Thread: Tanking glyphs

Tanking glyphs

Might be a standard best set to use, or it might be that every tank uses something different but I'm having trouble figuring out which to use.

Help?

Re: Tanking glyphs

Quote Originally Posted by Pyke
    Might be a standard best set to use, or it might be that every tank uses something different but I'm having trouble figuring out which to use.

Help?

EDIT * didnt notice it was in warrior section *

err dunno myself using Devastate, Blocking and as im not 80 yet, empty :P
    If you're reading this. Hello

Right now I'm using Cleave and Sunder armor. Not sure if I should use devastate, blocking, or something else as the 3rd

Blocking is the most important glyph. The other two are up to your own discretion, i personally use Shield wall as well as cleaving; saying this Sunder and Devestate are also good.

glyph of blocking is something you really need, I use Devistate, blocking and vigilance (for that little extra threat ) Shieldwall glyph i do not really like because of the reduced effect of shieldwall

If you have threat issues:

Vigilance and Devastate

If you want survival:

Shield Wall and Last Stand

If you're talking Heroics:

Cleave and Shockwave

Blocking should be part of all of those.

How does the devastate glyph increase threat anymore than a regular devastate hit? I was under the impression that while it applied 2stacks of sunder it only applied the threat from one.

How does the devastate glyph increase threat anymore than a regular devastate hit? I was under the impression that while it applied 2stacks of sunder it only applied the threat from one.
    It will allow you to build threat faster on your target.

See this forum post on Tankspot for ref:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/4...-check-me.html

It doesn't increase the damage of devestate, but devestate itself does more damage the more sunders are applied. Thus, stacking sunder faster meas devestate's damage increases to it's max faster, minimizing the number of small hits and ultimately, increasing your damage.

Running Heroics and OT in ICC with Devastate, Blocking, and Taunt (lol 122 hit rating). I switchout Devastate and Cleave for heroics.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I don't raid, so YMMV for that.

For heroics I use:

Blocking - Must
    Revenge - I have rage problems, seriously.
    Cleave - So many groups of mobs are in 3's in a heroic.

I also use for minors:
    Thunderclap - Eh, I can't tell a difference but I'd hate for someone to be 2 yards outside of my TC!
    Charge - When that stupid caster is pelting my healer and no DPS are silencing or death gripping him over and my heroic throw is on CD.
    Battle Shout - I use battle shout in all the heroics except the ICC 5 mans, lots of our attacks are AP based (not weapon damage), thus more threat. Plus since I do not raid, I am in iLvl 226/232/245, while many of the dps in my randoms is in 245+.

I run blocking, sunder and shield wall.

I think that in general with how fast you can tab cleave that the extra target on cleave can get superfluous and you can't always use cleave every CD, unlike devastate which is used almost every CD so I think the AoE threat is better.

sounds like I'm the only one using sunder. might not be necessary for multi target threat since i have cleave glyph. Maybe I'll try switching it out for devastate.

For pretty much all around tanking, Heroics, 25 man MT \ OT, 10 man MT the three glyphs I'm very very happy with are:

• Devastate
    • Cleave
    • Blocking

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Can someone explain to me why people would use sunder armor, let alone the glyph? You know you have devastate right? I have to be missing something because that literally makes zero sense.

im not sold on devastate increasing threat gain , i mean i get that it factually does i just have to wonder if your gain is bigger than the rogues/hunters/wars etc if its actually a threat gain in the end,

myself i have been using cleave, resonating power and shockwave, but rage has proved to be a bit of a non issue so ill prolly swap resonating back to blocking

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    Can someone explain to me why people would use sunder armor, let alone the glyph? You know you have devastate right? I have to be missing something because that literally makes zero sense.
    It works with Devastate. It doesn't mean you have to use Sunder Armor to get the effect, it means the actual armor sundering effecting will be applied to an additional target.

On my warrior (still 70) I use Blocking and Revenge. Will most likely get Devastate should I ever decide to level her to 80.

Block is a must, like it's been said 10,000 times. And the other 2 are mostly preference, and my preference are the 3 I mentioned above; Blocking, Revenge, and Devastate.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit