Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The state of shadow priest PvP

IS AMAZING!!!! Ive always been a disc player but with the latest buff to spriests ive stacked ~700 haste and im trying shadow again. We played restosham/rogue/spriest (with the rogue from my old RMP team and a restosham who came back to the game recently so he still had furious/deadly) just for fun, and we ended up doing really well, for a first night of playing. Its my first time playing shadow on a serious arena team, and I LOVE IT!!! Dots ticking so fast, people trying to kick him .8 second cast time of VT during heroism and missing, letting me just melt their face right after. Shadow priests are doing just insane amounts of damage, im afraid of a nerf And the 3 CC spells i can chain together are pretty great too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account

Re: The state of shadow priest PvP

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    And the 3 CC spells i can chain together are pretty great too.
    Psychic Scream + Psychic Horror + ???
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Mind Control?

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    Mind Control?
    Mind Control in 3v3 as shadow? Really...

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Silence
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Silence is not a CC. It is a silence. Try silencing a rogue and see how controlled his character is.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Silence is not a CC. It is a silence. Try silencing a rogue and see how controlled his character is.
    Well then poly isnt a CC cause it doesnt work on druids. Hey, atleast I dont go as far as to say slows are CC. People have different things they call CC. Some call it a CC, some dont, but silence shuts down any caster for 5 seconds so I think its sufficient to call a CC.

Well then poly isnt a CC cause it doesnt work on druids. Hey, atleast I dont go as far as to say slows are CC. People have different things they call CC. Some call it a CC, some dont, but silence shuts down any caster for 5 seconds so I think its sufficient to call a CC.
    LOL
    Kudos on the Druid statement Also if you do call a slow a CC then Mind Flay is also a CC...

So what, Fear isn't a CC because I can Lichborne it?

Blind isn't a CC because I can get BoPed out?

Hex isn't a cc because I can AMS it?

Faulty logic is faulty. I'm not debating semantics, but I needed to point out how laughable your post was.

For semantics, go here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Crowd_control Here's a hint though: all the spells listed as CC are breakable using the PvP trinket.

I'll try and explain in the most simple way I can.

A crowd control is a spell or ability that controls a member of a croud, ie. a target.
    They remove control of the character from the player. Polymorph is an example of a crowd control skill. The only players it does not work on are ones that use an ability that specifically makes them immune to it, like a Druid shapeshift.

Silence is not a crowd control skill. It does not remove control of your character from you or prevent you from attacking. The only thing it does do is prevent them from casting spells. That does not make it a crowd control. Disarm is not a crowd control either.

Just because you want to call it one, doesn't change anything. You are still wrong.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Silence is not a CC in the traditional term, no, but it is used as a controlling effect on healers and casters - only for their spells.

I suppose you could call it a semi-CC.

Well when we are calling for a CC chain, im gonna use silence, whether or not that be the exact definition of "CC" I dont really care, rather not say "CC train then silence" and just keep it simpler over vent. You seem to be being rather offensive over the definition, I have no idea why you would be borderline angry over such a simple thing. It may not technically be the exact definition of a CC, but theres nothing wrong with calling it that, no need to get offensive. And to be honest, by wowwiki's description, silence SHOULD be considered a CC.

Crowd Control (abbreviated CC) refers to spells and abilities which limit an opponent's ability to fight.
    Silence definitely does that.

15+ Year Old Account

If you call silence CC then logic dictates that you also call all the interrupts CC which they definately aren't.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Im all hot and bothered now. I may try it, I think I can have something like 3k sp, 12 crit, 400 haste.

Well when we are calling for a CC chain, im gonna use silence, whether or not that be the exact definition of "CC" I dont really care, rather not say "CC train then silence" and just keep it simpler over vent.
    Here is a simple tip. If Medallion of the Horde/Alliance does not remove it, then it is not a CC. Just because you want to call it one doesn't change that, but if you are going to post something wrong like that don't be surprised if people correct you.

Here is a simple tip. If Medallion of the Horde/Alliance does not remove it, then it is not a CC. Just because you want to call it one doesn't change that, but if you are going to post something wrong like that don't be surprised if people correct you.
    And where is this arbitrary dictionary that says exactly what CC is? To my knowledge the actual term CC means many different things to many different people.

It doesn't. Crowd Controls, Snares, Roots and Silences are different things. Unless you want to argue that anything which is a negative effect on the other person is a Crowd Control effect, in which case every offensive ability in the game is a Crowd Control.

i r kontrollin crowdz wit mah /roar emote cuz tey c me rawr an tey skurry

It doesn't. Crowd Controls, Snares, Roots and Silences are different things. Unless you want to argue that anything which is a negative effect on the other person is a Crowd Control effect, in which case every offensive ability in the game is a Crowd Control.
    You are contradicting yourself, snares/roots can be removed with the insignia. Either way, you have COMPLETELY derailed the thread and continue to argue something pointless. Great, you dont call it a CC, but for the sake of simplicity I will continue to call it that.

Yea so silence is not a CC becuase you can not break it with PvP trinket...
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".