Explanation of DW Frost DPS spec

It seems like the standard DW spec is a 0/53/18 build, but can anybody explain the reason for this? I know that a lot of damage comes from auto-attack and diseases being up, so Epidemic, Necrosis, Blood-Caked Blade make sense, but at the same time we really benefit from crit, and blood offers Subversion and Dark Conviction. Butchery can offset the RP loss from taking points out of Chill of the Grave. So I was thinking a 15/51/5. I am just uncertain if the boost to melee attacks from unholy would offset the extra crit and AP from Bladed Armor.

Also, is there any reason to not go into UA? I know it is more of a tanking talent, but the increase in strength(and the double dipping if you have Bladed Armor from blood) seems very tempting.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Explanation of DW Frost DPS spec

15/51/5 is closer to the AoE Frost spec, which according to Kroot is 15/54/2.
    The "best" single target DPS spec is 0/54/17 at the moment, though. Obliterate doesn't benefit as much from the crit from Dark Conviction and Subversion as you'd hope (it already has a high crit chance from Frost talents, and the main reason to pick up Subversion as Frost is for the threat reduction) and Frost Strike will often be used with KM, making any extra crit close to useless. One point from BCB is dropped to get UA. I don't remember when the CD on UA was dropped to a minute, but syncing it with Blood Tap every minute is ~3.3% passive strength increase depending on the fight length. So yes, it's worth getting.

Frost doesnt scale as much as blood when it comes to raw AP, but moreso with your weapons, hence the reason for going sub unholy. Everything else was covered by the above poster.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jZG0exAbczf0cuzAofM0hxM

here u go buddy

make macro

/cast ub
    /cast blood tap

or the other way around depending on how your runes are looking