Fast offhand and flametongue

Hi all

I am still leveling my shaman which is level 72 and i got the offhand from nexus. But i dont know wether to us Windfury or flametongue on it. Tried looking it up, but kept getting mix information. On one site they say slow mainhand wf and fast off hand ft. But other sites say got double wf. I even tried rawr which didn;t even give me the option to put wf on offhand, should i conclude its beter then wf? rawr even calculated a increase dps if i did double ft.

Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Re: Fast offhand and flametongue

Slow MH - WF
    Slow OH - FT
    "I like to tank pugs. It toughens me up and makes my skin as thick as my armour." - mouseno4

While leveling use Windfury on both weapons. Once you have enough talent points to get 5/5 Elemental Fury, you should start using Flametongue on your offhand.

So should i drop the nexus offhand and go for a (13weapondps less) offhand who is 2,6?

yes

oke ty for the help

Get a slow OH and go dual windfury. Your fast OH would have to almost 45 ilvls better than your slow OH to be a better option.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    So should i drop the nexus offhand and go for a (13weapondps less) offhand who is 2,6?
    Yes. This is because of the way Windfury works. WF has an internal CD of 3 seconds. so using a slow weapon gets you closer and closer to that 3 second mark. If you use a fast weap you are going to miss WF procs more often. Also because of the way weps work. A slow weapon usually has higher end damage. WF procs two instant hits based on wep damage. If you have a fast wep with low damage then its not going to do as much damage as a slow high end damage weapon does.

Now that I've spoon fed you infomation that is all over the web I get to ask you to do a favor.

USE THE SEARCH FUNTION OR GOOGLE!!!!
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Astryx
    Yes. This is because of the way Windfury works. WF has an internal CD of 3 seconds. so using a slow weapon gets you closer and closer to that 3 second mark. If you use a fast weap you are going to miss WF procs more often. Also because of the way weps work. A slow weapon usually has higher end damage. WF procs two instant hits based on wep damage. If you have a fast wep with low damage then its not going to do as much damage as a slow high end damage weapon does.

Now that I've spoon fed you infomation that is all over the web I get to ask you to do a favor.

This i already knew, just needed to know which is beter :fast beter weapon + Ft or slow oke weapon + WF.
    In my op text it also said i did search and tried rawr.
    But still ty for the info and confirmation :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Astryx

Why be so rude? He said he's been looking in his OP but gets mixed information. People these days have no sense of common courtesy.
    Signature image removed for size -- please read the guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    This i already knew, just needed to know which is beter :fast beter weapon + Ft or slow oke weapon + WF.
    In my op text it also said i did search and tried rawr.
    But still ty for the info and confirmation :-)
    Well you are mainly getting conflicting info because while leveling, it doesn't matter. If you wanted to dual wield 1.3 daggers with double FT you'd hit 80 in roughly the same time. Nothing lives long enough for it to truly matter.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Think nowadays much of the advantage that was there with fast weapons with flametongue is gone since they made it so that flametongue dps is the same no matter weapon speed (faster weapons do less dmg but more often and so on).