Prot: what libram are you using?

For serious raiding (ie not onyxia) I've been using Libram of Defiance but my avoidances are pretty good, even with Chill - armory below. In light of this, I started using Libram of Valiance for threat, because when tanking multiple mobs it has an almost constant uptime. Any thoughts on using this for progression raiding? I'm always looking to up my TPS.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...usher&n=Malign

Re: Prot: what libram are you using?

I'm atm raiding with the Libram of Defiance, And must say I love it. That str libram would I keep my eyes off as prot if I were you, and pick up one with shield block value, such as the Libram of the Sacred Shield for the higher Shield of Righteousness hits and more damage mitigrated, just my opinion though..

im an icc 25 man raiding prot pally with 45k ub hp and i use Libram of Defiance.
    the 25 triumph badge one with :
    Binds when picked upRelic Libram
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 245
    Equip: Each time you use your Hammer of The Righteous ability, you have a chance to gain 200 dodge rating for 18 sec.

it is good and will need it in icc if ya wanna stay above 1% dodge due to Chill of the Throne/Grave
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Naft
    I'm atm raiding with the Libram of Defiance, And must say I love it. That str libram would I keep my eyes off as prot if I were you, and pick up one with shield block value, such as the Libram of the Sacred Shield for the higher Shield of Righteousness hits and more damage mitigrated, just my opinion though..
    I have all 3. I just get bored sometimes. My base avoidance is 26% something - with Defiance proc, 29% something. I figure if the 3% isn't gamebreaking, 200 strength would be good for just about everything in the 9696 rotation as it would either increase SP, AP or block value as well as modifying SoCor's damage.

Just a thought I've been playing with. And using in lolheroics.

dodge libram for progression, strenght one is better than then block value libram for tps, block value one is for aoe situations

I was using Valiance all through ToC10/25 and ToGC10. Switched to Sacred Shield for ICC.

Armory link in sig.

also another question is it bad to have 597def even though i havnt gemmed it?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    540 def is not a cap, it just make you immune to be victim of a critical strike, above 540 defense still increase your block parry dodge and miss chance

btw 597 its really really high i have 604 def in full def gemmed gear for heroic anub o.o

On single trash pulls, SoV with the 200 str libram, on bosses, SoV with the 200 dodge libram, and on big trash pulls, Block Value libram with Seal of Command.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    oh damn i thought i was sitting pretty with 561 (i pretty much gem only stam unless the socket bonus is really nice)