Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: What changes would YOU make for Season 8?

Death Knights

-All: Diseases need a 70% resistance from dispels. Scourge strike hits for nothing with no diseases and blood can't get any heals from death strike with no diseases. DKs should not be overpowered against teams with no dispels and underpowered with dispels. Chains of ice needs to make the target immune to CoI for 12 seconds to compensate. Strangulate should have a 1 minute cooldown and last 4 seconds.
    -Blood: Needs better mobility. A flat out buff in speed from unholy presence is too boring of a fix. 50% less time on snares/stuns would be nice. Or, rune tap could remove all roots and stuns.

Druids
    No comment

Hunters
    -Overall: Lower the duration of deterrence by a small amount.

Mages

ALL: (very important)- Make 2 pvp sets, one with haste and one with crit.
    -Arcane: They are effected too much by school lockouts. With one lockout a mage losses blink, polymorph, slow and all offensive spells. Make mana shield absorb more for the same mana cost or increase mana shield scaling.
    -Fire: Make blazing speed an on use ability that increases speed by 65% and makes the mage imune to snares for 1 second. Remove RNG talents and replace them with combo-like talents. Make flamestrike omgwtfpwn and improve it's graphic.
    -Frost: Nothing.

Paladins
    -Holy: Nerf survivability against melee slightly and nerf mana regen slightly.
    -Retribution: Make them better in high end pvp somehow.
    -Protection: Make them do less damage than ret.

Priests
    No comment.

Rogues
    Make non mutilate specs better.

Shamans
    ALL: Make heroism shorter in pvp.
    -Enhancement: Nerf wolfs and buff non wolf.
    -Restoration: No change.

Warlocks
    -Affliction: Less damage.
    -Demonology: Needs a bunch of buffs.
    -Destro: Not sure.

Warriors
    -Arms: Make bladestorm do slightly less damage.
    -Fury: No idea
    -Prot: Change concussive blow. They have way to many stuns. I am fine with the mobility and the damage but the massive amounts of stuns is insane.

I like how people who think arena's should be taken out of the game actually come visist the "Arena" section of the forums. It's the only thing in this game that actually take's skill anymore, go PVE if you don't like arena but what is the point in coming here to say "remove it."
    On the other hand, thank God you people don't have the power to actually implement change in arena because 99% of your suggestion's are borderline retarded. Amusing thread though, thanks.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Love the crying about rogues.
    Just fyi, we're still underrepresented in every single bracket.
    http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...breakdown.html

Rogue at 2200+ rating (10% is the averange):
    2v2: 13%
    3v3: 11%
    5v5: 5%

The recent buffs helped a lot in 2v2 and 3v3. But it takes a bit of time to get up the poisons, and ya can still get blown up in a stun pretty easily. That's why ya are still weak in 5v5.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    shamans have their setups, they don't need buffs and druids (who aren't doing well) sure as hell don't need nerfs.
    Druids have resto + warrior, resto + afflic and feral + disc priest in 2v2. Shaman doesn't really have any strong setup in 2v2 atm (though, they don't really balance around 2v2 anymore)

In 3v3 druids have Resto + afflic lock + warrior, which is probably the strongest setup after RMP atm.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/team/3/all/all/all/all/

The top shaman setups usually use an enh shaman (beastcleave) or a ele shaman (wizardcleave). The only strong 3v3 with a resto shaman I can think of is Resto + frost mage + destro warlock. RLS isn't nearly as strong as it used to be. We barely ever face it anymore at ~2200-2300 MMR, and when we do, we usually smash it. Resto shaman is weaker than resto druid is.

shamans are common in 5v5, though, but they're pretty much all elemental. Resto druid is weak in 5v5, due to not being able to handle the fast target switches, because a lot of the damage they do come from HoTs. Resto shaman might be a bit stronger than resto druid here, but most people (including me) don't do any serious 5v5.

3v3 is what matters the most, really, and resto druid is stronger than resto shaman is there.

Druids are, as I said, weaker the more players you add, because of the way they heal. I personally wouldn't want to change that since it would make the healers more the same. But giving resto druid some way to lower the damage of their party member(s) for a short time (like a pain supression, maybe) could help them in the short 5v5 games. Maybe something that reduce damage taken by all party members. Since druids are weak at switching target and get fast heals on it, and a pain supression usually just makes the enemy team change target right away (unless it's at very, very low health).

