Thread: Error Message

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Error Message

Whenever I attempt to enter EotS or NetherStorm I keep on getting this message :

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition
    Program: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe

Failed to read file ENVIRONMENTS\STARS\NETHERSTORMCLOUDS03.blp.

Does anyone here know why, or know how I can solve this because it happens every time and I mean every time.
    I can't log in, so I write the GM a ticket on my alt telling him what the problem is. Ok he moves me, but that dosn't solve the issue because it is still occuring. I gathered that it is a problem with my files and one that GM can't possibily solve, so yeah would be grateful for some answers.

Thanks in advance

-Anium

Re: Error Message

If i had to guess, it is because one of your gamefiles is corrupt, and the game is unable to load / read a file it needs.

There is a Repair Tool in your main wow directory, run it. It should fix the problem.

If the Repair tool does not fix the problem, chances are your only remaining option is to Delete and complely re install WoW.

I would reccomend Defragmenting your harddrive before running the repair tool as well.

Re: Error Message

As an addition to the above poster, you'd probably have to reset the files using the repair tool, so if you use any customized addons etc. It would be wise to back up your interface and WTF folders as they are reset in the process of a full repair