Possible New Talents For Priests

I would enjoy to see some balancing in PvP against melee in the next expansion some of my ideas would include:
    Power Word Barrier- Creates a stacking shield around you that decreases damage taken by 5% each time you take damage in the next 5 seconds stacking up to 40 times healing you past 20 stacks and also making lasting 15 seconds also making you immune to all forms of cc during the spell's duration
    Empowered PoM- When your PoM is procced on your target it gives the target a HoT that is stacked 5 times each tick of the HoT removes one stack and each stack removed reduces the amount healed by the spell

Also i would like to expand upon our offensive capabilities a tad bit also:
    Holy Conflagration- Consumes the remaining DoT on your Holy fire to do a smite worth of damage to the target.

P.S. I am actually new to the forums if anyone would like to give any friendly advice I'd be more than willing to listen
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

Re: Possible New Talents For Priests

Hmm some problems.

Power Word Barrier is just a tad overpowered. Ummm, for starters it was a little convaluted but if this 5% stacks up to 40 times you would have 200% damage reduction which would be silly, attacks would effectively be healing you. Also, the immune to CC part of the spell once you get to 100% damage reduction isn't going to work either because then you would be virtually unstoppable with no down side. I can see this move being viable if you lost control of your character and it feared itself to the other side of the room for 15 seconds. Even then it would be overpowered as you could use it to escape.

Empowered PoM. Now, PoM is primarily a Holy spell. Obviously Disc priests use it and it is a part of everyone's rotations cose it is fucking awesome but it isn't going to have many talents pertaining to it in the disc tree (I assume you mean disc as you are talking about PvP yet didn't mention if this was another troll Holy PvP thread or not.). Also, it doesn't really make sense... You put on a HoT when PoM procs on the person, so that is a stack count of 1. It can stack up to 5 times and each tick removes a stack. So you need to have PoM proccing on the target twice between ticks for the stack to actually increase? Yet PoM has a cooldown? And that bit about "each stack removed reduces the amount healed by the spell" how does that work? Does the first stack heal for nothing at all/very little and it increases the more stacks there are? Kind of an uphill struggle if you ask me, what with the stacks decreasing each tick...

And finally Holy Conflagration. This doesn't really work with Glyph of Smite does it?
    I think I will leave it at that.

Sorry if I am a bit harsh anywhere, just expressing my opinion. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay and don't worry all the other priests here arn't assholes like me ;D
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

I believe i left some spots unfilled when i wrote i meant it only stacks for 5 secs and lasts 15 secs with 15secs immune to cc with the damage reduction bubble on and yes it was meant to be healing to balance against rogues (though with enough resil atm they don't hurt that much) so 5 secs to stack and 15 secs uptime total. How many hits are usually dealt within 5 secs, not many so it is very unlikely to stack very high honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake-o
    Creates a stacking shield around you that decreases damage taken by 5% each time you take damage in the next 5 seconds stacking up to 40 times healing you past 20 stacks and also making lasting 15 seconds also making you immune to all forms of cc during the spell's duration
    also i never said anything about interrupts or silences

Also empowered pom starts with 5 stacks up and takes away one stack each tick removing one stack each time so in essence you start with a 5 stack on you and lose stacks over time kinda like a wild growth

Holy conflag is also to be used at the end of the dot where you can't fit in another smite but need that extra bit of burst
    Dear Blizzard
    Signed Rock.

If, as you say, it is unlikely you will get hit alot in 5 seconds. We are counting alot as still less than 20+ times. So it is going to be very situational and just sounds like a between 10% and 90% damage reduction for 15 seconds, with an additional immune to CC mechanic. We already have Pain Supression. And resilience actually makes this ability worse? Why should I not just take my PvE Disc gear and go Arena?

Also, your PoMs are powerful enough in Disc to make that kind of HoT really useful? And people would spec in to this talent because said HoT would be really really great? Seriously, no one specs in to Empowered Renew (more than 1 point) unless they are going for a Renew centred build. You can't have a PoM based Disc build, so why would this talent ever be useful?

And Holy Conflag still seems stupid. Everyone wants a spammable nuke. If you are going to enact Holy Conflag why not just make the Holy Fire dot do more damage?