Shaman on the other hand brings too much buffs, and has too little survivability (as resto). Making them strong in 5v5 (heroism/bloodlust for 5 people, usually lasting the entire game) compared to 2v2 (much longer games, making heroism/bloodlust last a smaller percentage of the game, and only 2 people geting the heroism/bloodlust). Personally I would like to see a change to heroism/bloodlust. Something like reducing the haste to 20% and the duration to 30 sec. But also remove the 10 min Exhuasted/Sated debuff (or reduce it to 2-3 minutes).

15+ Year Old Account

At first, think what you want about it, but this is the way I look at it from a Feral Druid perspective.
    Secondly, I make my changes on how to make arena a bit more balanced, not on which class I play and which classes I like or not.
    Thirdly, wall of text inc.

Death Knights:

All:
    - Put a 20 sec cooldown on CoI.
    - Overall damage could use a little buff I guess, but not to much. They're still on the edge of being OP.

Unholy:
    - Gargoyle damage should get nerfed by about 30%, but with a CD 2 mins and a longer duration 45 sec.

Druids:

All:
    - Make Innervate restore the same ammount of mana, but over 15 sec (up from 10).

Balance:
    - Put Treants on a 2 min CD (down from 3) and enable them to aoe-stun targets within 20 yard's for 3 sec with a 12 sec CD. (Meaning you can do it twice in the duration your Treants are active, and just 6 sec of stun in a total of 2 min time)

Feral:
    - Ferocious Bite damage reduced by 10%.
    - Rake's duration should be 12 sec, but the same damage over time as it did with 9 sec.
    - Make both Feral Charge Cat and Bear have the same shared 20 sec CD. (Not Bear=15, Cat=30 and still shared)

Restoration:
    - Reduce all healing done by HoT's by 5%.
    - Cooldown of Swiftmend increased to 30 sec (up from 15) but increases the ammount healed by up to 3 sec of Regrowth or Rejuvenation.

Hunters:

Beastmastery:
    - Nerf overall pet damage by 10%, buff overall Hunter damage by 5-7%.
    - Health given to pets trough the ''Endurance Training'' is now 20% (up from 10%).
    - Healing done by Mend Pet increased by 50%, and time between ticks is now affected by Haste.

Marksmanship:
    - Add a talent next to Barrage (So BM/Surv can't reach it) which reduces damage done to you while stunned by 10/20/30%.

Survival:
    - Wyvern Sting CD reduced to 45 sec (up from 1 minute) and Wyvern Sting's dot will automatically cancel when the target is affected by your Freezing Trap after the sleeping effect.
    - Scatter Shot range increased to 30 yards (up from 15). Duration increased to 10 sec (up from 4), but cooldown increased to 2 minutes (up from 30 sec). I did this because Hunters have alot of other CC on their mind already, so a longer CD wouldn't hurt. I also feel that Hunters have a pretty easy time escaping from Melee and CCing them nowadays. It's more like Rogue's Blind now.

Mage:

Arcane:
    - Add a talent near ''Arcane Potency'' which reduces damage taken while stunned by 10/20/30%. (So Fire/Frost can't reach it)
    - Increase the CD of Arcane Barrage to 5 sec (up from 3).

Fire:
    - Add a talent near ''Fire Power'' which reduces damage taken while stunned by 10/20/30%. (So Arcane/Frost can't reach it)
    - Living Bomb now slows the targets affected by it for 40% for it's full duration.

Frost:
    - Chance on a Frostbite proc is now 4/7/10% (down from 5/10/15%)
    - Shatter now increases the critical strike chance of all spells against frozen targets by 10/20/30% (down from 17/34/50%).
    - Hypothermia now also reduces your movement speed by 20% and chance on Shattered Barrier procs by 100% for 8 sec.

Paladin:

Holy:
    - No changes.

Protection: (Doh, here we go)
    - Reckoning gives you an 3/6/9/12/15% chance (down from 2/4/6/8/10) to generate an additional attack on your next 2 melee swings (down from 4)
    - Improved Hammer of Justice now reduces the CD on Hammer of Justice by 15/30 sec (up from 10/20 sec) but reduces it's duration by 2 sec and it no longer silences the target.
    - Damage dealt by Avenger's Shield reduced by 30%. Threat regenerated increased by 50%.
    - Touched by the Light now gives you 10/20/30% of your Strenght as Spellpower (up from 20/40/60%)
    - Threat regenerated by Holy Shield increased by 10%. Healing DONE while the shield is active is reduced by 15%.

