Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 3.3 [Shadow] - The Week After

Well consider ur self lucky :P my MB/VT is at 0.7 xD
    i really like the buff i'm top caster dps in all single target and adds fights ... but unfortunately our melee's are too good :P so i'm like 4th-5th in bosses besides on deathwhisper that i'm first. At Saurfang as much dps as i do i have a rogue and a feral drood always above me with 11k single target dps -.- so i end up 3d our melee are too good to outdps :P

Anw it looks really nice i hope they don't nerf us :P

Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis
    i really like the buff i'm top caster dps in all single target and adds fights ... but unfortunately our melee's are too good :P so i'm like 4th-5th in bosses besides on deathwhisper that i'm first. At Saurfang as much dps as i do i have a rogue and a feral drood always above me with 11k single target dps -.- so i end up 3d our melee are too good to outdps :P

Cheers
    Zoulis
    please dont tell me you have a 0.7 GCD with no hero...?

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    please dont tell me you have a 0.7 GCD with no hero...?
    Considering the original person was talking about his VT/MB was at 0.9s during BL, that the amount of haste needed to get MB/VT/GCD down to 1s is 50%/1269 haste rating raid buffed, one would assume the amount of haste rating to get MB/VT down to 0.7s would be impossible to get.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deyus

Edit: I think one of the strangest things things to happen to raid comp since 3.3 is that we no longer have a destro lock! Our two are affliction and demo now..
    Because the recent Conflagrate change gimped Destro locks pretty hard, they made part of the conflagrate a DoT that has a chance to crit. ( Thanks PvP! )
    +
    Demo and Affliction both received very nice buffs, can't be bothered to list them all, but as a Demo Lock ( Soul fire spam ftw) í've been shooting 25k+ Soul Fires at Lady Deathwhisper today with both Metamorph and Molten Core proccing...well, you do the math

Well, look at Ghostcrawlers way of responding the past month. Really, I doubt we'll be nerfed, specially as the pure classes is granted to scale better with gear as usual.

It's all fun and games now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    100% better than it was, Still needs buffs in PVP tho, this being able to dispel my main source of damage is retarded. They need to make all the priest dots do damage = or greater than VT when dispelled, then I would be satisfied.
    Scrub, spriests are fine in pvp right now. You got an "UA" without the silence so it would probably hurt the team more trying to dispell all your dots than leaving them up

For my guild in ICC 25, The one Spriest we bring is usually 4th or 5th, behind the Hunters and Unholy DKs.

I think that raiding Shadow Priests are so high at the moment is because when we were underpowered, we had to fight like mad dogs and play to our fullest just to keep our raid spot.

Now that learning is finally paying off, and the pures who have been enjoying their lazy style of play are suddenly seeing them being surpassed by a hybrid.

Also, PVP is not fine by any means. Elitists will go on about how we should stfu because we don't know how to play, etc, but they're wrong. Blizzard has said time and time again that Shadow Priests need work in order for regular players to compete. Sure there is the occasional Shadow Priest that has an amazingly high rating, but those are far and few between.

When you play a Druid or a Death Knight, both of which are hybrids, you don't need to really put in much effort in order to be successful and feared in pvp.

Shadow Priests really have to fight like their life depends on it in order to be even a marginal threat in PVP. This needs to change.

Shadow Priests are all about wearing down their enemy over time. We don't burst them down, or at least not without hurting ourselves in the process. Because of this, I feel that Shadow Priests need more defensive capabilities on shorter cooldowns... not crowd control abilities... defensive abilities.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    I think that raiding Shadow Priests are so high at the moment is because when we were underpowered, we had to fight like mad dogs and play to our fullest just to keep our raid spot.

Now that learning is finally paying off, and the pures who have been enjoying their lazy style of play are suddenly seeing them being surpassed by a hybrid.
    Heard this one before. And I think it's a general thing with hybrid specs like Shadow and Moonkin.

Either the players are awesome (like us), or outright terrible. Because we have to push it to the limit in all aspects of our playstyle, I think we get a much better result out of it when we're not being pushed down by pure gear scale.

Some classes, like mages, can push high numbers, and still be doing terrible. Sure, a mage does 6k dps, but if he's meant to be doing 7k, he's worse than the priest who does 4k out of 4k possible

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis

Cheers
    Zoulis
    If your MB is that fast under BL then stop casting it under BL... without knowing exact details it sounds like you're on the limit where MF > MB... its a very real possiblity that we'll drop MB with 4pc T10, something that is a concern considering it's part of the replenishment proc.

Deleted

MB has about 20% more damage than MF per cast time, without the 4pc T9. That basicly means you wanna stop casting MB when your GCD goes under 0.83s, because 1/0.83 = 1.2 and you have reached MB damage with MF.

With 4pc T10 MF damage will multiply by 3/2.5 = 1.2, so it will be very similar to MB damage with GCD > 1s. Scaling with spell power is going determine which spell comes on top.
    If GCD is under 1s, MF becomes better. The 4pc T10 is quite op, and it might explain why they nerfed sw during ptr.

With MF being equal or better than MB, the skillcap is going to drop dramaticly. No more MB (if someone else is bringing replenish) and less/no cutting MF. In theory, cutting MF for VT and DP is always beneficial, since doing so costs you nothing (except mana effiency), but the benefit is going to be smaller. With a good ping you can queue spells spamming nochanneling macros and do very close to optimal damage.