Shadow Bolt now refreshes Corruption

Just noticed it in my UP random heroic today... confirmation? bug or hotfix?

Re: Shadow Bolt now refreshes Corruption

That's weird. I don't know if its a bug or if it's intended.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

cool

Aren't you supposed to use haunt anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Aren't you supposed to use haunt anyway?
    You are, but what Ive heard Haunt and Corruption "bugged" so that when Haunt arrived, Corruption wasn't longer on the target and you'd had to recast it.. or something..

I was talking about the drain soul execute thing..

Then I guess I can answer that too u aswell, Yep.. For the debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Naft
    You are, but what Ive heard Haunt and Corruption "bugged" so that when Haunt arrived, Corruption wasn't longer on the target and you'd had to recast it.. or something..

that isn't a bug it is workin as intended

the duration of corrupion when hasted can become so short that your haunt may not arrive before it falls off.

say your corruption duration is hasted from 18 secs> 12 secs

haunt has an 8 sec cooldown and about a 1 sec travel time.

this means your haunt will reach your target and refresh corruptioin with 3 secs assuming:

your not casting a shadowbolt or anything else when your haunt comes off cooldown (unlikely)
    you don't have eradication or heroism that will make your corruption duration even shorter.

no. during execution phased, u only cast drain soul. corruption falls off even before haunt is up and u are forced to cast shadowbolt, which is a huge dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree
    no. during execution phased, u only cast drain soul. corruption falls off even before haunt is up and u are forced to cast shadowbolt, which is a huge dps loss.
    WTB higher Nightfall proc chance, yus yus?

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronism
    Still waiting for Drain Soul to refresh Corruption for 25% executes. :
    QFFT. This change is sweet above 25% (since it allows you to delay haunt and only cast it before the actualy Haunt debuff is about to run out, giving you an extra fill SB -> more dps!) but we are still screwed under 25% where most of the affliction damage comes from.

Just removed Haunt from everlasting affliction and give the refreshing effect to Shadowbolt, Drain Life, Drain Soul, satisfied pvp'ers and pve'ers, problem solved. :<

Quote Originally Posted by aztek
    QFFT. This change is sweet above 25% (since it allows you to delay haunt and only cast it before the actualy Haunt debuff is about to run out, giving you an extra fill SB -> more dps!) but we are still screwed under 25% where most of the affliction damage comes from.

Just removed Haunt from everlasting affliction and give the refreshing effect to Shadowbolt, Drain Life, Drain Soul, satisfied pvp'ers and pve'ers, problem solved. :<
    Well drain soul may result in it being extremely over powered sub 25%, but there isnt much other options. UA will make pvp'r's qq so that may well be out of the question. Mayb buffing nightfall proc sub 25%?

Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician
    Well drain soul may result in it being extremely over powered sub 25%, but there isnt much other options. UA will make pvp'r's qq so that may well be out of the question. Mayb buffing nightfall proc sub 25%?
    warlock dps is sub before execute compared to other classes, so its eaven
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    warlock dps is sub before execute compared to other classes, so its eaven
    You mean affliction dps.