Retribution:
    - Repentance now has a 30 sec CD (up from 1 minute) and now breaks after damage equal to 30% of your Attack Power. Duration reduced to 4 sec.
    - Repentance no longer breaks on damage done by damage over time done by the Paladin.

Priest:

Discipline:
    - Cooldown on Pain Supression is now 1 minute (down from 3) but now reduces all damage taken by 15% (up from 40%)

Holy:
    - Add a talent next to "Spiritual Healing" which reduces damage taken while stunned by 10/20/30% (So Disc/Shadow can't reach it.
    - "Blessed Resillience" no longer reduces the chance to be crit after you got crit by 60% but instead reduces all damage taken by 10% for 6 sec after getting crit.

Shadow:
    - Dispersion CD reduced to 1 minute (down from 2) but damage taken while using Dispersion is reduced by 70% (down from 90%).
    - Psychic Horror is now considered a "Horror" effect rather then a "Fear" effect and the duration of the Horror effect is now 8 sec (up from 3). Cooldown is now 1.5 min (down from 2)

Rogue:

Errr...I seriously don't know the difference between any of the speccs. I got to pass for this one since I find this class so boring that I haven't even ever looked into it.

Shaman:

Elemental:
    - Thunderstorm CD reduced to 20 sec (down from 45) but knocks the target back for 12 yards (down from 20)
    - Lavaburst now deals 70% of the normal damage, and the remaining 30% over 6 sec.

Enhancement:
    - Feral Spirit CD reduced to 2 min (down from 3), healing done by the Wolves is now 75% of damage done (down from 150) and stun duration increased to 3 sec (down from 2)
    - Frostshock now always roots the target when used with the "Frozen Power" talent.

Restoration:
    - Mana Tide Totem CD reduced to 3 min (down from 5).
    - Instant healing done by Riptide increased by 15%, CD increased to 8 sec (down from 6).

Warlock:

Affliction:
    - Overall damage done by dots reduced by 5%.
    - Healing done by Haunt reduced by 30%.

Demonology:
    - Metamorphosis now makes you immume to all Fear effects.
    - Felguard no longer costs a Soul Shard to summon, has no mana cost, uses a basic 2.5 sec cast time and has a 1.5 minute CD.
    - Damage done by your Felguard increased by 10%.
    - Damage done by damage over time effects do to you and done by you increased by 10%. (Can be put anywhere in the Deep Demo talents)
    - Casting time on Shadowbolt reduced by 0.5 sec. (Can be put anywhere in the Deep Demo talents)

Destruction:
    - CD on Shadowfury is now 40 sec (up from 20), damage done reduced by 50% but duration increased to 5 sec (up from 3)
    - Overall damage done reduced by 5%.
    - Conflagrate is now on a SHARED 8 sec cooldown with Chaos Bolt. (Conflagrate = 12 sec CD, Chaos Bolt = 10 sec CD.

Warrior:

Arms:
    - Damage dealt by Bladestorm reduced by 10%, Bladestorm now slows targets by 30%.
    - Unrelenting Assault no longer reduces healing done by an additional 25% but instead reduces the armor of the target by 10% for 10 sec.

Fury:
    - Increases your movement speed by 30% while Rampage is active.

Protection:
    - Overall damage reduced by 10%.
    - CD on Concussion Blow increased to 1 minute (down from 30 sec)
    - CD on Shockwave increased to 45 sec (down from 20 sec).

Sorry for filling half of this page. :

Once again, another poster who knows nothing about classes posts his super kewl and awesome ideas.

10+ Year Old Account

General

- Pet abilites such as Spell lock, Gnaw, Devour Magic can no longer be put on autocast
    - Pets once again take 70% reduced AOE damage in PvP
    - Stamina on caster PvP gear increased by ~ 10%

Arenas

- Ring of Valor arena disabled for the season due design failure
    - Waterfall removed from Dalaran arena
    - Back to the old rating system, Personal + Team rating. No hidden ratings / MMR.

