Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Deathbringer's Will, Mjolnir and how to gem?

Here's something that has been bothering me lately:

Right now many cats are using Death's Verdict (either ilvl 245 or 258) + Mjolnir Runestone, with enough Arp gems to reach the cap with a trinket proc and Agi gems in the remaining sockets.

Now, what happens when you get Deathbringer's Will (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50362)? Am I correct in assuming that we should immediately replace Mjolnir with it, regardless of our other gear? The raw power of DW should make up for the lack of a more reliable Arp proc, right?

But how should we gem afterwards? Solely Arp gems to get the passive rating as high as possible? Or just enough Arp rating (800) to reach the softcap for those occasions you happen to get the arp proc from DW?

Later, when more gear becomes available, people will go for the hard cap, but what to do until that becomes a realistic goal?
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Re: Deathbringer's Will, Mjolnir and how to gem?

I think this one's just one of those issues that's gonna take lots of testing and time to figure out what is statistically better. My gut says keep pushing the ArP to somewhere in the middle (between 800 and hard cap) to make up for the DBW proccing str or agi. But all we really have to go with is guts at this point. It's still too early.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

I'm stacking ArP, Hardcap here i comeeeeeee

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal

or you could pass up the trinket and continue to use DV and Runestone

Never had the luck of getting Mjolnir, even after around 20 kills, rng is rng.

Deathbringers will dropped for us a few nights ago passed it to one of our rogues after reading up on the procc rate and it proccing different stuff - but as stated it is an excellent trinket but if you have Mjolnir and DV I would keep them a while longer and pass the trinket to someone who needs it better. Atm they are BiS until further testing of the trinket.

I still try to have a healthy mix between arp and agi and not really going for any cap or anything - just trying to keep my gear that suits my playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggis
    Never had the luck of getting Mjolnir, even after around 20 kills, rng is rng.

Deathbringers will dropped for us a few nights ago passed it to one of our rogues after reading up on the procc rate and it proccing different stuff - but as stated it is an excellent trinket but if you have Mjolnir and DV I would keep them a while longer and pass the trinket to someone who needs it better. Atm they are BiS until further testing of the trinket.

I still try to have a healthy mix between arp and agi and not really going for any cap or anything - just trying to keep my gear that suits my playstyle.

Actually, DV and either the hit/haste one from triumph badges or the haste/stacking AP one from frost badges are BiS. Depending on if you realllly need hit or not.

Deathbringers is actually best used on someone who doesn't care about ArP. Muti rogue, ret pally, DK, etc. That way none of the procs are ever wasted. (even though the ArP one might not be optimal for them, it will increase their dps instead of just putting them 600 over cap)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Saurfang glitched for us last week, turns out the GM are replacing the loot and this trinket dropped.. I have until sunday to decide if I want it.. ATM I am still using Runestone and Greatness. Anyone have any feedback on testing thats done that can help me decide if I should take it?

I don't have Deathbringer's yet so I can't test it myself, but does anyone happen to know if it's possible to push Arm Pen off the table? Will it still proc Arm Pen even if you reach the hard cap?

from comments on wowhead, it seems like the procs for druid are :

Agi / Str / Arp and even if hardcap / "0 arp" (just the stuff's arp), it will sometime proc arc, it is not an "intelligent" trinket choosing for you "the best stat" to proc ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Actually, DV and either the hit/haste one from triumph badges or the haste/stacking AP one from frost badges are BiS. Depending on if you realllly need hit or not.
    they are BiS if you are "going for Hard Cap" otherwise, MR is still BiS for soft cap (in waiting of stuff for going hard cap ...)

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol
    or you could pass up the trinket and continue to use DV and Runestone
    No, it's shiny. Must have.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

I think the Deathbringer trinket is probably going to be something you pass up for other classes, due to the druid specific procs not being thought about what so ever during it's itemization.

