Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadowpriest T10

So with T10 all having to be bought with Frost Emblems, what order will you be getting your 4set in?

Personally i am going to go with Helm - Chest - Shoulders (not using till i get 4set) - then either Gloves/Leggings, havent decided yet.

Re: Shadowpriest T10

I have no idea what order I'm going to get the gear in. All I know is that I'm going to put it off for as long as possible because I'm absolutely dreading giving up my 2p t9... I might wait for 4p t10...

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    Personally i am going to go with Helm - Chest - Shoulders (not using till i get 4set) - then either Gloves/Leggings, havent decided yet.
    Don't get the leggins, they're crap. Don't get the shoulders 3rd, with a bit of luck Toravon will give them to you once available. (And if not, buy them last). Instead get the Gloves 3rd.
    And use the following badges (or get saronite from your guildies) to craft the pants.

Helm will be the last I get because its 95 emblems and pretty similar to the Ony shadow helm... shoulders and chest seem the best 2 items to get first... and considering thats 155 emblems i'll just reevaluate what gear I have for the 3rd & 4th I choose.

helm is out the window Ony head is BiS atm so the other four will be my chice and with 2pc T9.245 on legs and shoulders atm, that kinda force my had to take chest and gloves

For Holy I am only planning on getting the pants and gloves for tier gear soley because they are the only piece's with haste on them. For Disc I will eventually get the rest of the pieces in no particular order but a full holy set is my priority. WTB better holy itemization for tier gear.

I'm going with an order similar to Weena. Helm will be replaced first (next week, wasn't able to log on when random heroic instances were bugged and rewarded frost emblems T.T), as I'm using 4 pieces t9 (245 and 258 mixed), so although it isn't that big of an upgrade from onyxia helm, I still get to keep my 4 pieces bonus a little longer. After that, it will be chest (highest stats upgrade from t9) -> shoulder (2nd highest). I will decide whether to get T10 glove or pants later, depends on the available gear / my stats by then.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    I'm going with an order similar to Weena. Helm will be replaced first (next week, wasn't able to log on when random heroic instances were bugged and rewarded frost emblems T.T), as I'm using 4 pieces t9 (245 and 258 mixed), so although it isn't that big of an upgrade from onyxia helm, I still get to keep my 4 pieces bonus a little longer. After that, it will be chest (highest stats upgrade from t9) -> shoulder (2nd highest). I will decide whether to get T10 glove or pants later, depends on the available gear / my stats by then.
    Holding onto 5% MF crit isn't worth the hassel, particularly now with hasted dots and MF is cast less often and makes a lower percentage of total damage than it used to.

The Ony Helm is extremely similar to T10, and while you might get a slight DPS advantage now, after you have enough items to get 2pc T10 you'll fall behind because you'll have a helm that was almost identical compared to upgrading to the best 2 T10 items.

Actually, even with hasted DoTs, MF is still a good part of our dps (ranging from 23-31% on my ICC / ToGC logs this week, with the exception of Gunship Battle / Anub since they are multi-doting / Mind Searing-fests). Therefore, in my opinion, 5% crit on MF is still worth keeping as long as possible.
    Let's make a comparison between upgrading pieces - to make it simple, assume you are using t9.245 / Onyxia-25 helm and upgrading them to t10.251 (if you are using t9.258, the amount of pp gain by ugrading will be lowered) and hit-capped already - using shadowpriest.com's value:
    - T9 4 piece bonus: 87.15*4 (total bonus) - 111.32*2 (2-set bonus) = 125.96pp
    - PP gained by upgrading Onyxia-25 helm to T10.251: 3.25 pp
    - PP gained by upgrading T9.245 glove to T10.251: 6.52 pp
    - PP gained by upgrading T9.245 leggings to T10.251: 16.72 pp
    - PP gained by upgrading T9.245 shoulder to T10.251: 42.78 pp
    - PP gained by upgrading T9.245 chest to T10.251: 50.7 pp

Seeing the small difference between upgrading glove/leggings and helm to T10.251 (3.25pp vs 6.52 / 16.72 pp), the only time the differences will be noticeable is the time before 3rd piece. By starting with chest / shoulder (no t9 4set bonus anymore), you are going to spend 2-3 weeks with 125.96-50.7+3.25=78.51pp lower than my setup. Since I started with helm, I get to keep that bonus for 2-3 weeks, then have to go with 39.53pp lower than your setup for 2-3 weeks. After getting the 3rd piece, we are pretty much the same.
    Now, losing 78.51pp or 39.53 pp for about the same amount of time, I would choose the 2nd one.

