Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How is your guild handling Shadowmourne?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezpalulaj
    Did your guild forget to consider that this weapon is over 9000 times better for a dpser than a tank? My other character is a dk tank (Kreledrell of Shattered Hand) and I would like to think I know what I'm talking about...
    Maybe they decided to give it to the player that clearly deserves it the most instead of the one that gets the most dps out of it? I see nothing wrong in that atleast.

Deleted

My guild will give it to DK Main Tank. Why? Because we've been around since vanilla, we managed to get our members 5 legendaries total (ragnaros hammer, 2 in tbc and 2 valanyrs) and:

1. Guy with Raggy Hammer = Ebayed his character THE WEEK AFTER getting his legendary
    2. TBC Legendaries = Both left at the start of wotlk
    3. Both Valanyrs left 2 weeks after obtaining it.

DK Main Tank has been in guild since vanilla, has always been a reliable member and he's one of the pinnacles of the guild at the moment. AND he's a quiet but very nice guy.

He deserve it (not to mention he passed every single 2hander since ulduar10 to help melee dps gear up.) and we want to minimize the risk that some guildhopper on trial will loot this sweetness and run away.

It requires too much work and dedication and i think it will be put to good use in his hands.

We decided yesterday its going to me, a unholy DPS DK.

The way it was looked at was it's a 2 week old guild, so there is really no favourism for 'old members', it was just given to the person putting the most effort into the guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

I'm going to be getting our first - ret pally. Initially it was going to go to the other raiding ret pally as he'd been in the guild longer but he told our guild leaders he's going on a backpacking trip in a couple months and wouldn't be able to use it to the benefit of the guild for a decent amount of time. It was then a tie between myself and this DK in my guild but he said to pass it along to me as he switches between Frost and Unholy and as I can only use 2handers he figured it would be best to go to me.

It was an officer decision to do it this way, I was just happy to have been chosen, lol.

Guild is handling saronite like this:

2xSaronite: Bullet/Arrow schematics for the engineers
    25xSaronite: My legendary
    16xSaronite: Tailoring/LW/BS patterns

From there on out, all Saronite will be available upon request.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Deleted

We'll be doing 1 big dkp auction on our guild forum that includes both the saronites needed as well as the shards needed later on.

Right now it looks like it's either me or our DK officer that's going to get it as he and I have the most dkp right now. We've both been in the guild from our early raiding days in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by RainedUpon
    Only one person can loot the shards, this was established when the shards were listed on the armory site...dispelling rumors that anyone with the quest could get it.
    Is this definetly confirmed then? I have seen on the official forums this

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/756...1409164640.jpg

Its a screenie by someone who asked a GM in game whether the shards can be looted by more than one person and the GM says they cant but still... he could be wrong.

I've been putting off the issue of sorting out who in our guild is getting it as i thought the Shards would be multi lootable but if that aint the case for definite then fine.. i'll have to start looking at it.
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    Is this definetly confirmed then? I have seen on the official forums this

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/756...1409164640.jpg

Its a screenie by someone who asked a GM in game whether the shards can be looted by more than one person and the GM says they cant but still... he could be wrong.

I've been putting off the issue of sorting out who in our guild is getting it as i thought the Shards would be multi lootable but if that aint the case for definite then fine.. i'll have to start looking at it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50274 should confirm it for you, the shards are now legendary as well as bind on pickup, and no longer quest items. They are 1 drop for 1 person per boss only, if they drop from said boss that is, they are not guaranteed drops.

going to paladin first for us.

paladins have more use of haste, haste stacking paladins will get more chargest of soul.
    have the best retribution T10.
    most lore correct.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted

Chose the person based on attendance, loyalty towards the guild and the general effort he puts into the guild/raid everytime.
    Knowing where he lives might have also had something to do with it. ;D
    He will get 1 out of every 2 Primordial Saronite that drops, rest he is expected to collect himself.
    Poor guy is running dailies on 6 chars now everyday. Not to mention the Raid Weekly.
    It is really nice that for once people can actually work themselves towards it to show how much they want it, instead of just getting handed shards, or hoarding dkp.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol

most lore correct.
    So the paladin is lorewise the correct person to wield a twisted weapon containing a thousand souls over a Death Knight?
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Arms Warrior, Guild Leader, Raid Leader, Only Person in the guild to have remained in it through two summer slacks and not /gquit... ME .

except arp is useless for pallies... and chaos bane proc damage can probably be increased by dk talents that increase shadow damage done.

plus dks can out dps ret pallies anyday

Saronites are going first to tanking gear, then to other recipes and crafted, then any leftovers to legendary quest. People who want the weapon are already collecting saronite through their own means, and the first person to get the fragments will be decided by DKP just like every other item.

Legendary items seem to bring out the worst loot whores in normally rational people. There is no reason to treat them any differently from other items. Suddenly throwing out the normal loot distribution system that all your members signed up for in order to show favoritism to one particular player for no rational reason will just create useless drama in the guild.

Our first shards are going to our GM, a fury warrior.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol

paladins have more use of haste, haste stacking paladins will get more chargest of soul.
    have the best retribution T10.
    most lore correct.
    ok i give you the haste thing (if it doesnt have an internal CD), but Paladins take the least out of the ArP.
    And PLS elaborate your "lore correct" statement.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonk
    plus dks can out dps ret pallies anyday
    I think I just threw up a little

Give it to a dpser not a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    ok i give you the haste thing (if it doesnt have an internal CD), but Paladins take the least out of the ArP.
    And PLS elaborate your "lore correct" statement.

The current idea is that with 2pc t10 ArP becomes a little more valuable than it currently is. Of course it still won't be as good for us as for, say, warriors, but it should hopefully be a little better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

No one in our guild has the quest yet, and I guess they don't drop before someone does. We'll be dedicating them to one person though, obviously, when it does.