Arms Warrior / Resto Shaman

Hi,
    What is your opinion about this team?(Arms warr / resto shaman) Thier strengths/weaknesess, strategies... Or can you share some tips?

Thanks ~ Elembivos

Re: Arms Warrior / Resto Shaman

They suck. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by mentalitet
    They suck. Period.
    Not that I have anything to say about this combo, as I hardly PvP, but the Resto Shamans I have seen didn't fare well.
    Though that could also be because they sucked, but I wouldn't be able to tell you.

PS: Nice tip you gave, Mentalitet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Going for avoidance is like playing Russian Roulette.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofSand
    It's time to eat Grandpa!
    It's time to eat, Grandpa!

Grammar.. it saves lives.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm playing Arms warrior + Resto shaman in 2v2 atm. New team, only a bit above 2000 rating (2300+ MMR). For it to work, the warrior needs to be able to do a lot of damage and the shaman should also be pretty good at keeping his mana up.

The tactics we use vs Warrior/DK + Healer are basicly: Sit on the enemy dps and keep him off your healer at all cost. Earth shield should be on the warrior 90% of the time. You basicly need to force the enemy dps on your warrior. With windfury and heroism, your warrior should be able to outdamage the enemy warrior and you should be able to outlast them. Make sure your shaman interupts and purges buffs (especially innervate and divine plea) to keep the pressure up. If you face a druid that is CCing your warrior a lot, it could be a good idea to purge his HoTs (if he's HoTing himself) and then make a switch to him with heroism and all CDs ready to try and get a kill. Warrior teams can be hard if you don't pressure them hard enough, but DK teams should be free wins.

Against Warlock + Healer, you pretty much just need to nuke the warlock as hard as you can. Make sure tremor is up at all times so they can't fear ya. If it's a druid healer, try changing to him a few times when your CDs are up to try and score a kill. Warlock teams are also pretty much free wins.

Against 2x dps, it's important that you play agressive. You have no dispells, and your shaman has very few defensive CDs. If you can't score a kill in the first 15-20 seconds, you'll most likely loose (assuming they go on your shaman. If they go on warrior you should never loose with riptide HoT and earth shield on him).

Vs other setups the tactics vary so much it's not worth saying anything about them. But overall, you are strong against pretty much all setups that don't have Hunter / rogue(after envenom spec buff) in them. Warrior setups are easy if you can pressure the warrior hard enough (but you need 2200 weapon or some top PvE gear for that), but if you can't they can be really hard.

Thanks Aska90 for interessing tips, i think they can help me alot, we will try them :-)

Lets put it this way... Arms Warrior / Resto Shaman is set sail for fail... I played during S1/2/3/4 and pushed high 2400+ ratings EVERY season... Currently, Double DPS is the devil for your team... Any team that has a lil bit of control on the warrior and shaman... will destroy your team... A blind Mage/Rogue can beat you.... Um, Rogue Ret can beat you... Um... lets put it this way... War/Sham sucks... Find a pally... keke

That would be a bad team against most casters...CC warrior lock down shami OTHER TEAM WINS
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!