LastLast

Re: Shadowpriest T10

Shouloders
    Chest
    Hands
    Pants
    Head

Looks before stats
    Don't look at me like that! Your Imp stood in the fire!

10+ Year Old Account

I'm going Shoulders -> Helm -> Chest -> Gloves/Trousers. As the 1st 3 items have no hit and the pieces they will be replacing (for me anyway) also have no hit this is the best way to go. As I've gone Shadow at the request of my new guild I only have 2 piece T9 (245 chest and legs) so I'll be breaking the set bonus when I get the chest.

As for the Gloves and Trousers, this is dependant on the amount of primordial saronite available to me. Ideally I'ld like to get both the crafted boots and the crafted legs to go with the tier gloves. But as I already have the Gunship Captain's Mittens getting the tier gloves over the trousers won't be much of an upgrade. But I won't have to face this dilemma for at least for a couple months.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I came to the conclusion that getting the 2 piece as fast as possible is the best option. After a few weeks we will have badges falling from the sky but right now they are still limited. If you did every daily and every instance you would have just been able to get your first piece this week. The 2 piece of T10 is far superior to the T9 4piece thus breaking the 4 piece isnt a big deal when factoring that in.

What I am doing is looking at the 2 pieces of T9 that I have 245. Gloves and shoulders. I have 258 chest and pants from H-Anub those going up to 251 then getting tokens to increase that isnt as big of an increase as changing my 245 pieces. Also gaining the 2piece T10 is a big increase in PP as well. Doing it with gloves and shoulders is also cheaper on badges in the short term while gaining the biggest technical PP value.

I was initially going to go helmet first but with the current amount of badges it would take double the time to get to the 2piece bonus which is not worth it to me. In a few weeks we will be getting alot more badges than we are currently meaning those pieces that cost 90 each will be alot easier to get.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Why would anyone wear that stupid Helm? Thats just asking to get beat up at the bus stop by the other kids!
    Don't look at me like that! Your Imp stood in the fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Frÿr
    Why would anyone wear that stupid Helm? Thats just asking to get beat up at the bus stop by the other kids!
    its true

People people people!

You're forgetting this is the last SET before Cataclysm. Looks should be more important than min/maxing 5 spellpower out of a entire gear set!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    People people people!

You're forgetting this is the last SET before Cataclysm. Looks should be more important than min/maxing 5 spellpower out of a entire gear set!
    Then why do most of them look crap?

Priest T10 looks awesome, in my opinion. And I really enjoy the colour change depending on the ilevel of the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Priest T10 looks awesome, in my opinion. And I really enjoy the colour change depending on the ilevel of the tier.
    QFT

I'm don't like the brown/red look of the normal 25 set which will probably the set most people will run around with...the green 251 version looks cool and fits a shadow most though the blue heroic set reminds me of the original t3 which was just plain awesome.

2pc T10 is better than T9 4pc, people shouldn't be worried about breaking it.

2pc T9 is quite beneficial because its not reduced by haste but VT still ticks at appropriate speed, I would have to say its a minimal upgrade to T10 4pc.

If you are lucky enough to Have Ony helm or get 1 of the 2 helms that are available drops right now, go with shoulders or chest if u can pick up the hit somewhere else.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

so i have only 2p tier 9, shoulds and legs
    should i replace shoulders 1st or just save for chest, then get shoulders?
    i have ony helm, merlins robe, token+ badges shoulders and pants
    and my gloves are from TOGC anub

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I tend to agree with Worshaka. I've got the Ony helm and will not be getting the T10 helm first. Shoulders first, primarily because while my other 3 T9 pieces are Triumph, my shoulders are Conquest so that's easy enough. Chest will be next, because I fully expect the new VoA boss to drop pants and gloves, just like the other 3. Looking forward to being 2 piece T10/2 piece T9. I won't kill myself getting to full T10 but who knows what will drop. Plans can and do go out windows.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

I'm getting chest first and since i got a token it's going to be even a bigger upgrade. The 2pc and 4 pc bonus makes any of the 4 you choose to be BIS, only items worth considering not to get are the ones with hit. So out of the 5 pieces you have to get 4, Hands and legs are the only pieces you can consider not getting if your hit capped without hit in those slots. I'm taking the hands and getting the crafted legs most likely. Plus the fact that you can get a token 3 months from now and upgrade your current ilvl 251 to 264 and even 277 at some point is awesome.

I never got a drop for the ony helm and was using the 245 badge helm in shadow. I got the t10 helm first with the rest 4pc t9 245. In picking my next piece i'll be checking what will drop in voa, has haste and will still be ~hit cap.

I went with shoulders and gloves to acquire the set bonus the fastest.
    I'll probably go for head before chest now, since that means I can get 3 pieces and keep T9 2-set bonus. The only problem is that my headpiece is 245 onyxia, which means I wont be using the T10 headpiece unless I get another token.

Why worry about a helm when you can get the 264 from the gunship?

It just hurts me to lose my Merlins but I'll prolly get chest first

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Helm will be the last I get because its 95 emblems and pretty similar to the Ony shadow helm... shoulders and chest seem the best 2 items to get first... and considering thats 155 emblems i'll just reevaluate what gear I have for the 3rd & 4th I choose.

This. I was quite dissapointed at how powerful the helm was.

Got my shoulders first, going for chest second (Since I just got a major upgrade to gloves in ICC) and we'll see where it goes from there.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account

Shoulders are one of the biggest upgrades, I'm doing them first.

Then I think (top of my head) it's leggings, chest, head, hands.

Hands aren't very good, I'll be avoiding them and going for either a dropped one (Rotface I think drops the better ones), or for 60 badges you can buy vendor gloves that are like 70pp higher than the t10.5 hands - those are the BiS (the vendor ones).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I'm going with Shoulders and helm for now. Meteor Chaser's Raiment is actually BiS for spriests till heroic gear. That comes from the Frost vendor and it's 95 badges.