Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Wintergrasp Information, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde
    http://www.wowhead.com/?quests=8.3483

Yup, try angain blizzard. If you scroll down that link, you'll see several quests where there are more than 4 rewards to choose from
    You obviously don't realize that those quest rewards are different, the rings are in a path system. The developer who coded the original path system is, like said before, probably working on something els, and they can't implement a fifth path without having something bug out.

Oh and I bet that like all of their best developers, he is working on the new MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Wintergrasp Information
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    We wanted to address some of the confusion we often see regarding the Battle for Wintergrasp. We will not provide exact details on how the system works to try and avoid abuse of the mechanics, but there is a system in place that can change how the battle plays out.

When one faction defends more than the other, the system will give advantages like the ability to use catapults or siege tanks faster to the faction that is on the offensive. On realms where one faction is often able to defend the fortress and the other faction rarely defends, the system tries to help this balance by providing bonuses to the faction that rarely succeeds at defending.
    I wonder if this includes being ported to your own graveyard, which your faction controls, yet has the other faction's spirit healer instead... so you can't rezz. Or being in your graveyard when control changes and it not automatically porting you to the next closest one you still control. >

Dying and sitting in a graveyard with a dwarf spirit healer mocking you for the rest of the battle is not fun. >
    Emodac (Sargeras) - Unholy PvE... DW Frost PvP (experimental)

Jesus Fuckin' Christ!

http://db.mmo-champion.com/f/1145/ - Must be a buff that the QQ kiddies get.

It's neat that they'd elaborate a bit on how debuffs/buffs/equalising things like WG works, and it's extra hilarious they won't go into detail, or else people might figure out a way to manipulate the numbers (everyone joins a 50v50 WG, 40 of horde leaves, the remaining 10 have vehicles and IWIN buttons)

I for one look forward to them revamping the 4/4 upgraded ring system in time for me actually have a STR based character to get it besides, when Blizzard find things like this that they pour some time into to fix, it winds up becoming 1000x better than the QQ kids could have ever imagined.

It is moderately entertaining that they won't fix the problem with the code

I can imagine (as many people pointed out before) that they're probably simply recycling code.. whether or not it's a function or straight copy/paste.. one would figure that they'd be able to modify the code if it were copy/paste, however they'd be able to reproduce the function as DoRingQuest(); to DoRingQuestMoarRingz(); ..

Either way.. I am loving the new patches and speed of releasing that blizz is doing..

and I'm not sure how having the quest given by the t10 vendor would be any different.. it's still a quest that's given by a NPC?

I'd have the guy who hands you the ring give you a token when you hit friendly.

You take that token to t10 (or the JC in Dalaran) and trade it in for a ring. Then do the ring upgrades like the Kirin-Tor rings in Dalaran (T1 Ring + New Rep for T2 Ring) etc.
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    \)___ :'(
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

I came in here expecting Warrior QQ and all I got was DK and Paladin ARENA VIABLILITY QQ!? wtf

Warrior bladestorm = lol changes again >.<

And that excuse is by far the most lame i have ever heard! Get a fucking grip Blizz!

LOL as far as this game has come they want us to believe that its too "tricky" to add another ring? WTFever thats lame as lame gets.

Sure there are other options, mainly spend DKP on a raid ring? How the hell is that fair, other people get a free ring and get to keep dkp while we have to spend ours?

They should have never made a comment on this issue, I was better off being ignored rather than this lame excuse.

I'm now ready to ask for our Sweeping Strikes for Death Wish reversal as its been about 6 months and that's typically about as long as they last in each tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    anything for retri paladins in arena? make judgements non disspellable for starters. give us more controll.

Polymorph - Repentance

basicly same effect, polymorph has 1.5sec cast time or whatever, no cooldown 10 seconds.
    Repentance, instant ONE FUCKING MINUTE CD.
    look at those 2 and say it's balanced..
    You're not a mage, STFU.

Mage is in cloth, you're in plate: balance that

Polymorph can be interupted, Repent cant: balance that

You can heal yourself, Mage cant: Balance that

Your bubble is wayyyy better than a mages: Balance that

You have LoH to give you full life AND full mana, Mages don't: balance that

WoW2 race choices - Grey blob, no racials.
    WoW2 classes - Warougpalamagshamadinlocpriest hunter - Wears plate, dual weilds 2 handers and a bow at the same time! Has bubble, totems, spells, heals, no need to dual spec we made it easy.... 1 tree and unlimited talent points!

Isnt that great?!
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    You can heal yourself, priest cant: Balance that
    DUR, I'm a rogue, am I missing something? Did they make all Priest spells not castable in Arena? (:
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    \)___ :'(
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by avendesoraa
    No one should be complaining about healers and tanks needing DPS gear. You should be grateful we are willing to come in our offspec to come and tank and/or heal for you. Quit your whining and deal with everyone has 2 specs these days and I am not sure about other tanks and heals but there is very few pcs I need in 5 mans and until I get those pcs I will continue to need on those pcs.
    QFT, this needs to be said. I need DPS gear on both my druid (boom) and Pally (ret), but I tank as there is a shortage. I always have and will continue to roll on the 1 piece I need. But I do tell people upfront what I am going for, so if they don't like it, they can leave
    "Peace is a lie"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepit05
    LOL as far as this game has come they want us to believe that its too "tricky" to add another ring? WTFever thats lame as lame gets.

Sure there are other options, mainly spend DKP on a raid ring? How the hell is that fair, other people get a free ring and get to keep dkp while we have to spend ours?

