Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: hand of reckoning ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Yes, let me taunt a mob off of a tank to LoS it when the tank has aggro on 2 other mobs, that'll show them!
    Pop RF, taunt instantly (off of GCD), right clic RF, and voila.

And seriously for the one saying "what boss do you need to interrupt", did you even do Deathwisper ? Frostbolt hitting for nearly 50k i they aren t kicked. In 10man, every tank can kick it, except paladin prot, as a result, you take 30k frostbolt every 8sec because you can t interrupt (and no, you can t silence the boss)

seewutididthere ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    4 second cd interrupt would be too strong in PvP. Extending the CD on CS would weaken our DPS. Buffing CS to balance the increased CD would buff our burst as well, something blizz clearly doesn't want to do.

lol

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    lol
    Hello there useless shell of a ret paladin.

He's right, the best thing I have seen is that change to repentence, maybe just chaning it so it interrupts if it cannot incapacitate the target.

Whenever I'm tanking a heroic and a retardin uses HoR because "DOEZ TEH DAMAGE" I let the taunted mob kill the retardin who, of course, can't bubble himself (he used wings). Then I get a whisper that says "OMG U TEH SUXZORZ U BAD TAKN", to which I replay "No, I'm a good tank. That's why you are dead now".

Why are we bringing up interrupt capability in PvE? Let's be honest here for a moment: Paladins are not bearing the responsibility to interrupt bosses, there is a whole raid full of DPS with them that can interrupt every 10 seconds - and besides that Hammer of Justice interrupts on stun immune mobs.

Any interrupt added is strictly a PvP change, so arguing that a change shouldn't happen because it wouldn't function well enough as an interrupt in PvE is junk logic. We already have an interrupt / lockout effect for PvE, as well as a 3 second silence as prot spec.
    (Parentheticals)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius
    Pop RF, taunt instantly (off of GCD), right clic RF, and voila.
    That'd make me go OOM, for sure- RF takes 1/5 of our mana to use.

Deleted

That'd make me go OOM, for sure- RF takes 1/5 of our mana to use.
    If you have to taunt 4-5 times in one fight, then there's a serious problem with your tanks...

And dudes, stop saying "PROT HAZ INTERUPTZ LOL", prot doesn't have an interrupt, they have a 3sec silence on a 30sec CD that is useless on bosses and is only useless on trash or pvp as prot. And HoJ isn't a viable interrupt though, the best thing we can have with HoJ is 20sec CD, and having it on GCD can make us miss our kick, see the problem ? Neither Ret or Prot have a viable interrupt in PvE (say hi to frostbolts hitting for 25k in ICC10 if you doesn't have a kicking class in your raid, war tank can, dk tank can, druid tank can, prot paly can't)

15+ Year Old Account

If you have to taunt 4-5 times in one fight, then there's a serious problem with your tanks...
    Often in Deathwhisper, I taunt off my other melee (since I and more defensive) or taunt a caster mob off the tank to LoS it around the piller.

Face it, bad mechanic is bad. You wouldn't see DKs having to be in Frost pres. to use their interrupt, now, would you?

Deleted

Face it, bad mechanic is bad. You wouldn't see DKs having to be in Frost pres. to use their interrupt, now, would you?
    You wouldn't see warriors having to change stance to use their interrupt... Oh wait... They do.

You wouldn't see warriors having to go in Def stance to use their interrupt... Oh wait... They do.
    Actually, you wouldn't. Shield Bash is usable in Battle and Defensive stance, and Pummel's available in Berserker. Also, if you're talented for it, Concussion Blow works in any stance, and then there's Shockwave further down the tree.

The only one that requires one stance and one alone is Pummel. So try a little harder to read those tooltips next time.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane
    Actually, you wouldn't. Shield Bash is usable in Battle and Defensive stance, and Pummel's available in Berserker. Also, if you're talented for it, Concussion Blow works in any stance, and then there's Shockwave further down the tree.
    Shield Bash requires a shield, doesn't it ?
    Pummel need to be done in Zerk stance, stance change anyone ?
    Conc Blow and Shockwave are in Prot tree, dps warrior don't go there.

