help a FURY warrior out <-

Now ive seen a few of these topics out there, showing there armory+gear, along with certain questions and ive been noticing 2 different kinds of fury warriors out there and ive been looking at stats and would like to know what is better. so now im asking for some opinions on what other fury warriors would do in this situation.
    you can check out my gear and find things that I may be doing wrong.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...amar&n=Sainted
    now I know currently I have alot of hit, so im just waiting for deaths choice, mjorn or needle encruted scorpion, or whispering fanged skull to replace my shitty grim toll to have 7% hit. Either of those a big up amongst other things but im mostly curious about gemming for pure ARP or pure STR, now like i said above ive seen and heard two kinds of things about them and im not quite sure which is best. ive heard things like stack arp once u hit 1800+str, or 6000ap. or something around that nature. & I was just curious IF it matters. ALSO about the trinkets if I should use mjorn or needle scorpion for the ARP proc in atleast of the trinket slots and use deaths choice or fanged skull, or deaths choice & fanged skull since they are both mucho better then mjorn & scorpion imo. But the 100% arp proc is pretty damn nice so, help a brotha out!

let he discussion insue, thanks for your help & opinions.

Re: help a FURY warrior out <-

Pretty sure you only stack armor pen as arms and strength as fury
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

str vs. arp is a huge debate, and from what i have seen there is no real concensus, that being said, your probably just gonna get people arguing about it again in this thread. As a fury warr myself, armor pen seems to be working pretty well. i originally stacked str when i didnt understand that arp was good, switched to arp and my dps went up significantly, though i was also replacing gear often, which may have contributed. its pretty much up to you at this point.
    Read the signature rules

yeah that is the same thing I did when I started fury in ulduar I began arms stacked arp, went fury cause it was clearly better. and stacked str then I decided to gem arp instead and my dps went up but im seeing other fury warriors on my server gemming only str, so I suppose it is only a preference, and thats all fine, but if you have any answers about which trinkets that would help to.

10+ Year Old Account

the answer is....it depends on the amount of arp on your gear and your trinket set up..

Do get Landsouls Spreadsheet from the Elitestjerks forums

There is a bit which looks like this..

once your SEP for ARP is higher than your SEP for Strenght(1) then its better to Keep gemming arp to the hard cap.

The one thing that changes this is trinket use.

if you are using a trinket such as Mjolnir Runestone or Grim Toll or Needle-Encrusted-Scorpion (Terible trinket btw with 1/3 the uptime of Mjonlnir)

then you should Gem arp (if spreadsheet says arp>Str) but it will only be a few gems you replace as once you hit the Softccap(passive arp + trinket arp = 100%) then STR will take lead again and the rest of your gems should be str.

I hope that helped.

pss. yes I know my sep for arp is 1.000007(ish) but Im not changing 5 epic gems for 3dps increase(yes i checked it)

ahh alright so as long as you use one of the arp proc trinkets and keep 52% arp your pretty much done with gemming-gearing arp as long as u keep it at that mark. then the rest is str. kay sounds goood, thanks ;D

There are multiple ideas floating around right now... One of them is ArP to about 750... and use Grim Toll/Runestone/Needle.... + Greatness/Deaths Verdict... OR... Stack ArP to 1k to 1.1k and use greantess/Death Verdict + Death Verdict (H)...

Quote Originally Posted by Tergha
    str vs. arp is a huge debate
    no it isn't. get the spreadsheet.
    MAI ROFLCOPTER GOES SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

so there is no major flaw about the way I gear + gems? (aside from my garbage trinkets that I will replace as soon as they drop) : O

Just a little high on the hit and lower on the crit (though not bad mind you). See what you can do to get rid of 80-100 hit and replace it with crit or str (preferably crit).
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=lightbringer&n=neggs
    http://www.neutralizedguild.com

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Your gear is perfectly fine.

Gemming for arp is the best dps increase at ilvl 245 onwards no matter what anyone says, look at landoul's spreadsheet to prove my point.

In 3.3 hit is amazing no matter what people think since it decreases the crit cap since its based on your hit % having 300 hit is actually a good thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazuka
    Your gear is perfectly fine.

Gemming for arp is the best dps increase at ilvl 245 onwards no matter what anyone says, look at landoul's spreadsheet to prove my point.

In 3.3 hit is amazing no matter what people think since it decreases the crit cap since its based on your hit % having 300 hit is actually a good thing now.
    Hit is of no concern until you reach a crit% of 100-*miss chance*, which is about.. 80%?

Dnu if you can miss a glancing though.. if you can't, then the crit cap for me for example is at 60%, thats 11% away from what i got in raids.

OP: What others have said, plug into landsouls and check the sep for arp and gem accordingly.

Gem for arp softcap if u can reach it (assuming you have an arp trinket) then gem strength and try to get around 24 expertise. Check out the kindabursty of storm reaver for a pretty good example.
    But the best way to see would be to dl landsoul's ss or rawr! If you dont have office.d

Quote Originally Posted by quez
    Hit is of no concern until you reach a crit% of 100-*miss chance*, which is about.. 80%?

Dnu if you can miss a glancing though.. if you can't, then the crit cap for me for example is at 60%, thats 11% away from what i got in raids.

OP: What others have said, plug into landsouls and check the sep for arp and gem accordingly.
    You also need to remember you lose 4% crit on bosses