Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wich Ret T10 PC to choose first ?

So , i am ret 4PC T9 triumph with the Gendarme's cuirass as the chest piece , and i don't know yet if breaking 4PC really worth it for a T10 PC. Or should i wait to get 2PC T10 and wear 2PC T9/2PC T10?

Id like some ppls opinion kkty

Re: Wich Ret T10 PC to choose first ?

The T9 4pc. bonus is incredibly weak. I believe the ElitistJerks retribution thread listed it as only a 1-2% DPS increase. Do some number crunching, does upgrading a piece of T9 to a piece of T10 increase your DPS by 1-2% or more?

If yes, make the switch. Bear in mind there's also the prestige of walking around wearing some tier-10 as soon as possible, when it still might be new and will cause people to inspect you. Not everyone cares about that sort of thing, but for some people, it's nice.

Go for hands and shoulders.

I just bought shoulders. Not sure what I'll get second.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

im getting my ilvl 264 shoulders =)
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Quote Originally Posted by Athael
    The T9 4pc. bonus is incredibly weak. I believe the ElitistJerks retribution thread listed it as only a 1-2% DPS increase. Do some number crunching, does upgrading a piece of T9 to a piece of T10 increase your DPS by 1-2% or more?

If yes, make the switch. Bear in mind there's also the prestige of walking around wearing some tier-10 as soon as possible, when it still might be new and will cause people to inspect you. Not everyone cares about that sort of thing, but for some people, it's nice.
    Its 2% more. And you consider that weak? 2pc T9 was a 3% dps increase and that was one of the best set bonus' weve ever had. And 4pc tier 9 was utter crap.

10% damage to judgment and seals is a pretty big set bonus. Coupled with the projected bonus of the 2 set, 4pc t10 should have an overall 5% dps increase which is huge. And if you haven't noticed, 5pc t10 is BiS plate only for normal only gear. So in short, get shoulders and gloves to get your 2pc then proceed to buy the rest based on your current gear.

Click to see my Armory

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by meag333
    Its 2% more. And you consider that weak? 2pc T9 was a 3% dps increase and that was one of the best set bonus' weve ever had. And 4pc tier 9 was utter crap.

10% damage to judgment and seals is a pretty big set bonus. Coupled with the projected bonus of the 2 set, 4pc t10 should have an overall 5% dps increase which is huge. And if you haven't noticed, 5pc t10 is BiS plate only for normal only gear. So in short, get shoulders and gloves to get your 2pc then proceed to buy the rest based on your current gear.
    Its more than that, mate.

Took shoulders, as it was the highest DPS increase out of shoulder/gloves for me.

Quote Originally Posted by meag333

on a general fight it is probably more like a 5-10% depending on crit and up to 20% on a gimmick fight like twins.
    Pondering returning.

I will probably do gloves and chest first but I will probably not wear them tell I can get my hands on the token for the 264. It just isn't that good sitting at 251 item level. And will replace T10 2pc for the T9 4pc. After that will do helm and legs. By that time I should have <a href="http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49987/c...>Cultist&#39;s Bloodsoaked Spaulders</a> to fill in my shoulder slot. Those two sockets are amazing. According to Rawr both versions have two sockets mmo's is outdated I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    on a general fight it is probably more like a 5-10% depending on crit and up to 20% on a gimmick fight like twins.
    Considering, that RV does a total of ~15-20%, there's no way this could be true. More like ~3-5% on a regular fight and up to 10% against twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Athael
    1-2% more damage for a Set bonus is still decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    1-2% more damage for a Set bonus is still decent.
    That is true, however I believe the original person miss-quoted from EJ, I've just been and had a look and they list it as a 0.5% upgrade, this is considered weak as blizzard normally shoot for a 1-2% upgrade which is why the T9 2 piece was such an anomaly at 3-4%
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

Quote Originally Posted by Saampson
    I will probably do gloves and chest first but I will probably not wear them tell I can get my hands on the token for the 264. It just isn't that good sitting at 251 item level. And will replace T10 2pc for the T9 4pc. After that will do helm and legs. By that time I should have <a href="http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49987/c...>Cultist&#39;s Bloodsoaked Spaulders</a> to fill in my shoulder slot. Those two sockets are amazing. According to Rawr both versions have two sockets mmo's is outdated I believe.

2 pc is amazing. 4pc 10 is not. Even if you have 258 4pc it would be an upgrade to go double 2pc.
    Pondering returning.

2 pc is amazing. 4pc 10 is not. Even if you have 258 4pc it would be an upgrade to go double 2pc.
    I do agree with you but I think 4pc T9 deserves more credit than people give it. When I switched to it I noticed the difference. 85-87% crit with judgments is almost to high to pass up. And the 4pc I think made rng start working in my favor a lot more often then not.

I do agree with you but I think 4pc T9 deserves more credit than people give it. When I switched to it I noticed the difference. 85-87% crit with judgments is almost to high to pass up. And the 4pc I think made rng start working in my favor a lot more often then not.
    Ill trade 2% crit on all attacks for 5 on 1 everytime.
    Pondering returning.

15+ Year Old Account

i think you put too much faith in 4p crit. an extra attack is way more dmg then some extra crit.

get the new t10 and lose the t9 4p

I am going for the head piece first, and with the mark I am upgrading it to 264 right away. My second piece will be the Shoulders then legs/gloves and finally the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    i think you put too much faith in 4p crit. an extra attack is way more dmg then some extra crit.

get the new t10 and lose the t9 4p
    Don't get me wrong I really like the t10 2pc all I was saying was that I will probably replace the 2 pieces with 264 tier. I also don't understand why some people avoided the 4pc T9 like the plague.

Also none of us even have enough badges to get the 2pc t10 anyways. Me getting two tokens in the next three weeks isn't out of the question.

Ill trade 2% crit on all attacks for 5 on 1 everytime.
    But this isn't the option. I would as well.

Yeah it generaly is. You are trading tier for leather. Thus you gain toms of crit.
    Pondering returning.

Shoulders, the T9 alliance once is just so ugly ;z