*These are just my calculation, feel free to tell me if I miscalculated*

Since when does VoA drop shoulders

I am going for helm, chest, shoulders first. I will more than likely grab gloves and go offset for pants. The helm, chest and shoulders are all near BiS if not BiS when maxed out for their ilvl.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

i currently have t9.5 of shoulders and leggings.

So i will be getting replacements for these last

my order will be
    Chest -> Helm -> Shoulders -> Leggings

1: Helm - Still got Ony Healing helm.
    2: Chest - 2nd biggest upgrade
    3: Shoulders and Gloves or Pants - Got 258 shoulders so they'll last longest. Gloves and Legs are equally bad so either. Pref Gloves so i can get crafted legs.

I'll probably get the badge belt before i get Shoulder+other.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

i dont get how there is a definite list, unless of course your rolling in full t9.

personally i havent had much luck on helms and after i cleared ToGC 25 i kinda stopped raiding on priest as its fucking boring. so i still have t8 helm, so obviosly this will be replaced first.
    seriously depends on what gear your using currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    So with T10 all having to be bought with Frost Emblems, what order will you be getting your 4set in?

shoulders > gloves > head > chest

pants are optional , no haste on them means I will probably go for the crafted set which are simply amazing.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Actually, even with hasted DoTs, MF is still a good part of our dps (ranging from 23-31% on my ICC / ToGC logs this week, with the exception of Gunship Battle / Anub since they are multi-doting / Mind Searing-fests). Therefore, in my opinion, 5% crit on MF is still worth keeping as long as possible.
    Trading in 4pc t9 for 2pc t10 is trading 5% crit on MF for 5% crit on our dots.
    Most of our damage comes from our dots, whic fluctuates depending on your haste rating.
    Do you want 5% crit on MF(~1/3rd of our damage) or 5% crit on our dots(~1/2 of our damage)?

Trading in 4pc t9 for 2pc t10 is trading 5% crit on MF for 5% crit on our dots.
    Most of our damage comes from our dots, whic fluctuates depending on your haste rating.
    Do you want 5% crit on MF(~1/3rd of our damage) or 5% crit on our dots(~1/2 of our damage)
    ^ It's not trading 2pc T10 for 4pc T9 though. Both setups will get 2 set T10 bonus at the same time, the only difference is which piece are you going to exchange first (helm->chest->shoulder->glove/leg or chest->shoulder->glove/leg->helm).

Im not sure people are looking at this the right way....

There is a lot fo talk about people wanting to keep their 4pc T9 bonus for as long as possible and therefore the T10 helm seems to be at the top of peoples list to get first. This is a bad decision as i'll attempt to outline.

I'm going to assume that people have 245 T9 and that they used the optimal Shoulders, Chest, Hands, Legs combined with the Ony 245 Shadow Helm. Assuming this is your setup (which would encompass most people) getting the T10 251 helm is an upgrade of only 3 PP. However you do keep your 4pc Bonus which was evaluated at around 40 PP during T9 content. Assuming you are gearing towards BiS the only other T10 items to choose from is Shoulders, Chest & Legs which are PP upgrades of 43 PP, 50 PP & 9 PP respectively.

This means that the Shoulders & Chest are by far and away the best upgrades... if you choose the helm first you gain 3 PP, if you choose the shoulders or chest first, you lose 40 PP for breaking 4pc T9 but gain 43 or 50 PP which puts you at the same level or higher than choosing the helm first. In addition if you choose these 2 items first compared to Helm and one of them, you are ahead by 43 or 50 PP after obtaining 2 items.

As I mentioned earlier in this post, you may benefit slightly in the short term by choosing the head but not by anything substantial and you put yourself behind in the long run... best to choose the shoulders first (only 60 emblems and you will raise your haste level) then the chest... after that it doesnt matter what you get, you probably won't break 2pc T9 until you can go straight to 4pc T10 in any case.

@Worshaka:
    Actually, I'm not sure you are looking at this the right way.

