Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Twinks existence

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    no, they got that name because of how fail they are and how much everyone hated them.

twinks are people who fail horribly @ max lvl pvp, so to make up for it, they over gear low lvls and kill people who are barely trying and just taking a break from lvling then say things like "lol i pwned that noob im awsome" to hide the fact they are dying inside knowning they can never do it @ a higher lvl =]
    makes sense. I stayed at 59 for a long time way back in the day, but that was a different story. I never really did any, uh.. low level pvp with fancy gear, but I remember beating on poor suckers at 59, back when there was no pvp trinket and a rouge could sap you and cap the flag than re-stealth (because if you didn't spec into imp. sap you broke stealth when you sapped things)
    Strap on your shields and raise your banners, Hear the call of raging battle
    Beneath a hail of burning arrows
    Push ever forward, never surrender
    Siege weapons tolling out like thunder, Ripping the city walls asunder
    Columns of flame reach ever skyward
    Horizons filled with burning pyres

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    no, they got that name because of how fail they are and how much everyone hated them.

twinks are people who fail horribly @ max lvl pvp, so to make up for it, they over gear low lvls and kill people who are barely trying and just taking a break from lvling then say things like "lol i pwned that noob im awsome" to hide the fact they are dying inside knowning they can never do it @ a higher lvl =]
    3.2 patchnotes

Battlegrounds
    Battleground experience has arrived!
    Players will now be awarded experience for completing objectives and actions that yield honor in Battlegrounds (honorable kills not included).
    Players who do not wish to gain experience through PvP can visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar - both located near the Battlemasters in either city - and turn off all experience accumulation for the cost of 10 .
    Disabling experience gains will prevent a player from gaining experience through any means available in the game.
    Players with experience gains turned off who compete in Battlegrounds will face off only against other players with experience gains turned off.

So what's your point?

twinks are still around they just level up to new brackets
    just a few screen shots of me and my bro on our twink mages(he is full SP, im full int so he gets a few more kills)
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...009_041155.jpg
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...410_031705.jpg
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...109_052817.jpg
    the last is a pic when im on defence and my bro is in mid destroying alliance and yes we can die when we dont have each other to cover when one goes oom

Deleted

Twinks ruined my first time BG experience. And besides, they tend to be rude ten year-olds who run up to your alts and brag about there awesome levelling blues, and often get abusive about it.

I have no love for them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Pond
    So what's your point?
    What's yours? Quoting patch notes that are totally irrelevant to the argument, that pvp-twinks before this patch were mostly losers who liked ganking lowbies (and nothing else), is making a point?

Blah blah blah... ramble ramble... point is - yea its gone, superb to drink tears of the tools that twink, but... to be 1% reasonable... shame for those who really did do it for the balance, I cant see it being many people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon
    What's yours? Quoting patch notes that are totally irrelevant to the argument, that pvp-twinks before this patch were mostly losers who liked ganking lowbies (and nothing else), is making a point?
    The question asked in the original post is if there are still any twinking going on, not what twinks used to be like. The guy I quoted said what he thought twinks are like, not he thought "we" was like. That being said, a lot of "twinks" (mostly rogues and hunters) used to be that kind of players but I've noticed that the good geared guys I always beat with ease disappeared after 3.2 went live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli
    Twinks ruined my first time BG experience. And besides, they tend to be rude ten year-olds who run up to your alts and brag about there awesome levelling blues, and often get abusive about it.

I have no love for them.
    You could say that about lvl 80s with epics as well. Why, I've met a lot more bragging kids with badge epix than I've met twinks bragging about their gear. I do usually have quite decent gear on my alts though. Remember that this game is for all non-twinks about getting better gear, so you shouldn't get angry at people for having better gear than you. If someone with high arena rating and gear fitting for that rating would enter the 80 BGs, would you then claim that they're ruining your BG experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Abb

People twink because its fun. Do you know how fun it is to feel unstoppable in a BG, no matter the level? How fun it is to have 3 guys come at you 6 times in a row while you are GY camping before they can finally kill you?

I feel more or less unstoppable in BGs on my 80 rogue provided that I don't play like an idiot. Maybe that's the difference?