Heroic Healing Advice

Hey guys, you've been helpful on previous posts, so I though I would seek some advice. I've read all the stickys and think I understand healing, I just seem to be having specific problems.

I dinged 80 last night, and was using the LFG tool (which is really good), I had pre bought some boe gear to start me off with, and things were going ok, then I ran into PoS (h)...bad times. The first boss (with the frost damage aura and boulder things) I was finding impossible to heal (even with people seemingly knowing the tactics. Also I ended up having to spam heal a tank in ToC (h) constantly to the point where I had no idea how we survived. I have healed loads of instances while leveling up and also about 10 or so heroics last night so have a pretty good idea of what I should be doing

I was wondering is anyone had any advice on how to heal that fight in particular, or could give me an insight to whether I should be gem-ing/specing differently

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...scream&n=Ordar

It obviously could just be me attempting to go things that are just too hard for my gear, bearing in mind I only dinged last night.

Would things be easier as Holy? I was worried about OOMing :S

Any help/advice would be brilliant

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Heroic Healing Advice

I recommend making sure the DPS is not full of fail. My resto shaman can heal H ToCh, except when the highest damage done on the boss fight is the prot warrior tank. Then I go oom and people die. So make sure the DPS can actually beat the tank in damage (on the boss, I know paladins are silly for AoE) and that could help too.

That and the new ICC heroics are designed for players wearing mostly epics - they are simply harder than the others.

Also, on the ice giant (the boss you mentioned) make sure people are actually LoSing the freeze effect, and don't waste mana dispelling the debuff.

If you find that you're going out of mana too fast, I'd suggest trying to get the Intellect trinket from ToC normal and switch out your Darkmoon Card. Or simply regemming to Intellect, as it's our best regen stat.

Other than that, your gearing is pretty good enough for a new person (although I'm perplexed by how you got into Ulduar so quickly).

And regarding that particular fight, we wiped twice on it the first time I was there. The tactics aren't really glaringly obvious, and there is a lot of AoE damage going on. Just make sure, as someone else said, that people are LoS'ing the damage.

Thanks guys, I never run out of mana as disc, but find it hard to keep people up if spam healing (ie the tank is getting battered) or if lots of people are taking damage. Hence why I thought I might have an easier job as Holy.

Also is just gemming for Spell Power the way to go?

Looks as though just continuing to run heroics and get some more gear might be the best option. After my experiences in PoS I might give that a miss for a while until my gear is alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylan
    Thanks guys, I never run out of mana as disc, but find it hard to keep people up if spam healing (ie the tank is getting battered) or if lots of people are taking damage. Hence why I thought I might have an easier job as Holy.
    Disc is perfectly serviceable for group-wide damage in heroics. Even if the tank is taking heavy damage, if there's damage going on the group, toss a shield out on them and you can use the BT buff to help catch back up on the tank. If the whole group is taking damage, PWS on the whole group (if it's predictable) or a BT hasted PoH, both work well. And, of course, don't forget PoM.

Also is just gemming for Spell Power the way to go?
    Spell Power is the way to go if you're comfortable with your mana; otherwise, gem Intellect until you are. It's hard to say how much you need because you'll need more as you get into harder content.

Looks as though just continuing to run heroics and get some more gear might be the best option. After my experiences in PoS I might give that a miss for a while until my gear is alot better.
    If you just dinged 80, the new ICC dungeons will probably be difficult for you. You'll probably be better off running some easier heroics for a few random pieces of gear, and Emblems to quickly pick up some high-quality gear. Also remember that non-heroic ToC drops Epics, is roughly as hard as the other heroics, but is farmable and non-heroic ICC are roughly as hard as ToC heroic, drop the same level gear, and are also farmable, so those should not be over-looked in your process of gearing up.

I don't know if this happened to you last night, but our PoS run on that boss was bugged. The boss was throwing the boulders but strangely enough not all of them landed. We were just taking too much damage and wiped, but what the other said is true.

Spell powers help with throughput and the strenght of the shields, but I feel more comfortable gemming for Int personally.