Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Holy - First Emblem of Frost Piece

So I'm looking for suggestions of my first Emblem of Frost piece. I was thinking to buy http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50468 as I have a really bad cloak at the moment. Or I was thinking to pick up http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50976 because none of the tier pieces are an upgrade at the moment, and I don't have a tier token. Though the gloves are pretty much the same from Lady Deathwhisper, so I could wait. I forgot to note, I currently have 60 emblems of frost to spend.

Suggestions?

My armory link is linked in my signature for reference.

~Obs
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Armory - <Dread>

Live Stream

Re: Holy - First Emblem of Frost Piece

imo I'd take Shoulders or head piece first since it looks like those will be BiS if you want to have 2 set or 4 set bonus as holy paladin. (they may not be an upgrade, but they will be an upgrade for you with token and set bonus)

I'm thinking of getting Head (b/c I already got 264 shoulder...) --> Chest/pants (undecided) --> Shoulder --> Glove/pants (undecided)

I'm still trying to figure out which would be better from getting chest as tier set or pants as tier set...

If my prediction is correct, the new boss in VoA will drop the glove/pants for us so I'm gonna try to wait for them to drop from the new boss =)

but then if you're not too worried about the set bonuses, then by all means get that cloak! THat thing looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by Obsideus
    So I'm looking for suggestions of my first Emblem of Frost piece. I was thinking to buy http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50468 as I have a really bad cloak at the moment. Or I was thinking to pick up http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50976 because none of the tier pieces are an upgrade at the moment, and I don't have a tier token. Though the gloves are pretty much the same from Lady Deathwhisper, so I could wait. I forgot to note, I currently have 60 emblems of frost to spend.

Suggestions?

My armory link is linked in my signature for reference.

~Obs
    I bought the back, because I was using a 232 onyxia one. I don't think its wise to buy the gloves, Deathwhisper are just as good. You can start working on your tiers, but i think the best you can do is replace your weakest pieces first.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    imo I'd take Shoulders or head piece first since it looks like those will be BiS if you want to have 2 set or 4 set bonus as holy paladin.

I'm thinking of getting Head (b/c I already got 264 shoulder...) --> Chest/pants (undecided) --> Shoulder --> Glove/pants (undecided)

If my prediction is correct, the new boss in VoA will drop the glove/pants for us so I'm gonna try to wait for them to drop from the new boss =)

but then if you're not too worried about the set bonuses, then by all means get that cloak! THat thing looks nice
    Thing is by the time I do get a tier token, I am pretty sure I'll have the badges for it if needed, seeing how I got 60 in 2 weeks basically (granted some were from the heroic quest line). The shoulders I have currently are a slight upgrade over the 251 piece because of the extra socket, so I suppose I could get those, but I'm looking more for an upgrade. (And I could just as easily get the shoulders from Lord Marrowgar).
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Armory - <Dread>

Live Stream

10+ Year Old Account

When nothing is really a big difference in stats you can always take what looks best! Simple!
    I'm going to go for the shoulders because I don't want to look the same like 95% of the other paladins, warriors and death knights!
    But if you really want a tip. Go for the cloak. You raid ICC so you might have more chance on a token.
    For the Emperor.

It really depends on current gear. Example: im forced to use the 245 T9 chest over frozen lake, because it hasnt dropped. thatll definitely be the 1st piece I replace. This may change though, if frozen lake drops. And that back piece is horribly itemized. I say you save up for whatll be the best upgrade w/ a token, and buy that.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    It really depends on current gear. Example: im forced to use the 245 T9 chest over frozen lake, because it hasnt dropped. thatll definitely be the 1st piece I replace. This may change though, if frozen lake drops. And that back piece is horribly itemized. I say you save up for whatll be the best upgrade w/ a token, and buy that.
    But we won't be able to get any better back until the Blood prince wing is up (Blood price 10-man and queen 25-man). So i really don't think it's a waste. It's better than anub 25-heroic back, only losing for insanity drops.

Personally I think you should look at what will lead to your BiS later down the road. So that really gives the option of Helm/Shoulders as they will likely be the only two ending up as your BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya
    Personally I think you should look at what will lead to your BiS later down the road. So that really gives the option of Helm/Shoulders as they will likely be the only two ending up as your BiS.
    ^This.

My Cloak is my weakest item right now and I chose Shoulders even though the Cloak would have technically been a bigger upgrade. The Badge Cloak is the very worst itemization for us. I will get the Helm next and then, if I haven't gotten one of the actually good Cloaks to drop, I will get the Cloak.

There is no need at all to buy anything outside of Set Helm and Shoulders unless you're struggling with bad drops. Going for your Tier first is especially helpful since it will get you a two piece bonus that, while oddly backwards, is actually half decent.

The Badge Gloves are meh and shouldn't really be a consideration at this point. If you got any 258 tokens at all, 258 T9 Gloves should have been your first purchase. I will just be sitting in mine until Unclean Surgical Gloves at Festergut.

TLDR - Tier Shoulders/Helm then everything else.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I am struggling on my choice as well. I am using Tears and Talisman right now, with little to no access to Solace, since RNG is bad. We've only had the normal version drop once, and the heroic version drop once. I'm mid ways on the dkp ladder for the healers, so I somewhat doubt I will get a solace.

