Page 1 of 2
LastLast

lfg forcing duel spec?

I am in a small battlegroup, Muradin server, and I healed BC raids, but shadow is where my heart is. The last couple of days, it has taken me 15 minutes as dps to get into a random heroic group. I know on my server, it takes 5 seconds to get into one as a tank/healz. I feel like this is forcing me to spec into healing just to get my heroic daily done... Is anyone else having the same issues or feel the same way as I?

Re: lfg forcing duel spec?

Your not "forced" you just have to wait in line w/ all the other dps. Sure itll speed up the wait if you heal, but by no means is that being forced
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

I'm a ret pally and I have no problem waiting as dps. I'm off-spec prot but don't have the gear for tanking yet. This thread is pointless because no one is forcing you to do anything. I usually just farm something or work on something else while I wait.

I actually dont mind. I'm main raiding shadow, disc. offspec.
    I get a random heroic in about 1 second as a healer and if I heal atleast I'm sure the tank doesn't die ;D

and to adress the TS:
    You're not forced into antying, if you want to DPS you can just get in the longer line over there -->

10+ Year Old Account

Same that you're not forced to respec. But quicker dungeons means getting them done than I would. If you have other things to do (I do the tournament dailies) then wait to dps. But just try to make sure that you let the group you're in know that your main spec is dps so if there is by chance an upgrade (and more likely the new heroics) you will want to roll on dps so there's no "QQ wtf yur healz!!!"

Like said earlier,Your not forced to go healer,BUT it's faster to get a group....I've got the same problem,I couldn't wait 10-20 mins in queue for farming hcs(or doing the daily hc) when i've got other stuff to do.Recently got dualspecc and went dps/healer in the lfg...out of 20 hc's i didn't get in 1 as me dps

But WTH,I don't mind tbh at least as long as i'm getting the daily done >

Its your choice to heal or to wait.

for me I can get a que instantly as a healer or wait 4-7min to DPS. I always choose to go shadow and DPS as the pug DPSers tend to suck, and the dungeons tend to get finished 5-15min faster with me in a DPS roll as I always do between 35-55% of the total damage for the group and average 45%. Also the healers love having a shadow priest for VE help. several regular 5mans are so easy that occasionally get done with 4 dps no heals.

I want to ask you a question. Why on earth would you want to dps a heroic as shadow rather than heal it? Shadow dps in heroics is rather terrible due to mobs dying to fast, whereas healing in heroics is as simple as dropping a PW:S on the tank and maybe a POM then just sitting there afk until the next pull.

Regardless of the size of your battlegroup the ratio of dps-tanks-healers is off in all battlegroups. LFG doesn't force anyone to do anything. If you want groups faster, thought, it would be wise to pick up a second spec.

My battlegroup is pretty large and it takes anywhere from 5 minutes (peak hours) and longer to find a group.

As a tank I find a group near instantly.

I haven't tried the LFG tool on my healer yet.

You know, this is pretty much the same as asking whether the LFG-system forces one to be a hybrid or not. Which is, yeah, a pretty weird question.

The answer? No. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys
    for me I can get a que instantly as a healer or wait 4-7min to DPS. I always choose to go shadow and DPS as the pug DPSers tend to suck, and the dungeons tend to get finished 5-15min faster with me in a DPS roll
    I respec'd to be a healer to find groups quicker too, and I noticed that the DPS i get stuck with usually stink too. I never really made the connection that it might be faster for me to wait and queue as DPS, but it can be true sometimes. I would have rather waited an extra 5 mins queueing as DPS to finish the instance (long one like OK) much faster and reque. Such is the random dungeon with random members though.

Yes, if by forcing, you mean giving you complete choice in the matter.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

If by forcing you mean encurages?
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

15+ Year Old Account

Why don't you talk to rogues, locks, mages, and hunters who can only queue up as a dps about how long they have to wait? I bet their answer will be that it takes the 15 minutes & they wished they could do something to lower the time. The fact that there are 4 specs for tanking, 4 specs for healing, and 23 specs for dps means that if you queue up as a dps you're going to have a longer wait time than if you were in there as a tank or healer. I personally don't mind the fact that I can go in almost immediately when I get on my DK or queue as a healer/dps with my priest. That just means I can farm badges faster. My dps friends like it too because we get in a group almost immediately instead of them waiting minutes by themself.

Here's how I deal with the new lfg.

On my rogue, I make sure to group up with one of my healer/tank friends and enter lfg like that. Instant grouping that way.
    On my warrior, if none of my aforementioned m8s are online then I queue as tank.
    On my shaman, same as above but as healer.

Really if you want to join as dps make sure you have friends who tank or heal. They're your ticket into fast instant groups. I like dps as well as healing and tanking so I tend to just join as whatever is fastest to get stuff done. As for loot I don't consider mainspec/offspec rules viable in 5mans. I'm queuing as both dps/tank or dps/heal so I wont get pigeonholed into only taking tank/healing stuff just because that's the what the lfg tool wants to queue me as.

The wait is still less than it was before.

I go always as a healer into the tool. nut on those random heroics I use more dmg spells than heal spells. Usually I finish the dungeon with 1.5-2k dps as a holy priest. sadly 2out of 5 HCs I do more dmg than the lowest damage dealer ^^

Do other things while you wait maybe?
    Don't look at me like that! Your Imp stood in the fire!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

IMO hybrids should have their tank or healing spec viable if they want to do heroics. Even if it is not your favorite thing it gets things done faster and your group will thank you. So yea, if you can stand healing, just do it, heroics are faceroll anyway and im sure you arent going to get too upset healing for 20 minutes a day. Not to sound like too much of a douchebag but it's people that play hybrids only as dps that causes a shortage of tanks and healers

That's like saying every Warrior and Death Knight should be tanking, not DPS'ing, and every Druid and Paladin should have both tanking and healing specs if they want to do heroics.

People play hybrids as non-healer roles because they enjoy it. And besides, what did you do before dual spec or LFG? You barely (if ever) even got a group.

Waiting 20 minutes while you quest or do whatever is nothing.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~