Ideal first Emblem of Frost purchase for Ret?

I was checking out some of the upgrades from the Emblem of Frost vendor and looking at the stats for T10, and i must say there are quite a bit of gear I want to get my hands on. The problem is I can't decide which to get first. What do you guys think is the ideal first thing a ret pally should buy with his emblems of frost?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Ideal first Emblem of Frost purchase for Ret?

t10 set pieces first. ideally gloves/shoulders as their the 2 cheapest and get you your 2set faster. replace whichever piece is worse first.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

I personally was going to go gloves first and then go for legs second.

Shouldn't gloves/pants ideally be the last ones to purchase? I know i'd be pretty pissed if they dropped in VOA right after i blew the badges on them.

id say shoulders followed by head/chest.. hands/legs there is always that 5% (whatever) chance you can get from voa

It's pretty much down to what's the biggest upgrade for you at the time in terms of gear.
    The Libram, though nice, isn't really a priority when there's other upgrades to go for.

But like I said, go for the biggest upgrades and try to work around your T9 set bonuses at first if you can.

And as for VoA, in all honesty. It's not worth hanging around to see if the numbers decide to bless you.
    As chances are you'll end up more pissed when nothing ever drops for you. =]

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LockItUp
    Shouldn't gloves/pants ideally be the last ones to purchase? I know i'd be pretty pissed if they dropped in VOA right after i blew the badges on them.
    new vault boss isnt out until s8 starts. so you got about a month before he pops up.

and it will take you a month to get 2pc anyway. why not wait and hope? I personaly might not, but i roll with a second ret in my raids. I plan on snagging shoulders first than probably legs. After legs I think helm, than wrap up 4pc with gloves.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Primordial Saronite... go get yourself an axe :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    Or armor pattern.

Or Ammo pattern for your guild and to sell the new ammo on the AH at 30 gold per stack of 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Or armor pattern.

Or Ammo pattern for your guild and to sell the new ammo on the AH at 30 gold per stack of 1000
    only have to sell ~100 stacks to pay for itself! not counting mat cost.

i think i might do that, actually.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    and it will take you a month to get 2pc anyway. why not wait and hope? I personaly might not, but i roll with a second ret in my raids. I plan on snagging shoulders first than probably legs. After legs I think helm, than wrap up 4pc with gloves.
    i'm the only ret in my guild. it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    Pshh....I wish my guild was good enough for me to even worry about Shadowmourne, let alone Shadow's Edge. And even then, I doubt I'd be the candidate to get it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    only have to sell ~100 stacks to pay for itself! not counting mat cost.

i think i might do that, actually.
    If you buy the orb, yes.

if you are the only Engineer in your guild (like myself), then I get the saronite for free

The libram is a marginal upgrade in DPS, slightly better uptime, but overall not as important as getting into 4pc T10. Of course, this also depends on what you're coming from. Are you in full 258 t9? Half 258 half 245? full 245? half 245 half 232? full 232? It also depends on whether or not you're going to be receiving tokens from ICC25 relatively soon as to how quickly you need to acquire T10 pieces from emblems.

As far as the crafting patterns go, if you've got the rep to buy them, and upgrading your gear into T10 isn't a serious upgrade for you, then obviously going this route and making a fair chunk of money being an early crafter of this gear is also an option.

There's no single right answer, as everyone's situation is going to be different.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Shoulders for sure.