Warrior (arms)

- 50% Healing & Damage reduction removed from UA
    - Charge can no longer be used in combat
    - Retalition can only proc once per second
    - Warriors can now be disarmed while bladestorming
    - Berserker rage can once again only be used in Berserker stance

Warrior (prot)

- Gag order silence removed
    - Revenge stun removed
    - Spell reflect for whole party removed
    - Shield slam no longer dispels

Warlock

- Voidwalker pet now has new ability, (you name it) disarming the target for 10 seconds. 30sec CD
    - Dispelling Unstable Affliction no longer silences the target but Burns mana 50% of the damage caused
    - Damage when UA is dispelled increased by ~ 15%

Paladin (retribution)

- Judgements now return mana when the damage is absorbed
    - Crusader Strike now applies Seal of Vengeance stack
    - Divine Purpose no longer reduces chance you'll be hit
    - Judgements of the Wise now causes your judgement of wisdom to increase the mana cost of casters spells by 25%

Mage

- Mana cost of Spell Steal increased by 100%
    - Damage absorbed by Ice Barrier reduced by 30% but it's now undispellable
    - Shatter Crit 30% (down from 50%)
    - Fingers of Frost no longer let you use Deep freeze o non-frozen targets

Rogue

- Wound poison proc rate 25% (down from 50%)
    - Dispel resistance removed from Deadly poison
    - Dismantle can now be Blocked
    - Envenom damage reduced ~ 15%

Druid (feral)

- Predatory Strikes now lets you cast Cyclone in Cat- & Bearforms. Instant cyclones removed

Death Knight

- Icebound fortitude can only be used in Frost presence

hai warlock
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

Quote Originally Posted by RainedUpon
    Get rid of arena completly.
    Hey Mr Troll..

Anyway, If you dont like arena, Dont play it. easy.

Druids are, as I said, weaker the more players you add, because of the way they heal. I personally wouldn't want to change that since it would make the healers more the same. But giving resto druid some way to lower the damage of their party member(s) for a short time (like a pain supression, maybe) could help them in the short 5v5 games. Maybe something that reduce damage taken by all party members. Since druids are weak at switching target and get fast heals on it, and a pain supression usually just makes the enemy team change target right away (unless it's at very, very low health).
    How about something like BoS? Transfer 50%(?) of damage dealt to the target for X amount of time.. Hmm maybe I should add this to my ideas list..

EDIT: Transfer 50%(?) of damage dealt to the target to the druid for X amount of time..

Quote Originally Posted by Herocules
    Replace arena with the Karazhan Chess encounter, clearly thats a more civilized way to find out who has more skills.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol
    General

- Pet abilites such as Spell lock, Gnaw, Devour Magic can no longer be put on autocast
    - Pets once again take 70% reduced AOE damage in PvP
    - Stamina on caster PvP gear increased by ~ 10%

Arenas

- Ring of Valor arena disabled for the season due design failure
    - Waterfall removed from Dalaran arena
    - Back to the old rating system, Personal + Team rating. No hidden ratings / MMR.

Warrior (arms)

- 50% Healing & Damage reduction removed from UA
    - Charge can no longer be used in combat
    - Retalition can only proc once per second
    - Warriors can now be disarmed while bladestorming
    - Berserker rage can once again only be used in Berserker stance

Warrior (prot)

- Gag order silence removed
    - Revenge stun removed
    - Spell reflect for whole party removed
    - Shield slam no longer dispels

Warlock

- Voidwalker pet now has new ability, (you name it) disarming the target for 10 seconds. 30sec CD
    - Dispelling Unstable Affliction no longer silences the target but Burns mana 50% of the damage caused
    - Damage when UA is dispelled increased by ~ 15%

Paladin (retribution)

- Judgements now return mana when the damage is absorbed
    - Crusader Strike now applies Seal of Vengeance stack
    - Divine Purpose no longer reduces chance you'll be hit
    - Judgements of the Wise now causes your judgement of wisdom to increase the mana cost of casters spells by 25%

Mage

- Mana cost of Spell Steal increased by 100%
    - Damage absorbed by Ice Barrier reduced by 30% but it's now undispellable
    - Shatter Crit 30% (down from 50%)
    - Fingers of Frost no longer let you use Deep freeze o non-frozen targets

Rogue

- Wound poison proc rate 25% (down from 50%)
    - Dispel resistance removed from Deadly poison
    - Dismantle can now be Blocked
    - Envenom damage reduced ~ 15%

