Slam Alert addon issue

As new Patch come i have problem with this addon it dose not work properly i mean it dose not work at all, i need to enable floating combat text and i hate it:O
    Thanks for help in advance.

Re: Slam Alert addon issue

power auras, i had the same problem and power auras not only fixed it but i kicked myself for not getting it sooner.

Power Auras

Quote Originally Posted by Preak
    power auras, i had the same problem and power auras not only fixed it but i kicked myself for not getting it sooner.
    Exact same thing with me. I wish I'd have discovered Power Auras way earlier.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

As others have said:

Download Power Auras from Curse.com.
    Copy and paste SA.wav (if you like the Perfect sound) into the Sounds folder of Power Auras.

PowerAuras
    > /powa
    >> Add a new aura, and type in "Slam!" where you see "? ? ?"
    >> Under the sound tab, type "SA.wav" for custom sound.
    >> In keeping it most like Slam Alert, I removed the Aura look. It'll take some playing around with but you can get any of the glow stuff to disappear.

Power Auras is okay but I found one that is much better. Its called Nao and can be downloaded from Curse http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/nao.aspx

It has not been updated in over 12-months. But if you go into the Nao folder and edit the Nao.toc file it works perfectly. Look for the line "Interface: 30000" and change 30000 to 30300.

You can adjust the bloodsurge proc icon small to large by typing /nao

Hope you enjoy this because I was starting to get frustrated with bloodsurge not working.

Thanks 2 all!

But i cant edit the Nao.toc file.... i mean i can't open it...

The problem is that Blizzard, intentionally or otherwise have managed to remove Slam! from the combat text that most add ons used to read, so they don't actually work, the ones that will work now have to read it from your buff bars, so anything like Power Auras, Forte Xorcist or Class timers will work fine. If you have to have a sound play for it then go for Power Auras, personally I use Forte and just have it set up over my character portrait, and it sits just below the bosses feet on most fights so is easy to see, and track how long left I have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosham
    The problem is that Blizzard, intentionally or otherwise have managed to remove Slam! from the combat text that most add ons used to read, so they don't actually work, the ones that will work now have to read it from your buff bars, so anything like Power Auras, Forte Xorcist or Class timers will work fine. If you have to have a sound play for it then go for Power Auras, personally I use Forte and just have it set up over my character portrait, and it sits just below the bosses feet on most fights so is easy to see, and track how long left I have to use it.
    Nao is one of the few addons that doesn't rely on Blizzards logs for the Bloodsurge proc which is why it is one of the few including Power Auras to work correctly while the others can't.

Jaybabe, just right click on the nao.toc file, select open, select the button "Select the program from a list", select notepad and uncheck "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file."

ClassTimer.

PowerAuras is utter shit. Sorry.
    MAI ROFLCOPTER GOES SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

thats... just like... your opinion, man

personally i replaced a number of things i was tracking on class timer with power auras and i like the /powa more, its more visual vs having a little class timer bars growing/shrinking

Classtimer

Sometimes impossible to see poweraura's when you're standing in melee, with all the flashes from ranged spells coming in.