Thread: Lock OP?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lock OP?

I have found this pretty anoyin! Lock question

Quote Originally Posted by GgMc
    Hey guys, i just wanted to know if anyone has found this in anyway over powered, and if it deserves a nerf.

What happened:

A few weeks ago i was playing resto/ret vs priest/lock(destro). This isnt me QQing "oh locks are massively OP, nerf them hard please!" thread. But i was playing against this comp on ruins of lorderon and i was kiting for quite a while, the lock could kill my pally with my hots on em and the priest wasnt mana burning me we were winning pretty badly in the mana race making the priest waste a ton of mana overhealing after cyclones. but after a while, they changed strat...

They changed to a get the druid! strat. they struggled trying to hit me or even dot me up for about 2 minutes... then they just started spamming mana drain. my problem with this is that its instant... i couldnt get away from it and when the priest did get a fear on me and my pally(cause apparently priest fears go through pillars and tombs!) i would get fear spammed and lose about 20% mana in that 1 shot.
    I eventualy oomed and we lost.

What should change:

After this encounter i was extremely angry with the fact that its an instant ability that goes through pillars. all of their channeled abilities are instant and go right through los. so my question is, can we please ad like a 1 second cast on these(make them last like 2 seconds longer if they land to make up for the lost time.) or stop them from going through pillars so that they dont suck up all of our mana?

And btw im not an idiot, i was going bear form so not to get my mana sucked all up (when not feared) to not get my mana sucked up, and my pally was dispelling fears off when he could. But my problem is even if i go bear form, that gives him time to DPS, and it costs quite alot of mana after spamming bear form...

My question is am i doing something grossly wrong, are locks OP, or is this happening to anyone else and agree that one of these changes should be made.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info. Cheers, Bahumut5
    I play as all 4 specs, and you ask me why im a loot whore? ITS CAUSE IM A DRUID!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    God, I wish tanks did more dps so they were easier to level...

Re: Lock OP?

You don't need 3 or 4 threads about this.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

All channeled spells follow you behind objects. This is not limited to warlocks and is nothing new. Get better at LOS'ing.

you're only complaining about it because you lost. This post wouldn't exist if you won the match.

Why don't you complain about how druid's healing shouldn't be instant cast and you shouldn't be able to heal yourself to full while running away.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

and my pally was dispelling fears off when he could.
    why he wasnt dispelling the drain manas also? weird stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Windspast
    you're only complaining about it because you lost. This post wouldn't exist if you won the match.

Why don't you complain about how druid's healing shouldn't be instant cast and you shouldn't be able to heal yourself to full while running away.
    Truth.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    wat
    You can dispel the channel, it will tick maybe 1 time instead of 4.

And as response to the thread itself; you can't always get what you want. I think it's op that druids can pretty much form out of anything, may it be a frostnova, a polymorph, or a slowing effect such as hamstring, curse of ex, crippling poison, you get the deal.

And psycic scream/frostnova/howl of terror or any of that stuff doesn't "go through los" Maybe you didn't know that on your screen you will always be more far away than you are on the other guys screen. Caused by your internet/his internet. Same thing that causes vanish to break for example.

And just get a warrior, they have more damage, lolstorm and mortal strike.

Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    i can haz dispel magic missles
    Certain channel spells puts a buff/debuff on the target.
    If it is magical, then dispel will remove the buff/debuff, thus disconnect the channel spell.

Arcane missiles do not put such a debuff on the target, so dispel does not counter it.

u have a 3 min innervate. get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Conzy
    And we got a felhunter with devour so we can dispell it, not a good example m8.

Quote Originally Posted by GgMc
    Lock OP?
    Hardly. Yes, they have a lot of tricks up their sleeve. But, guess what, so do a lot of other classes. When was it again that PvP was even remotely balanced? Ah yes, never.

Seriously though, I do agree that it is somewhat odd that certain channels completely ignore LoS barriers. But, this is not limited to Warlocks.

Any channel that starts before LoS'ing will go through, deal with it.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

1. You should have known mana drains would counter you when you chose to run a healer/dps comp with no MS and no mana drains of your own.

2. Mana drain doesn't "go through" pillars. You have to be in sight when the warlock starts casting mana drain to be hit by it. Yes, it continues hitting you once you've run out of sight, but that's like saying fireball shouldn't hit you while its travelling through the air if you get behind a pillar in time.

Quote Originally Posted by t1mPAn
    And we got a felhunter with devour so we can dispell it, not a good example m8.
    gl with that

Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas
    gl with that
    XD i just wanted to quote this by myself... sure you have devour! but you have to have more than luck to dispell the innervate, while the druid got 1000000 hots and other buffs on himself....

to cry for a warlock nerf, as a druid should be a bad joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4ymore
    XD i just wanted to quote this by myself... sure you have devour! but you have to have more than luck to dispell the innervate, while the druid got 1000000 hots and other buffs on himself....

to cry for a warlock nerf, as a druid should be a bad joke...
    thats why i said gl with that, its really hard to get a dispell on dr00ds innervate with felpup

Quote Originally Posted by Conzy

@OP

You can line of sight mana burns, you just didn't do it right.

You started to own them, they changed tactic mid fight, you didn't adjust properly and got beat.

Sounds like a very fair match imo, but one you lost because they adapted and you didn't.
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

10+ Year Old Account

Locks suck, if you are getting rolled by a lock you are suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakavys
    Locks suck, if you are getting rolled by a lock you are suck.
    locks dont suck. locks are awesome and one of the most powerfull classes in arena and generaly in pvp if you know how to play them. But they are not OP *cough* warriors *cough*