Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

People wanting to skip bosses in DTK

Just NO.

Its a 20min instance. less than that. Last time i did a full clear i still had 5mins left on my 20min Shadow Protection buff.

Yet, for some unknown reason, I have had 2 separate groups in random heroics wanting to skip the middle bosses. Why? 3mins saved for the cost of 2 triumph badges. I cant understand the reasoning. Its one of the easiest instances in the game....

Re: Retards wanting to skip bosses in DTK

You're right. Being in the queue as a dps is a pain as it is, skipping bosses once you get in an instance is murder. Just kill everything, bosses are fast anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    The definition of balance is when all the classes are whining at the same time, at the same volume.

You can skip King dred and?

Maybe not in DTK cause you don't save any time at all by skipping bosses, wtf would u skip bosses for that you practically run over on the way to the last boss. I do however skip bosses on my paladin tank in random heroics in some instances because for killing the last boss you get an extra two triumph badges. So the faster you kill those bosses the more triumph badges per hour my friend.
    Much love Rivellana

Most people are in the random daily for the frost emblems, not the triumph.

Like myself many people are in the situation where they cannot actually spend any more triumph badges. Im a warrior and have full triumph tank gear + some stuff from ICC and heroic 10 totc, whislt my mainspec DPS is mostly heroic 25 totc and ICC. I have about 200 badges and nothing to do with them (relentless glad as well) so when i do the random heroic daily i want to get in and get out. I don't care about 1 more badge that can be farmed in an instant from anywhere else and in 1 day if you put your heart into it. Frost emblems > all. The less time i spend in a heroic the better. This is also why i like tanking them, as then i can go flat out and if people winge they can quit imo.

same thing in Gundrak and Old kingdom. people want to skip eck and the mushroom dude and the servant lady.

I want my emblems not faster runs >.>

Wack - 85 Mage* *Luura - 80 Priest* *Madrith - 80 Deathknight* *Tassle - 45 Rogue* *Azaruul - 22 Druid

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    The less time i spend in a heroic the better. This is also why i like tanking them
    this made no sense...

I'm usually looking for a group that doesn't need the extra bosses, since my goal is to get to the frost emblems as fast as possible. Halls of stone DTK and Gundrak are the ones I'm usually thinking of. I'll do the extra bosses if my tank wants to do them, since it's usually fairly quick and he's hard to replace, but if a DPS wants to do them but not the tank and I, they're free to queue again.

Quote Originally Posted by ozreece
    Yet, for some unknown reason, I have had 2 separate groups in random heroics wanting to skip the middle bosses. Why? 3mins saved for the cost of 2 triumph badges. I cant understand the reasoning. Its one of the easiest instances in the game....

For example I have raided ToC 10 and 25 both normal and heroic since it got open and I currently sit on 180 triumph badges I have no use for. I don't give a rat's ass about them and I'd rather do a faster run.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    Most people are in the random daily for the frost emblems, not the triumph.
    wrong. its the other way round. most people are not at the stage yet where they are overflowing with triumph badges. You sir, are in the minority.

However, at least i understand why there are certain groups wanting to get to the finish line sooner. I forgot about the 2 frost situation for the first random. I guess its a timing thing. Start later in the day with running randoms and it will decrease chances of hitting a group like this.

wrong. its the other way round. most people are not at the stage yet where they are overflowing with triumph badges. You sir, are in the minority.
    Depends on the server and time of day. After regular raid time on my server, it's always the guys who cleared TOGC who want to go. The DPS wanting gear and triumph badges are by far the minority. Maybe later in the day it's different.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor

For example I have raided ToC 10 and 25 both normal and heroic since it got open and I currently sit on 180 triumph badges I have no use for. I don't give a rat's ass about them and I'd rather do a faster run.
    So you have all mounts, BOA gear for all your alts.... Full rep, Full PvP gear, and no need for gems?

Cool bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks
    So you have all mounts, BOA gear for all your alts.... Full rep, Full PvP gear, and no need for gems?

Cool bro.
    MT in my guild also has "The Insane" on two characters, fully geared alts @ 80, and doesn't care about pvp gear. It happens.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    MT in my guild also has "The Insane" on two characters, fully geared alts @ 80, and doesn't care about pvp gear. It happens.
    I bet he isnt bitching about runs though...Since he prob doesn't do any.

I bet he isnt bitching about runs though...Since he prob doesn't do any.
    I queue with him for the first random dungeon after every raid, and we go through it as fast as possible. We're after frost emblems to get our T10 quicker.

i understand.. i skip all boses but mandatory ones in HoS and try to skip them in DTK (only if they are daily random hc ofc) all i (we) need there are frost badges.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Cool bro.
    There are no mounts for Triumph Badges, I got all the reputations you can get from the tradeable tokens (Had it for ages), I currently have 5 80's, 77 rogue with 2 BoA daggers who shares BoA shoulders and chest with my level 25 druid, who also has BoA mace, so I don't need any BoA gear. And all my gem needs can be covered with leftover Emblems of Conquest and / or my trasmute master alt, making epic gems for 50-60g each.

So yea I don't need any thriumph badges. Thanks "bro".
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    so he has no use for epic gems either? i doubt it

are you kidding me?
    3/4 of the ppl that are doing it are alts.
    the other 1/4 are there because they just hit lvl80.

Have been farming with my friend since the patch came out, have made over 5k in badges.
    you can easy get one T9 piece everyday if you are casual.

So your argument that most ppl aren't having a overflow with badges doesn't make any sense
    "I can understand why gw2 fans are mad, they hyped their game for 2 years.
    Called all other games bad and it still pretty much failed in 2 weeks."

I havnt had this happen in dtk yet but i have in gundrak and that is very annoying. Sure 5 mins longer but the potential 5g plus a badge isnt terrible

and to those who say i just want frost for t10

others want 5 mins per run of your time for a few extra badges to help them gear.

Well see if a tank skips bosses we a dps say "GO GO GO" because you're a selfish douche