As I mentioned in my post few days ago, the difference between glove/leggings upgrade and helm upgrade are small (+3pp for glove over helm and +6pp for legging over helm), so the noticeable differences will only appear before getting the 3rd piece (assume you will be getting chest & shoulder first). I.e: A Helm/Chest/Shoulder will only be 3 pp lower than Chest/Shoulder/Glove setup, while Helm/Chest will be 40 pp lower than Chest/Shoulder (not counting the bonus yet).

Now, you did make a mistake (which I saw someone else here made before, but I can't recall who it was). 4pc T9 bonus value is total bonus minus 2-set bonus, which is 125.96pp according to 3.3 simcraft, or 81pp according to 3.2 gear thread on SP.com (t9 content). When you were saying it's 40pp, I guess you were thinking about
    Quote Originally Posted by sp.com 3.2 gear thread
    2Pc+4Pc - 259 dps = 165 PP that means we gain 41 PP per item if we use 4 pieces of T9.
    So, when you swap the chest first instead of the helm, you now lose whole 4 set bonus (not just the bonus value on the chest), which is 125.96pp, and gain 50pp, makes it a -125.96+50-3 = ~-72pp compared with keeping the chest for 4 set bonus, swap out the helm and get 3pp but get to keep 4 set bonus 2-3 weeks longer.
    Of course, if you are getting the helm first, then after getting 2nd piece, you are going to have 2-3 weeks with 40pp lower than Chest->Shoulder order (after getting the 2nd piece). After getting the 3rd piece, the difference is small as mentioned.

So in the end, it's up to you to choose between 2-3 weeks of 72 more pp than other setup (by taking helm first then chest), or 2-3 weeks of 40 more pp (taking chest / shoulder, pick helm last).

@Worshaka:
    Actually, I'm not sure you are looking at this the right way.

As I mentioned in my post few days ago, the difference between glove/leggings upgrade and helm upgrade are small (+3pp for glove over helm and +6pp for legging over helm), so the noticeable differences will only appear before getting the 3rd piece (assume you will be getting chest & shoulder first). I.e: A Helm/Chest/Shoulder will only be 3 pp lower than Chest/Shoulder/Glove setup, while Helm/Chest will be 40 pp lower than Chest/Shoulder (not counting the bonus yet).

Now, you did make a mistake (which I saw someone else here made before, but I can't recall who it was). 4pc T9 bonus value is total bonus minus 2-set bonus, which is 125.96pp according to 3.3 simcraft, or 81pp according to 3.2 gear thread on SP.com (t9 content). When you were saying it's 40pp, I guess you were thinking aboutSo, when you swap the chest first instead of the helm, you now lose whole 4 set bonus (not just the bonus value on the chest), which is 125.96pp, and gain 50pp, makes it a -125.96+50-3 = ~-72pp compared with keeping the chest for 4 set bonus, swap out the helm and get 3pp but get to keep 4 set bonus 2-3 weeks longer.
    Of course, if you are getting the helm first, then after getting 2nd piece, you are going to have 2-3 weeks with 40pp lower than Chest->Shoulder order (after getting the 2nd piece). After getting the 3rd piece, the difference is small as mentioned.

So in the end, it's up to you to choose between 2-3 weeks of 72 more pp than other setup (by taking helm first then chest), or 2-3 weeks of 40 more pp (taking chest / shoulder, pick helm last).
    Yeah you're right I was obviously thinking about the per item PP... in any case the 251 helm and ony 245 helm are basically identical... getting the helm to hang onto the 4pc set bonus for 1 piece is ineffecient in my opinion... sure you'll be 80 PP ahead - my choice (shoulders) of 43 pp = around 40 pp... but when I choose my 2nd item (chest) for 2pc T10 i'll have a 40 PP advantage minimum on your choice of Head and whatever other item you choose.

Like I said, the head is a better short term choice (you keep a set bonus) but a poorer long term (I guess it's really only medium term but the longer in the context of the discussion).

I'll also add that the MF crit bonus would no longer be worth that amount of PP either, that is because MF has come down from about 42% of our damage to 35%, with the need to cast dots faster more GCDs are substituted from MF to other spells. All that aside I still content shoulders followed by chest is the best option but if we want to get technical, once you get 4pc it won't matter how you got there.