The procs for the normal version were 500 Agi, 500 ArP and 500 Strength (heroic puts those values up to 600), I don't remember the duration exactly of the buff (20-30 seconds I think) but I do remember people saying it had a 1min 30 CD, and the stat it gave you was totally random.

So while the passive ArP on the trinket is really nice for getting hard capped, the main problem is that if you got the ArP proc while at the hard cap, that's a complete waste. Likewise if had managed to hit the white cap for crits (something which people predict to be achievable once fully ICC geared) the agility proc isn't going to be that good either.

Since it doesn't proc a lot and only gives a 1/3 chance of getting ArP it is definitely not going to be worth getting 900 ArP and soft capping around the trinket.

So all in all it seems like a waste of time for druids, if they had put Haste, Strength and AP procs on it, then it would be godlike.

Sigh,

1. you do realize that the trinket alone, without the proc is 4th BiS or so for us right now just because of the passive ArP.

2. With my current gear the 600 ArP proc wouldnt be even close to being wasted, in fact even full ARP gemmed in my gear i'd use 550 of that 600 ArP

3. even if we do hit the white cap for Agility, (not likely unless in full 277 gear anyways..) agilitys value SKYROCKETS with our 4 set making rake be able to crit (still can use crit up to 100% on specials, which is most our damage; 70~%)

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    I was under the impression that it had a chance to proc ArP for ferals (though I'm not sure how much), in which case I would suggest gemming Agi.

4pc T10 should make Agi > ArP untill you get to a VERY high passive amount of ArP. I'm thinking that the gemming tables are gonna be switched around later into 3.3, where we will be gemming Agi untill were crit capped and then switching to ArP.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry

Deathbringers is actually best used on someone who doesn't care about ArP. Muti rogue, ret pally, DK, etc. That way none of the procs are ever wasted. (even though the ArP one might not be optimal for them, it will increase their dps instead of just putting them 600 over cap)
    As far as I can remember, ArP isn't one of the proc's the hunters can get from using the trinket

It's only Agil/AP/Crit.

So yeah, it's still far BiS, regardless of ArP with it equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gef
    As far as I can remember, ArP isn't one of the proc's the hunters can get from using the trinket

It's only Agil/AP/Crit.

So yeah, it's still far BiS, regardless of ArP with it equipped.
    It provides different procs depending on the class/spec.

and yes, Deatherbringer's Will is a BiS trinket, the 2nd BiS is possibly the haste/AP stacking badge trinket, or 258 DV. Though I think most are leaning towards the badge trinket.

30 SECOND BUFF!

600 agi or str or ArP on normal trinket.

30 seconds is just insane, I have it and it's extrordinary having such a large window to be able to stack buffs, also very obvious graphic change for a blood DK to hit his hysteria macro on you.

I'm using scorpion alongside this atm, the VERY rare double stacking of ArP procs is far outweighed by the higher overall ArP capped up time as well as stacked time of agi or str while ArP capped from other proc.

My Deaths choice normal is on the bench.

Deathbringer's Will is absolutely amazing. I snagged the first one that dropped last week and have no regrets what so ever. As stated, the druid version procs either 600 agility, 600 strength or 600 ArP.

My current plan is to use DBW with either Death's Verdict or the war talisman from badges. I would prefer DV if it ever drops again.

Bump,we still dont have some proper answer for this =) Topic: Deathbringer's Will, Mjolnir and how to gem?

with t10 gear and offset gear it will be possible to reach multiple hard and/or softcaps

for some people this may outweigh DW's proc, meaning for them it'll be worthwhile to use a different trinket.

until you're in a position to worry about those caps, it'll likely remain a top 3 trinket choice AT LEAST.

your only way to find out for sure is to find where on the net this trinket is being analyzed (try Rawr forums) and do a CRAPTON of math and a boatload of testing, or use a 3rd party program/spreadsheet to figure it out

more info on it:
    http://rawr.codeplex.com/Thread/View...ThreadId=77604