Powershift Macro

I've just seen a lot of druids lately shifting in and out of form (bears getting rage, out of snares, etc) but nobody seems to use a macro for it. So thought I would share the one I've been using...

/cast [stance:1]!Dire Bear Form;[stance:2]!Aquatic Form;[stance:3]!Cat Form;[stance:5]!Tree of Life; [nostance, flyable, nocombat, noswimming][stance:5?6] !swift Flight Form; [nostance, swimming] Aquatic Form;[outdoors]!Travel form

When you use it there will be a little puff of smoke and you will have gone from your form to caster form, and back to the original form.

I think I originally got it from wowwiki then edited it a little for myself. Note: it doesn't have a code for moonkin since i am never balance.

Re: Powershift Macro

Completely off topic but I also have a random mount macro that I love...

/cancelform
    /run if IsMounted()then Dismount()else t="MOUNT" if IsAltKeyDown()then i=random(GetNumCompanions(t))else i=select(random(1,10),1,2,3,5,7,8,11,12,14,15)end c,n=GetCompanionInfo(t, i)CallCompanion(t, i)end

The "random(1,10)" is the total number of mounts you are going to add (so 10 for me) and "1,2,3,5,7,8,11,12,14,15" is the position they appear on your mount tab in the UI. I use this macro only for ground mounts since I always use flight form for flying around.

Quote Originally Posted by fooser
    /cast [stance:1]!Dire Bear Form;[stance:2]!Aquatic Form;[stance:3]!Cat Form;[stance:5]!Tree of Life; [nostance, flyable, nocombat, noswimming][stance:5?6] !swift Flight Form; [nostance, swimming] Aquatic Form;[outdoors]!Travel form
    Flight Form shouldn't be in there, in my opinion. If you've been rooted in that form you'll be in combat anyway and thus won't be able to reshift or you might go splat.

Also, I dunno about that Travel Form condition. If you're currently in Cat form *and* outside, what will it do?

Oh, and I assume you need /cancelform as your first macro line, right?

I use a mapped /cancelform macro to F1. F2 is Bear, F3 Cat and F4 is an adaptive macro for Flight, Travel and Aquatic but I'm at work so I can't really copy/paste it right now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    Also, I dunno about that Travel Form condition. If you're currently in Cat form *and* outside, what will it do?

Oh, and I assume you need /cancelform as your first macro line, right?
    I think it's actually (at least very close to) the macro I use, conveniently bound to mousewheel click. You don't need a /cancelform because of the ! -- re-casts the form instead of canceling it. If you're in cat form and outside, it'll put you in cat form again; it should just take the first relevant condition, so travel form acts as a catch-all.

You don't need a /cancelform because of the ! -- re-casts the form instead of canceling it.
    Aah. From memory I thought the ! meant you won't get out of that form by mistake if you're spamming the macro, as in, it casts once and locks you in that form til you forcefully shift out.

Anyhow, this is the macro I use as my adaptive travel shifting.

#showtooltip
    /cast [nostance:5, flyable, outdoors, nocombat, noswimming] Swift Flight Form
    /cast [nostance:4/5, outdoors, noswimming] Travel Form
    /cast [nostance:2, swimming] Aquatic Form
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Spammable and won't shift you out by mistake once you're in the appropriate form. If you're in Travel form and jump in water, pushing it again will switch to Aquatic. Last line is just to avoid any stupid error message. Like I said in my previous post I bound F4 to this and use F1 to /dismount, /cancelform.

15+ Year Old Account

Aah. From memory I thought the ! meant you won't get out of that form by mistake if you're spamming the macro, as in, it casts once and locks you in that form til you forcefully shift out.
    Yeah. The main bonus over /cancelform is that it does it in one step and it can't leave you stranded in caster form if you have no mana -- it just stops the cast and keeps you in your current form.

The issue I have with powershifting macros is that somehow in PvP I'll end up in caster form instead of staying in form due to a well timed stun.

Quote Originally Posted by mielikinna
    The issue I have with powershifting macros is that somehow in PvP I'll end up in caster form instead of staying in form due to a well timed stun.
    Theoretically, if you're using your macro correctly, that should only happen once in a blue moon.

I'm not quite sure about the exact behavior of a "/cast !Dire Bear Form" (with the exclamation point) macro, but it should only shift you out if you're able to shift right back in, and you can only shift right back in if the GCD is ready. This means that no amount of "skillz" could suffice to CC you mid-shift and only pure luck coupled with lag might make it happen.

Like I said earlier, I'm using different keys to shift out and back in. Pressing the shift keys more than once does not take me out of form, either, so I press F1 and F2/F3/F4 in quick succession and the only time I get stuck in caster for longer than I'd like is when I'm dumb and trigger my GCD prior to shifting out.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mielikinna
    Theoretically, if you're using your macro correctly, that should only happen once in a blue moon.

I'm not quite sure about the exact behavior of a "/cast !Dire Bear Form" (with the exclamation point) macro, but it should only shift you out if you're able to shift right back in, and you can only shift right back in if the GCD is ready. This means that no amount of "skillz" could suffice to CC you mid-shift and only pure luck coupled with lag might make it happen.
    The point of the ! is that it doesn't shift you out at all. It casts the spell, but you're in bear form the entire time; there is no mid-shift. It's perfectly safe.

Remember the change that allowed us for the first time to shift from one form to another directly, without going into caster form? This is exactly the same thing, except both start and end forms are the same.