They should have never made a comment on this issue, I was better off being ignored rather than this lame excuse.
    ITT, a ton of idiots who have not a clue in the world about how difficult coding can be, especially working with three year old code, written by someone else (who no longer works on the project), that's ingrained into the rest of the code.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

ITT : People defending Blizzard on something that can easily be fixed by having your Class Armor Trainer inside ICC give you the quest for the rings viable for your class. No class would use more then 4 rings. If you don't want to fuck with 3 year old code, that's fine. Don't screw the same players over you stuffed the line "Use gear designed for your class" down their throats, then don't give them a ring for their class.

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Need Before Greed in Cross-Realms Dungeons: Trinkets
    There are some trinkets that are improperly classified in the Need Before Greed system. These are typically things that proc and the procs are hard to detect. We’re getting them fixed.
    No Shit!... -.-

Yesterday a bear tank Need-ed the caster-dps-trinket that drops from Scourgelord Tyrannus and won it. Damn, it was the only reason I did that instance on my warlock.
    People are a**holes... -.-
    Hey if i can't need on the goddamn arp trinket that i always lose to scrubs in blues anyway, as a tank. I'll just go as dps, like a lot of tank/healers, and people will QQ that queues are even longer, what a great idea !

15+ Year Old Account

I guess I just don't understand why they can't add the rings to a vendor that sells them depending on reputation rather than ingraining it into a stupid quest system.

For that matter, why not have 2 separate quests?

Why is it that Blizzard is contantly handing out rescue pods to bad players. Be it helping players on a solitary basis gear up face numbingly easy, giving guilds achievments they don't deserve, and now helping a entire factions collectivly 'win' easier. I recently faction changed from an alliance server that consistantly got wtfpwned in WG, not just when trying to defend, but often failed on offence as well. It didn't hamper my expierence with the game, it created a rivalry which has been lacking in the game for awhile. Not a huuuge fan of these changes, but it will be nice to have WG half the time now

Quote Originally Posted by Travio
    ITT, a ton of idiots who have not a clue in the world about how difficult coding can be, especially working with three year old code, written by someone else (who no longer works on the project), that's ingrained into the rest of the code.
    Billions of dollars and a x-pac that was released a year ago and the best they could come up with is using a 3 year old code?

K, I'll be the idiot, that's fine. But I still pay my monthly fee to play and not for some excuse as to why other classes are offered rewards that I am not offered for doing the same thing.

There are tons of other options they could have used and that have been used, no reason to do this now. Especially in a game with so many people that you have to bleed every ounce of dps in order to get raid spots over someone else, this is just an unfair option.

This isn't a casual/hardcore discussion either, this is a raid rep and either give everyone who gains rep the same option for rewards or don't give any at all.

They said there are other options, but not for a ring like this with a proc on it, its a pat on the back to some classes and a slap in the face to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Senthyth
    Why is it that Blizzard is contantly handing out rescue pods to bad players. Be it helping players on a solitary basis gear up face numbingly easy, giving guilds achievments they don't deserve, and now helping a entire factions collectivly 'win' easier. I recently faction changed from an alliance server that consistantly got wtfpwned in WG, not just when trying to defend, but often failed on offence as well. It didn't hamper my expierence with the game, it created a rivalry which has been lacking in the game for awhile. Not a huuuge fan of these changes, but it will be nice to have WG half the time now
    Honestly, the only thing owning WG brings is access to a faceroll raid that gives a "rescue pod to bad players" by giving them "face numbing easy" loots.

I can't figure out if you're complaining about the game being easy or happy that the faceroll easy raid that is VoA will be open to you more often.

Easy Solution . . .
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No Strength DPS Ring @ Ashen Verdict
    The reason we haven't added one is actually a frustrating technical issue that prevents us from having more than 4 rewards on a quest like this. We do intend to fix this though and add a strength ring in the future, we just aren't sure this will be done for the Ashen Verdict line or if it will have to wait until the next time we use a system like this in a future patch.

[...] There are a lot of restrictions on these rings and we don't expect players to understand how tricky some technical issues can be.

We have done the four ring system in the past and while players may be a bit more selective about their stats these days, we don't want players to expect every source of loot to have perfect itemization for every class and every spec. There are other alternatives if you are unhappy with this option. (Source)
    There would be such an easy solution for the Problem ...
    Just Remove [Ashen Band of Endless Destruction] & [Ashen Band of Endless Wisdom].
    In exchange Add a Ring like

Ashen Band of Endless Fail
    +73 Stamina
    +73 Intellect
    Yellow Socket
    Socket Bonus: +5 Spell Power
    Equip: Increases spell power by 101.
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 51.
    Equip: Improves haste rating by 59.
    Your spells have a chance to increase your spell power by 285 for 10 sec.
    and [Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance] just in a Strength Version ...
    => Happy Hybrid Casters and Happy Strenght Meeles :P

Well maybe someone could Post this in the US Forum, if this hasn't been posted yet, as Developers never really take a look at the EU Forum ^^

10+ Year Old Account

I tought Blizzard already told players how WG works? Well then again always good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity

Yesterday a bear tank Need-ed the caster-dps-trinket that drops from Scourgelord Tyrannus and won it. Damn, it was the only reason I did that instance on my warlock.
    People are a**holes... -.-
    "I'm only tanking to build my lazer chicken set, so piss off" is the mind thought there, i'm sure.

I would never roll on your caster dps trinket while bear tanking... i would roll on your ArP trinket while Resto though. Huge difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================