Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Deathbringer's Will, Mjolnir and how to gem?

The Deathbringer's Will is actually pretty bad for cat druids. Realistically the BiS trinket setup will be 258 Death's Choice/Verdict (silly alliance) and Herkuml War Token (from badges).

The reason why the Deathbringer's Will is bad for Ferals is because of the ArP proc. Cat Druids are already pushing past the soft cap with ease and this trinket, while the passive armor penetration is great, is almost useless 33% of the time already. Now tack on the fact that another proc is 600 strength. This is bad. There's no real way around that. The only proc that endures for us is the Agility proc. 1/3rd of the procs being good for us means that this trinket is best left to classes such as rogues and DKs who can use each proc.

Get one of the deaths choices and the badge trinket and you'll be golden. Until then Greatness/Badge Trinket or Death Choice/Greatness is better than using this trinket if you're already sitting above soft cap. Again, even if you're below the soft cap with this trinket, it's best left for classes who will be able to use this trinket as BiS or close-to BiS.

600 STR is a fantastic proc. Many ferals are using trinkets that proc 1k AP and 600 STR is quite a bit better. 600 Agil is the optimal proc but 600 STR is nothing to shake a stick at.

Right now this trinket is optimal for 99.9% of all ferals. In 4 months that may not be so as many of us will have high end Icecrown gear with craptons of Armor Pen. I believe I'll be passing this trinket to other classes that don't have to worry about a wasted proc until they all have it. It's for the greater good.

15+ Year Old Account

I passed on all the DV's in TOTC because I was tanking on 3 of the encounters but now our Paladin tank returned from the shadows so I'm dps. I grabbed it last Thursday when the second one dropped. Now I just need to figure out what to pair it up with. I have both a DMC and a Mjolner's runestone. It finally puts me back right at the soft ArP cap as well.

Isn't 600 str still 2.4 ap roughly so 1440 ap from the proc for 30 seconds?

How much real math has been done of the Herkuml War Token here? Is it going to come down to personal choice again where the trinkets are extremely similar?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by RainedUpon
    Stop taking useful trinkets and stop gemming ArP. Its not good for you and the trinkets belong to real dps classes like hunters and rogues. Spec Boomchicken or Tree and do your job.
    Stop being a troll when a Feral Kitty can out DPS a Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    Stop being a troll when a Feral Kitty can out DPS a Hunter.
    No feral druid has ever out dpsed me on my hunter and I'm in top end content. We had 3 feral druids, but made one of them go boomkin because it brought up their dps. A very good player might be able to do decent damage as feral...but they won't come close to hunters or rogues. Thats not my opinion or me trolling, thats a fact. In Ulduar gear you can do 4k dps, I can do 6k. If ICC gear I'll probably do 10k and you'll be doing 7k.

So because you know all fail druids your weak ass dps is supposed to be good?

8.4k dps on deathbringer this last week, Vs 4.7 and 5.5 from our 2 hunters, there's fail people of every class.

No feral druid has ever out dpsed me on my hunter and I'm in top end content. We had 3 feral druids, but made one of them go boomkin because it brought up their dps. A very good player might be able to do decent damage as feral...but they won't come close to hunters or rogues. Thats not my opinion or me trolling, thats a fact. In Ulduar gear you can do 4k dps, I can do 6k. If ICC gear I'll probably do 10k and you'll be doing 7k.
    Really, boomkin does not bring up feral dps. You fail to learn about Druid talent, By forcing one of the feral Druid to become a Boomkin, it just bought up your DPS.

Feral Druid give Leader of the Pack which increases ranged and melee critical chance of all party and raid members within 45 yards by 5%.

Moonkin give Moonkin Aura which increases spell critical chance by 5%.

None of the move from Feral is spells except for Faerie Fire (Feral).

Having both Moonkin and Feral Druid in the group will give your spells 10% critical chance.

15+ Year Old Account

So you have 2 ferals, 1 or 2 rogues? Sounds like you have a gear distribution issue for 1. And #2 every fight is different. If your ferals aren't being competitive either they aren't getting the correct drops or they need to improve. There is never a 3k dps difference, unless you're a shadowpriest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    So because you know all fail druids your weak ass dps is supposed to be good?

8.4k dps on deathbringer this last week, Vs 4.7 and 5.5 from our 2 hunters, there's fail people of every class.
    Because that's such a great fight to compare melee DPS to ranged DPS, amirite.

10+ Year Old Account

Dont feed Trolls!

ok but srsly, how else do u measure DPS? ranged beat us on Deathwhisper because we have to kill adds running around, NO RANGE EVER BEATS ME ON STATIONARY FIGHT (except jaraxxus for mages) and im doing 8k dps on average. Hunters dont have to move on Deathbringer as well.

now back to the topic: Personally im going Softcap + Agil Gemmed + DBW + MRS, will be very close to 70% constant crit.

i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

you obviously have bad feral druids then seeing as how i am pushing 8.5-9.5k dps in toc gear. now hunter will ever touch me in dps

err, sorry, just noticed didn't really answer question either.