Seewutididthar ?

15+ Year Old Account

Seewutididthar ?
    Because Rage is SOOOO much harder to get than mana....
    Its still a bad mechanic.

Shield Bash requires a shield, doesn't it ?
    Pummel need to be done in Zerk stance, stance change anyone ?
    Conc Blow and Shockwave are in Prot tree, dps warrior don't go there.

Seewutididthar ?
    So you can't do a macro to swap to a sword and board, interrupt, and then get on with your freaking life? Like people have been doing since the game came out five years ago?

And yeah, when I said Pummel needs to be done in Berserker stance twice, that kind of meant that you need to be in Berserker stance to Pummel. I can make that italic too, if it's still not clear enough. It's only the third time I've typed it.

And if DPS warriors are any good, why would they be in Defensive stance anyway? Isn't that what Berserker's for? So again, there's Pummel. Hit the button and shut up. Or swap to a sword and board in Battle, hit Shield Bash, and swap back. These things are possible to do, if you take the time and energy to actually learn your class instead of spend all day complaining about how horrible it is.

I know you didn't see what I did there, but it wouldn't make any difference anyway.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

didnt think i would get so many replies

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane
    So again, there's Pummel. Hit the button and shut up. Or swap to a sword and board in Battle, hit Shield Bash, and swap back. These things are possible to do, if you take the time and energy to actually learn your class instead of spend all day complaining about how horrible it is.
    And you can pop RF, taunt, then wipe RF, this is possible too, you see ?
    What i'm asking for is to get an interrupt like any other melee, taunt is globaly used by tanks (sometimes you have to taunt as Ret, pop RF, taunt, and you're done, Divine plea to get mana back and it's like nothing happened), so tying our single target taunt to RF won't cause any problem in PvE, if it causes you any problem, then tell me, and i'll show you that if you have to taunt 5 times in a fight as Ret, then you or your mates are doing something wrong.

I don't have to spend my time and energy learning my class, i've cleared all the content actualy so no, thanks, i don't have anything more to learn about my class and my spec.

Here's an idea:

No.

Certain classes bring certain things to a raid. Paladins bring buffs. Let the interupts go to the classes that bring very little to the raid buff wise (warriors and rogues specificly).

Besides, who wants more responsibility?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sourjoe
    Here's an idea:

No.

Certain classes bring certain things to a raid. Paladins bring buffs. Let the interupts go to the classes that bring very little to the raid buff wise (warriors and rogues specificly).

Besides, who wants more responsibility?

Following your logic, druids shouldn't be able to have something that interrupt, shaman bring totem and bl so they shouldn't be able to interrupt, but they can, explain me why they, they are hybrids like us.

Who wants more responsability ? Me, i want to be able to kick a frostbolt that can nearly kill the tank if not kicked. Don't know what class you play, but if you don't like having responsabilities, then PvE Hl is not for you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

There are all kinds of issues with every suggestion in this thread.

Having to have Righteous Fury up to taunt:
    Yes, you can theoretically buff Righteous Fury, taunt, then cancel it again, but that's using a sizable chunk of your mana that you can't regen easily while using your full DPS rotation. Retribution Paladins don't actually have all that much mana to waste, since there's a pretty fine balance between usage and regeneration.

Having an interrupt as a 31 point talent in the Retribution tree:
    Retribution isn't the only Paladin spec that could use a PvE interrupt - you could actually make the argument that they need it less than Protection, but I won't get into that - so having it talented (or at least that far down) isn't a great option.

"Perhaps, change Hand of Reckoning to do the following, in this order: Interrupt > Taunt > Damage":
    What if I want to interrupt a mob but not taunt it? Or I want to taunt a mob and then interrupt another one?

Avenger's Shield is a silence available to Protection Paladins. But the only time in PvE that I care about silencing a mob is when I have multiple casters spread out, and the other thing that Avenger's Shield does is daze the target, which generally prevents them from moving close enough for it to be useful before the silence wears off and they start casting again.

I think there was a suggestion for a separate, trainable Paladin ability that acted as an interrupt. I don't recall the specifics, but it's the most reasonable thus far.