Heroic Icecrown Citadel 25 - Question

I've been wondering about how the 277 Tier 10 sets are going to work.. I'm not sure if this has been explained elsewhere, but I couldn't find any clarification. Obviously the Heroic versions aren't live yet, and won't be until Arthas is dead on normal. (Which won't be for months..)

Anyways, to the question..

Since the tokens are all non-slot specific, as of now, one could theoretically farm all of 264 T10 just from Saurfang kills. In ToC, it was the same way with trophies, a person could acquire full 245 T9 from just beast kills, but in ToGC, the upgraded tier set tokens were tribute chest only.

SO, in ICC.. will say Heroic Saurfang drop the non-slot specific Heroic 277 Tier 10 tokens? Thus making full 5/5 Heroic T10 available to farm from just mastering Saurfang hard? Or will Heroic bosses drop the regular 264 tokens (Kinda how ToGC bosses still drop the 245 trophies..) leaving the option of possibly an extra chest off Arthas that contain multiple 277 tokens based on how many attempts are remaining? (EDIT: Remembered a post where they were saying that there wasn't going to be any additional rewards for attempts remaining.. but as far as I know they haven't mentioned how the 277 tokens would drop so yeah..)

Anybody know anything I don't, or just have any thoughts/speculations?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&cn=Sephkka

Re: Heroic Icecrown Citadel 25 - Question

I don't know anything about this in pure facts.. I see myself as a "casual"
    I do know though, that only one person may get the token drop (really, isn't that correct in ICC aswell?).. And if an entire raid has to gear up depending on one boss, which I assume drops one token, one time each week, then I know for sure its going to take a loooong time before we going to see people who has the best set only based upon Saurfang kills!

Armory awnsers that question. Heroic tokens drop from the heroic mode endbosses of each wing, but the normal tokens will also drop from heroic endbosses of each wing.

EDIT: 10man heroic endbosses of each wing also drop normal tokens.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=52029

http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=52026
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

from my understanding heroic mode for ICC is where blizz will basically get to say "you assholes want hard bosses, you get hard bosses" like needing 3 tanks for deathbringer, double the adds, his energy going up twice as fast, and mark doing double the dmg it does on normal. basically yogg+0 for every wing boss and something even harder for heroic arthas.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi
    I do know though, that only one person may get the token drop (really, isn't that correct in ICC aswell?).. And if an entire raid has to gear up depending on one boss, which I assume drops one token, one time each week, then I know for sure its going to take a loooong time before we going to see people who has the best set only based upon Saurfang kills!
    right now Saurfang drops two tokens, so yeah it would take a while longer than if all the hard mode bosses were on farm, but yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by Zagga
    Armory awnsers that question. Heroic tokens drop from the heroic mode endbosses of each wing, but the normal tokens will also drop from heroic endbosses of each wing.
    Okay, so confirmation that as of now, they plan on having the 277 tokens drop off Saurfang, Putricide, Lana-thel, Sindragosa, and presumably Arthas.

But I'm confused about them also saying that the 264 tokens drop off Heroic Modes... so, in my mind this is one of two things.

1. Heroic mode endbosses will drop 1 or 2 of each the Heroic and Normal versions of the token.

or..

2. Heroic mode drops data as of now are just place holders as that stuff is still technically PTR...

If the normal token wasn't stated to drop off the heroic bosses it would be more hands down that the heroic mode bosses would just drop the heroic tokens, but the fact that it shows both makes me think that number 2 is still a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin
    from my understanding heroic mode for ICC is where blizz will basically get to say "you assholes want hard bosses, you get hard bosses" like needing 3 tanks for deathbringer, double the adds, his energy going up twice as fast, and mark doing double the dmg it does on normal. basically yogg+0 for every wing boss and something even harder for heroic arthas.
    I really hope this is the case.. but even still, my concern is that, well they said Putricide/Lana-thel/Sindragosa are going to be the harder bosses even on Normal mode (They are a part of the remaining attempts, and also are required to be killed in Heroic mode to unlock Arthas Heroic mode EACH lockout..)

Right now, Saurfang is fucking cake. He's basically a tank-n-spank with a little kiting, and a few extra targets to heal. I know that ICC hard mode will be hard, but I presume that like.. if say Arthas hard is Yogg+0, like.. Putricide/Lana-thel/Sindragosa would be Algalon.. Saurfang would be more like 3XKnock or Firefighter, obviously scaled up in difficulty due to ICC, but I mean just in realtivity to Arthas hardmode.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&cn=Sephkka

Quote Originally Posted by Sephkka

Right now, Saurfang is fucking cake. He's basically a tank-n-spank with a little kiting, and a few extra targets to heal. I know that ICC hard mode will be hard, but I presume that like.. if say Arthas hard is Yogg+0, like.. Putricide/Lana-thel/Sindragosa would be Algalon.. Saurfang would be more like 3XKnock or Firefighter, obviously scaled up in difficulty due to ICC, but I mean just in realtivity to Arthas hardmode.
    Most likely the case. I'm guessing that some guilds will decide to skip Saurfang hard if it is harder than the first 3, then go for the non attempt bosses in each wing before trying Saurfang/other end bosses. Seems like fun to me. Having to manage what hardmodes your guild attempts each week is a new and different side of raiding that might prove to be a problem for some guilds.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.