Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: BT -> WW or WW -> BT

Wouldn't the 2 WW hits be better first since you hit twice giving you 2 chances to proc flurry instead of the 1 from BT?
    Originally Posted by notorious98
    That's not true. One time Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game at Polk High. How does THAT not matter?

15+ Year Old Account

I was healing a group with a guy who did WW->BT. I let him die every pull. In short, manage your aoe aggro please.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by annarion
    I was healing a group with a guy who did WW->BT. I let him die every pull. In short, manage your aoe aggro please.
    In 5mans, it's often better to let the fury warrior DPS tank a little bit. He'll do more damage for it, stuff will die faster, and if you're a proper healer you won't run oom anyway.

That's assuming the fury warrior is geared, atleast, and at a point where he can 'easily' pump out 8-9k DPS on 3+ mob pulls, meaning everything dies really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    In 5mans, it's often better to let the fury warrior DPS tank a little bit. He'll do more damage for it, stuff will die faster, and if you're a proper healer you won't run oom anyway.

That's assuming the fury warrior is geared, atleast, and at a point where he can 'easily' pump out 8-9k DPS on 3+ mob pulls, meaning everything dies really fast.
    This. Healers whining about Fury warriors taking agro on trash should realize that it will go faster then and should probably also be more interesting for the healer. Just sitting spamming FoL (or whatever) on the tank for 20+ minutes doesn't sound too fun.

When I do heroics I dont care about overagroing on the adds, but rather I keep focus on how much my healer can heal and when I need to use defensive macro and go defensive for a couple of seconds until I can go back to dual wielding. But as stated it of course depends on gear etc. I'm running hc Justicebringer / Justicebringer and full ilvl245 gear so in that case I don't really see why you wouldn't want me to smash down the trash in a couple of seconds while you just have to heal a bit more.

Also, on topic, the Fury rotation is BT > WW > execute > instant Slam with HS when over 60~70 rage. It used to be WW > BT when BT had a 5 sec CD, but now when BT has a 4 sec CD it's better to start off with BT to make sure WW and BT don't overlap too often.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tarren+Mill&n=Crom

10+ Year Old Account

4x Fury warrior + pala healer (for Bok) enjoy facerolling every trash pack with minimum 6-7k from each warrior.

on bosses 1 warrior can use some tanking gear and If specced into "tactical mastery" like you SHOULD. then his BT alone does like 10tps and no way can anyone pull from him.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

BT>WW

don't start with WW unless u want the trash pull to 1 shot you for over aggroing on the start of a pull.

on bosses, i'd still say bt>ww for hte cd's

As a tank I want my fury warriors to use BT before WW in a multimob situation, since I don't have any snap aggro AoE moves.
    So I'd recommend you do that in AoE situation, for both your and your tank's health.

It appears that this may well be the prefered set up for max damage in single target situations, although I honestly don't know that much about fury warriors, I just know that they grab aggro and die if they start with whirlwind.

I do BT --> WW
    Especially on multiple targets.
    It assures that you get that heal.

Mine is still being leveled. lol

[Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black]

Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    Not anymore, with current gear levels WW = BT basically as BT scales with AP much better than WW does.
    This might be the case if you stack STR, but if you stack ARP, WW is still ahead of BT.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Easy, let tank grab threat within 2 secs rush in with bt+ww+cleave or HS depending on targets, wait for instant slam to proc rinse and repeat. Always use c/d's and HS on single targets. Just watch for your rage and try not to use slam or HS when rage is less then 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbuk
    Why not read around your class rather than being lazy and waiting to be spoon fed the answer :\

Go check some old posts or check Elitist Jerks or hell even the official warrior forums and you'll find the answer very quickly.
    Gooooooshbag alert.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

has absolutely no effect (theoraticly) on your dps.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    has absolutely no effect (theoraticly) on your dps.
    Can you prove it?

It's been said but I'll put in my 2c. BT > WW is the generally accepted best practice if you're talking about a perfect rotation. Honestly in 5-man's I base my opener off of what I feel the situation can handle. If I'm in with an insanely overgeared tank who knows what they're doing then it's WW all the way. Especially if I'm trying to trounce the other dps on the meters. Then again I've been in groups with tanks that are newer and less geared and I definately opt for BT as an opener. Keep in mind that if you have decent gear and you WW and crit on 4 mobs at once you will be putting upwards of 40K damage up against whatever threat the tank has managed to build up. Sometimes I even just autoattack for the first few seconds.

I'm finding that a lot of people who usually dps are trying to tank without the gear for it just so they get quicker random runs in the lfg. They tend to suck at spreading their threat over multiple mobs making WW problematic to say the least. Unless you don't mind OT/MT the entire instance while the tank craps himself trying to get aggro back. Granted I would never do that in a serious raid, but honestly tell me that it isn't fun to make the tank sweat a little in the random 5 man.