Which T10 Piece to Drop?

Has anyone done any comparisons to see which T10 piece is the weakest link?

Re: Which T10 Piece to Drop?

avoid legs and get the new crafted ones

Quote Originally Posted by Simple player
    avoid legs and get the new crafted ones
    lol, so bad.

15+ Year Old Account

For Arcane, you will want to do what the previous poster said and skip the legs in favor of the crafted legs.

For Fire and Frostfire, it's not as clear. You can probably swap out any of the pieces for a comparable item (i.e. not spirit) and be roughly the same. The crafted legs are really good though, due to the three sockets and haste/crit, so they are probably still best. I haven't really run numbers through Rawr for these specs, though.

If you're talking about heroic:

For Arcane, you will want to drop either the legs for the Plaguebringer's Stained Pants or the gloves for the Gunship Captain's Mittens.

For Fire/Frostfire, you can go full T10.277 or grab one of the replacements from Arcane.

Also, keep in mind we haven't seen any Arthas loot yet. I would expect to see caster spirit pants and a caster non-spirit helm in his loot table (based on analyzing gaps in the current gear list), which could throw things for a loop.

plaguebringer's are BiS for the same reason skyweaver were BiS over merlin's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtwarrior
    plaguebringer's are BiS for the same reason skyweaver were BiS over merlin's.
    I'm not seeing that in rawr. I can't drop the hit somewhere else and not sacrifice a haste piece for a crit/spirit piece. T10 gloves + rigormortis is already halfway to our hitcap, 277 rep ring puts us pretty close, then you can drop haste/hit bracers for crit/spi or crafted legs for plaguebringers. the leg swap puts you quite a bit over hitcap, too. Until I see a haste weapon without hit I don't think the 277 pants will work.

So far, if you include just the normal mode drops (not including Lich as its unreleased gear) in ICC and ToC, it is coming up as Tier legs and Meteor chest for Fire and Frost, Tier chest and crafted legs for arcane.

This includes gear from all bosses up to the lich king though so as a lot of those bosses are not yet out, which is better right now will depend on what you need right now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    I'm not seeing that in rawr. I can't drop the hit somewhere else and not sacrifice a haste piece for a crit/spirit piece. T10 gloves + rigormortis is already halfway to our hitcap, 277 rep ring puts us pretty close, then you can drop haste/hit bracers for crit/spi or crafted legs for plaguebringers. the leg swap puts you quite a bit over hitcap, too. Until I see a haste weapon without hit I don't think the 277 pants will work.
    Haste/Crit weapon off Arthas? I'd be shocked if there's no caster weapon off the ultimate boss of the expansion, and since he has a limited drop table, they'll probably try to make something as appealing as possible to everyone.

Then there's also http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49992 and its big sister. If there's no heavy AoE damage in a fight, it's a 1% chance for ~15,000 extra damage on hit. We'll need to play around in Rawr, but it should scale well with haste (no cooldown), and the two sockets and better enchant will make up for the spell power on an offhand. The loss of stats hurts though. The mage model doesn't currently support damage on hit as a proc, so I guesstimated it to 1.5%-1.75% on crit (modeled like Reign), and it looks pretty competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd

i operate under the assumption that arthas will drop the highest tier of weapons which will not have hit on them, much the same way barb of tarasque dropped off of beasts while mortalis dropped form anub.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtwarrior

i operate under the assumption that arthas will drop the highest tier of weapons which will not have hit on them, much the same way barb of tarasque dropped off of beasts while mortalis dropped form anub.
    I'm hoping this as well, but it is by no means an absolute thing that has to happen. Starshard Edge was hit/spirit and was best in slot in ulduar from algalon/firefighter.

As for the staff, it's pretty awesome but yeah I don't know how good it'll actually be. We got it for a moonkin in our alt run and he had 4 valkyr up during saurfang, it was badass.