g. haste or crit) it doesn't matter because your wolves don't benefit from your other dps stats (except for hit).

I should have been more clear, I usually use a haste pot during my non-hero'd wolves because my trinket is macro'd with them for optimal dps. So I get not just the haste buff for myself but the trinket use as well and is why I use it then. You bring up a great point about the fire ele and using it to free up gcd from dropping magma totem, I'm just still getting used to being able to use it on every fight and forget.

Mine is the chorus of Holding Out For A Hero by Bonnie Tyler!

Deleted

I use:
    /cast Heroism
    /y Do you feel the need?

And another shaman have macroed
    /cast Heroism
    /y The need for speed!

Started as a drunken ulduar thing, but now when some one want hero they call " I feel the need..."