I have 245 shoulders/head, and no trophy yet, so the 251 tier is not a big upgrade. Badge cloak is garbage, and ICC 25 gloves are identical save the socket colors as the badge ones.

Already got the Lonely noble on the first day, (yay for over generous drop rates on boe). Libram doesn't seem like something ill use.

Should I get the Trinket (seems worth about 102mp5, almost 50% more than tears), or wait for a trophy?

Armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ras&n=Hermania

Quote Originally Posted by tbk2009
    I am struggling on my choice as well. I am using Tears and Talisman right now, with little to no access to Solace, since RNG is bad. We've only had the normal version drop once, and the heroic version drop once. I'm mid ways on the dkp ladder for the healers, so I somewhat doubt I will get a solace.

I have 245 shoulders/head, and no trophy yet, so the 251 tier is not a big upgrade. Badge cloak is garbage, and ICC 25 gloves are identical save the socket colors as the badge ones.

Already got the Lonely noble on the first day, (yay for over generous drop rates on boe). Libram doesn't seem like something ill use.

Should I get the Trinket (seems worth about 102mp5, almost 50% more than tears), or wait for a trophy?

Armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ras&n=Hermania
    If I were in your situation, I'd probably buy tier sets (shoulder/head) instead of trinket.

After testing the trinket myself, there is no way i'll be picking it up. Complete fail on blizzards part.

A few times it proc'd in the first 3 heals, but the majority of the times it was taking 8-10 1.63sec holy light casts before it would proc. Complete fail blizzard.

*Yes i was waiting a minute between trials for the ICD to reset, im not a tard.

I guess i'll save for the headpiece then.

15+ Year Old Account

i'd suggested to op to buy cloak since head is 95badges cost and op's shoulders are pretty good. when you'll reach enough emblems and tier-token, buy head or shoulder.

hey, wait, he already bought cloak

ps op, change your talisman to Meteorite shard (don't remember right name, sorry for spelling) from algalon-10 or to the one from ToC5ppl normal. by horrible calculations (i've made a program special for it, you can see it in my previously created themes), 128 int is nearby 50 to 70 mp5 based on your playing style. the one from ToC-5 gives you 40 to 50 mp5 + 500 mana every 45-50 seconds (~50 mp5), which mean the trinket gives you 90-100 mp5, versus 50 to 70 of the badge trinket.

p.p.s.:245+258 solace is the best trinket combo ever, since they have various id and places various spells with various id's, so they must be stacking. (124mp5+144mp5)*60/5 *7 = 37400 mana restored during 7min fight.

for the badge trinket:
    305 mp5 for 15secs is 915 mana every 45-55 seconds (internal cooldown). 915 mana every 55 seconds is 83 mp5. that's not bad, but Solace 245&258, Alga-10 trinket and the one from ToC-5n is better.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag
    i'd suggested to op to buy cloak since head is 95badges cost and op's shoulders are pretty good. when you'll reach enough emblems and tier-token, buy head or shoulder.

hey, wait, he already bought cloak

ps op, change your talisman to Meteorite shard (don't remember right name, sorry for spelling) from algalon-10 or to the one from ToC5ppl normal. by horrible calculations (i've made a program special for it, you can see it in my previously created themes), 128 int is nearby 50 to 70 mp5 based on your playing style. the one from ToC-5 gives you 40 to 50 mp5 + 500 mana every 45-50 seconds (~50 mp5), which mean the trinket gives you 90-100 mp5, versus 50 to 70 of the badge trinket.

p.p.s.:245+258 solace is the best trinket combo ever, since they have various id and places various spells with various id's, so they must be stacking. (124mp5+144mp5)*60/5 *7 = 37400 mana restored during 7min fight.

for the badge trinket:
    305 mp5 for 15secs is 915 mana every 45-55 seconds (internal cooldown). 915 mana every 55 seconds is 83 mp5. that's not bad, but Solace 245&258, Alga-10 trinket and the one from ToC-5n is better.
    How do you guys Know the proc rates? and what program do you use to test/see them? I want to do it and get the information myself

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag
    Okay, while the value of spellpower is LOW, it is NOT zero. Even if you lied and said 100% of your new SP with HL goes to overheals, it increases absorption by SS. Treating the value of SP as zero when doing trinket calculations is pretty silly. Additionally, even from a strictly regen standpoint, Darkmoon Card: Greatness is significantly better than the Tears. If you use a low value for SP (1 MP5: 0.8 INT: 0.2 SP, rounded quite a bit there, would have to look up exact figures later), then about 8 good trinkets pop up over the Tears.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer
    How do you guys Know the proc rates? and what program do you use to test/see them? I want to do it and get the information myself
    1. Look the item up on wowhead.
    ex - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47215

2. Click the proc text.
    ex - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=67667

Proc chance is always there. Sometimes a CD will be listed. Sometimes not. Most internal CDs are 45 seconds though. Pretty standard.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Cloth badge gloves, itemized same as plate except both sockets re yellow.

I wouldn't waste badges on the Plate Gloves (or the cloth ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    I wouldn't waste badges on the Plate Gloves (or the cloth ones).

Neither would I till I at least have the Helm/Shoulders.

The helm is a good piece, it's still an upgrade from t9 and the gloves you can get from deathwhisper and the belt you are able to buy off the AH or get it off trash.