So I've had a Death Knight alt every since Wrath was released (how many people honestly don't?), who has been 80 ever since February. I had never been serious about the Death Knight, and barely even so much as ran a heroic. I did Naxx on him for a couple of weeks, but was only lucky enough to get some bracers and a leather belt that, besides being leather, was still an upgrade. From time to time I log on to him and try out a few specs, just to be familiar with the class and their specs and rotations. The last time I played, I was rolling with the 2H Frost, single-disease spec the pretty much only required you to smartly use your Howling Blast, Obliterate and Frost Strike. This was obviously before 3.2 with the addition of ToT in the frost tree.

I originally hated the Unholy play style, though I loved the concept. It was the closest thing there was to the traditional "Dark Knight" style class in many other games, but it went from doing almost nothing besides spamming Scourge Strike, to a static 10 second rotation, both play styles I hated. Now that it's much like other specs (besides Pestilence-Frost) with a 2-phase rotation cycle, I really enjoy it.

However, after reading from many sites - my own in-game numbers are contradicting what they're saying.

Essentially, they posting two different specs:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMV...zx0uIqo:psbMmV
- This is the no-Reaping build they say is better DPS if you do not have your 2pc Tier 10 bonus yet, and are generally lower geared, and:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfcMm...ux0uIqo:psbMmV
- This is the spec that includes Reaping, which they say should only be specced after you acquire the 2pc Tier 10 bonus.

The rotation for the first build is: PS->IT->BS->BS->SS->DC->HoW then SS->BS->BS->SS->DC->DC

With Reaping, the rotation becomes: PS->IT->BS->BS->SS->DC->HoW then SS->DC->SS->SS->DC

One problem. I'm getting far better DPS using the second build and rotation even with my garbage gear. In fact, it's about a 200-300 DPS increase. Could the "Professionals" be wrong about this, and Unholy simply stick to the second spec? If you really want to see exactly how garbage my gear is, search Rethis on Exodar, US. (my spec is a tiny bit off, but still follows the general frame of the Reaping build)

And before anyone says anything about Morbidity, many sites, including Ensidia's own 3.3 DK DPS guide, states that with producing less RP than the 3.2.2 build, you'll be Death Coiling much less, and a 10-15% increase in DC damage is inferior to other talents at this point, regardless of which spec you're rolling with. I know some of you are still holding on to that talent.