I'm not saying any of these are going to be massively overpowered as i said i was trying to brainstorm some ideas to make it easier to deal with melee on the run rather than busting a few cooldowns and getting interrupted in the middle of penance. Honestly i just started to pvp and have gotten to the point where warriors are smart enough to have a stop bladestorm cast pummel macro. By all means if you have ideas please share because with new talent trees coming out with fun talents i don't see a point in "increases holy fire DoT damage by X". Any and all ideas are appreciated.

Also the Barrier spell is kinda to balance the OH #%^! Bloodlust Killing spree teams with combat enhance i have been fighting lately at ~1600(please don't flame me and a friend just started pvping)

Also the HoT isn't meant to be hugely awesome just a bonus dispel you can have on you, and it's heal decreases with time so once again it just a way to mildly mitigate damage while incapacitated.

Also while 5 secs may not be a long time the spell can be used as a peel off in pvp so your mage/rogue partner doesn't have to peel off you every 5 secs because it seems as a deterrent to myself. Because the enemy can continue to goto town on you with Pain Suppression up, but this spell could give you a split second to heal.

Also if anyone could link a addon that makes syncing sheeps and fears easier it would be much appreciated

Fellow Brainstorms accepted
    Dear Blizzard
    Signed Rock.

Bubble, PS, Fear, Spam Mass Dispel mate and that BL will be long gone. Might as well pop Divine Hymn after that cose it if it all gone you have won if they can't reset.

Here's a talent idea to make an awesome spell even better:

--

If Prayer of Mending critically hits, a copy of the buff remains on the target, in addition to jumping to a new target as usual.

Basically:
    Assume you cast ProM on a tank.
    Tank gets hit, ProM crits. Prom now jumps to the offtank (4 charges), and remains on the MT (4 charges). MT and OT buffed.
    MT gets hit again, ProM crits. Prom now jumps to the rogue (3 charges), and remains on the MT (3 charges). MT, OT and rogue buffed.
    OT gets hit, ProM does not crit. Prom jumps to the mage (3 charges). MT, Mage and Rogue buffed.

--

Upsides: Would make crit very useful for a holypriest.
    Downsides: Would need recode, as multiple Prayer of mendings need to be active per priest. OP in a Valkyr Twins setup.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

If Prayer of Mending critically hits, a copy of the buff remains on the target, in addition to jumping to a new target as usual.
    ^ im likin this!

to keep it from bein totally OP, the "copy" that remains, is only 1 stack (instead of 4/3/etc) and has the inability to crit (meaning another "copy" cant possibly keep refreshing itself). Also, if the original stack comes back to you, it replaces any copy that is on you.

im a disc priest and PoM and PW:Shield are the first things i use as soon as they come off CD (granted holy priests have several talents making PoM much more useful for them, its still a damn good spell).

I think this should be something that blizz could put into the talent tree for disc for future patches/expansions. I say this because in any raid im in, the holy priests are all healing the raid while im left on the tanks with the holy pally/s, and most a disc priests' importance comes from procs off of crit heals. This would also allow us to catch up with the other healing classes a tad :P

Now for pvp....thats whats going to kill this idea...being that disc priests are already seen as one of the best healers for arenas.

I could go for a talented replacement to the Wrath of Air totem (spellhaste buff). I dunno about you, but it's not even just bloodlust limited to Shaman. And bring that 3% miss (Insect Swarm/Scorpid Sting) out, with a reason for one spec (like BM) to actually cast that debuff (like Combat used to for Wound Poison, or remove the downside to the Glyph of IS).

That Empowered Mending that Danner had posted sounds really nice, but on some fights (ex. Twins) it would be proc'ing nonstop and a little OP.

I already use Mending before Circle, because it gets in the game faster (lets me play "clean up" with Circle) and it already crits a lot. I could see a talent/Glyph that would drop your cooldown, give Mending a 4-6 second proc cooldown but keep it single target (similar to an Earth Shield/Sacred Shield style of buff).

I dunno.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I also want a talent granting some sort of comboish effect between Fade and Desperate Prayer. When a mob hits you, you very much want to cast both. But GCD bars you from that. A talent allowing me to lose the mob and heal at the same time would be awesome for PVE.

Something like:
    "After casting Fade, Desperate Prayer is not affected by the GCD. This effect lasts 1.5 seconds. "

Could also make a decent minor glyph.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]