I gemmed much the same as shifthappens, softcap with ArP trinket alongside and extremely high crit with agi gemming. New scorpion for me rather than stupid never dropping runestone.

Ferals are a hybrid class that is allowed to do pure DPS because of a complex "rotation."

Blizzard themselves have varified this to be an accurate representation. A *good* kitty can compete with rogues for damage, go look at the ulduar kitty DPS records - they're higher than hunters (by a decent margin, too).

I, as a hunter, would give this and any other decent gear to a feral druid who could out-perform me. There is no shame in giving a better class better gear.

This only reveals that you play in a fail-guild, and that you most likely are a fail player yourself.

Deathbringer's Will is fantastic for druids, don't let greedy players of other classes convince you otherwise.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

ensidia's topdpser in many (non scrub fights) is tun, quite decent measurestick since noone of them is terribad, but their rogues, retpala and tun(cat) is being up there most of the time.

You're in top-end content and that's the best you can come up with? Our raids don't even have a feral kitten half the time, and I just go kitty when the fight better suits our other tanks... so I'm working with the dregs of DPS gear that no one wants or everyone already has, and I can pull out 8-9k DPS w/o a mangle bot on fights like Saurfang or Jaraxxus. I'm not going to lie, the pure DPSers are pulling out good, possibly better, numbers left and right consistently (especially the rogues with their poison buff), but the trinket is good for any DPSer and isn't wasted as long as that person shows up for raids and does their job... besides, if you aren't doing 10k DPS as a hunter already and you're in "top-end content," I could contest that there's a more-deserving DPS that can play their class, but I digress.

In a hypothetical situation, suppose you have DW and Mjolnir's both equiped, proccing possibly 600 and 665 ArPen respectively. Now, the worst case scenario is that they both proc at the same time with ArPen, or there's overlap at any time. If you gem to "softcap" ArPen for your gear, I'd have to say base the softcap off Mjolnir's if you want zero wasted ArPen proc in ideal cases. Why? Well, it's ALWAYS going to proc ArPen, I'm assuming it does have a shorter cooldown than DW, and DW isn't guaranteed to proc ArPen at all in the course of a fight (yay RNG). However, with gear as its looking, you'll probably end up with 800 ArPen passive, so you'll have some wasted ArPen with Mjolnir's, and either DW or Mjolnir's will put you at hardcap during ArPen procs. This means (yay!) Agi gemming all the way.

Now, if we venture into the worst case scenario, you'll have 10 seconds of wasted ArPen proc max, since Mjolnir's proc only lasts 10 seconds vs DW with 30 seconds.... that's really not bad at all. From numbers I've seen, DW procs are spaced between 100-120 seconds. So let's say DW procs every 120 seconds and Mjolnir's every 60 seconds like clockwork. With 1/3 chance to proc ArPen, we'll see all 3 procs for a full duration in an ideal world over the course of 270 seconds (instant proc, 120 seconds til 2nd proc, 120 secs til 3rd proc, 30 seconds duration), and for math's sake, the fight's over at the end of the last DW proc. As we have already mentioned, worst case is two armor pen procs at the exact same time for 10 seconds. You would have a wasteful proc 3.7% of length of this fight... though I suppose the worst-worst case is ArPen procs all the time, so that's would be 20 seconds of wasted proc every 150 seconds, ~13.3% of the fight with a wasted proc. Realistically, you probably won't have both ArPen procs overlapping exactly for 10 seconds, if at all, like clockwork.

Still a wonderful trinket for a feral kitty even in this situation. I've had my Mjolnir's proc on scarabs in the submerge phase on Anub or just as Icehowl leaps to the center to charge, so most of the time, this "wasted" DW proc could've been wasted even if it didn't overlap with Mjolnir's.

Edit: Just wanted to emphasize that the numbers assume that the fight ends after the 3rd DW proc and 2nd DW proc respectively, so you change the length of the fight, the % time wasted will change. Just throwing out some numbers =D
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Ok you guys are all fail.

Final point is that those trinkets are OK for feral druids as feral druids are OK DPS. However they are much better suited on real dps, hunters, warriors, rogues, shamans, hell even ret paladins.

Oh and I love how you guys claim to do 8k+. Using swipe on trash mobs doesnt count. LOLercoaster.

Final point is that those trinkets are OK for feral druids as feral druids are OK DPS. However they are much better suited on real dps, hunters, warriors, rogues, shamans, hell even ret paladins.

Oh and I love how you guys claim to do 8k+. Using swipe on trash mobs doesnt count. LOLercoaster.
    What rock have you been hiding under?

15+ Year Old Account

Armor pen on a ret paladin? You just owned yourself.

10+ Year Old Account

"Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"