Druid (feral)

- Predatory Strikes now lets you cast Cyclone in Cat- & Bearforms. Instant cyclones removed

Death Knight

- Icebound fortitude can only be used in Frost presence
    Just no

Discipline:
    - Cooldown on Pain Supression is now 1 minute (down from 3) but now reduces all damage taken by 15% (up from 40%)

Holy:
    - Add a talent next to "Spiritual Healing" which reduces damage taken while stunned by 10/20/30% (So Disc/Shadow can't reach it.
    - "Blessed Resillience" no longer reduces the chance to be crit after you got crit by 60% but instead reduces all damage taken by 10% for 6 sec after getting crit.

Shadow:
    - Dispersion CD reduced to 1 minute (down from 2) but damage taken while using Dispersion is reduced by 70% (down from 90%).
    - Psychic Horror is now considered a "Horror" effect rather then a "Fear" effect and the duration of the Horror effect is now 8 sec (up from 3). Cooldown is now 1.5 min (down from 2)
    However much I would love those shadow priest changes, that would just be retardedly overpowered. You would have to remove or drastically nerf the glyph of disperion otherwise it would have a 15 second cooldown. And Psychic Horror IS considered a horror effect currently, and moving it up to 8 seconds would be incredibely powerful, as horror effects are not broken from damage, it would essentially be an 8 second stun. Though I would totally be up for the cooldown reduction!

Retribution:
    - Repentance now has a 30 sec CD (up from 1 minute) and now breaks after damage equal to 30% of your Attack Power. Duration reduced to 4 sec.
    - Repentance no longer breaks on damage done by damage over time done by the Paladin.
    This change would be dumb, basically would make ret pallies that had rogue like lockdown witout ever having to stealth or build up combo points.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffmeister
    Remove all MS effects from classes, and implement 50% MS as a passive aura in all Arenas.
    Wizardcleave with MS ?............. You sir fail.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Once again, another poster who knows nothing about classes posts his super kewl and awesome ideas.
    Maybe you should learn to read. It's how I look at classes from a Feral Druid PvP perspective. Ofcourse you don't like it if Warriors would get buffed if you're a Warlock, or Mages getting buffed if you're a Warrior.

If you would make such a list as I did from your view, ofcourse people would think that you don't know nothing at all about classes. In fact, I'm 100% sure that if you would make a list yourself ( or maybe you already did, cba to search) I wouldn't agree with the biggest part of it.

It's called an opinion. O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    i love you :3
    Well, if there's something that Retribution Paladin's need, it's something like this and at the moment I will have to agree that Repentance is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    However much I would love those shadow priest changes, that would just be retardedly overpowered. You would have to remove or drastically nerf the glyph of disperion otherwise it would have a 15 second cooldown. And Psychic Horror IS considered a horror effect currently, and moving it up to 8 seconds would be incredibely powerful, as horror effects are not broken from damage, it would essentially be an 8 second stun. Though I would totally be up for the cooldown reduction!
    Obviously, Glyph of Dispersion would be removed (or changed drastically). And a 6 sec duration of taking 70% less damage (while you can't do anything), once each minute wouldn't be THAT insanely overpowered aslong as they wouldn't bring in any more survivability buffs to Shadow Priests. Basicly Dispersion would just be a shorter cooldown Iceblock, in which you still take 30% damage but takes less long aswell. A side effect could be added like "Hypothermia" with Iceblock.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    This change would be dumb, basically would make ret pallies that had rogue like lockdown witout ever having to stealth or build up combo points.
    Why is that? A 4 second breakable stun with a 30 sec cooldown isn't that huge. Basicly it's a short Blind to be used on a target which you do NOT nuke. When used on a target YOU DO nuke it will basicly break after your first hit since it only takes a small ammount of damage. Repentance will never last the full 4 sec if you're going on nuking that same target. The damage it can take (30% of your AP) is just there so it won't break on damage over time that fast.

This way it could be used either as a short blind, or a quick interrupt. And to be honest, this is what Retribution Paladins need.

SK-100 Rogues:

5v5: 36% (50% is average)
    3v3: 26% (30% is average)
    2v2: 17% (20% is average)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    Ok
    they dont got yr point about the word plebei.i play resto shaman and it need a buff against healing reduction debuff