WATCH OUT: LFG System pointer's

Since 3.3 started I have been doing ALOT of 5man Random Heroics to pass my time before the raids and well I have noticed ALOT of what people say on these forums that have happened to myself or others I know. So sorry if this has already poped up but I will list of course the others ones as well, but I think there might be new ones.

I will start with the simple easy one.
    Frozen Orbs: People all over different servers do different ways of dealing with these, before doing your normal way, hit what most of the group goes for (if 2 people hit need, then hit need, if 1person hit needs then hit need, if none hit need then hit greed of course.) So that you don't get a Frozen Orb took off you OR take a Frozen Orb off others.

Tank Abuse: I saw a post about this yesterday on the forums and well it happened to me after I read it. DPS or the Healer will insult you for doing crap tanking because your doing most of the damage becuase your DPS is deciding to take a break during the runs. So what they have to wait 5 to 10minutes to get a group, not your fault they are in a mood for waiting and doing bad DPS. So stand your ground and don't take the insults at your tanking skills to heart.

Healer Abuse: Your tank is covered in Paper and your DPS is DPSing slow, so you yourself can out DPS them and really if you do, you will pull aggro. The DPS will moan at the tank for crap tanking and bad gear (tank Abuse,) and the Tank will moan at you if you let him die a little (its funny at 1st but its still funny because hes not in T9 gear yet.) So prepare to be yelled at by the DPS as well. Again don't stand down to the insults. Your healing is fine.

DPS Abuse: This is very RARE in LFG because I rarely see myself (Tank/Healer) or a Tank/Healer from the PuG system bitch about a DPS doing low DPS but there is sometimes when people in New gear get moaned at for rubbish DPS while the dudes in way better gear are doing just a bit better than you. So watch out DPS this may hit you if your new to the game.

Rolling System: This is a new one I found myself and it has happened RARELY but saying it on this I guess it will increase its number, but I would rather say a way to counter act it before someone says it and then we are all screwed. Here it is: BE THE LAST ONE TO LEAVE YOUR GROUP!
    Why? Because if you leave the group before the rolling is done, you get no loot if you won. This is what the person does, they don't hit need or greed or disenchant YET they wait till the other 4 people do it. Then they get them all to leave then they hit GREED or Disenchant, meaning if they didn't win SO WHAT? the person who was meant to get it wasn't there so BANG the loot goes to them. Abyss Crystal, Dream Shard and a Frozen Orb given to them for waiting 30seconds longer. Its Ninjaing in my books and its normally an enchanter doing it when I find out what that person's proffessions.

Kicking: I have seen this happen commonly now, but groups of people will go in maybe 2 to 3 as Friends or guildies and be right dickheads to you and then KICK you why? because they have over the upper hand of a vote of 2 to 2 or 3 to 1 (that is the 4 People in the group maybe one pugger and you.) So you may get kicked for no reason and go Why what did i do? when you know for a fact you did nothing, this is why, people don't like when undergeared people are eligable to for their runs and hate when they are slowed down or outdpsed by someone in worse gear. (its nasty but it happens.)

How to combat all these problems?: Ignore System sorry to say that but yes, keep track of the names of people who Abuse you, Steal Loot and Kick you for no apparent reason, simple ignore them I belive its Character - Server and that will it be done. Meaning you will never group with them AGAIN (well Blizzard said this so I belive its true.)
    If you feel you can be a leader, then hit the leader button if you are experienced enough (can't kick the leader or abuse him because he can kick you.)
    Be the last person to leave the instance, never roll 1st always try to roll last and make sure you are hitting the correct Need/Greed/Disenchant on some objects.
    Blue Post: blue.mmo-champion.com/1/21726257919-repeatedly-getitng-stuck-with-the-same-jerks.html

So again, Watch out people when your out there doing LFG for the 1st or repetative time and hope none of these growing attitudes get you.
    This may be nothing but I best warn most of the community.

Hope you all the best in the new LFG system, Sorry if some of this is old news but some of it may be new to other and I hope this has helped them be prepared for it.
    Also discuss if you wish about this kind of topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

Re: WATCH OUT: LFG System pointer's

Good post, ive encountered all of the above, including friends/guildies vote kicking because they want a certain loot item i may roll on. didnt know about leaving group. ill watch that one.

Ive added loads of GOGOGOs to my ignore list already ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Healyurself

Rolling System: This is a new one I found myself and it has happened RARELY but saying it on this I guess it will increase its number, but I would rather say a way to counter act it before someone says it and then we are all screwed. Here it is: BE THE LAST ONE TO LEAVE YOUR GROUP!
    Why? Because if you leave the group before the rolling is done, you get no loot if you won. This is what the person does, they don't hit need or greed or disenchant YET they wait till the other 4 people do it. Then they get them all to leave then they hit GREED or Disenchant, meaning if they didn't win SO WHAT? the person who was meant to get it wasn't there so BANG the loot goes to them. Abyss Crystal, Dream Shard and a Frozen Orb given to them for waiting 30seconds longer. Its Ninjaing in my books and its normally an enchanter doing it when I find out what that person's proffessions.

Kicking: I have seen this happen commonly now, but groups of people will go in maybe 2 to 3 as Friends or guildies and be right dickheads to you and then KICK you why? because they have over the upper hand of a vote of 2 to 2 or 3 to 1 (that is the 4 People in the group maybe one pugger and you.) So you may get kicked for no reason and go Why what did i do? when you know for a fact you did nothing, this is why, people don't like when undergeared people are eligable to for their runs and hate when they are slowed down or outdpsed by someone in worse gear. (its nasty but it happens.)

How to combat all these problems?: Ignore System sorry to say that but yes, keep track of the names of people who Abuse you, Steal Loot and Kick you for no apparent reason, simple ignore them I belive its Character - Server and that will it be done. Meaning you will never group with them AGAIN (well Blizzard said this so I belive its true.)
    If you feel you can be a leader, then hit the leader button if you are experienced enough (can't kick the leader or abuse him because he can kick you.)
    Be the last person to leave the instance, never roll 1st always try to roll last and make sure you are hitting the correct Need/Greed/Disenchant on some objects.
    Blue Post: blue.mmo-champion.com/1/21726257919-repeatedly-getitng-stuck-with-the-same-jerks.html
    Wrong on 2 counts. If the person who won the roll leaves the group/instance, the remaining person still can't loot it. They will get the "you are not eligible to loot that item" error.

Second count. The leader cannot kick you any more than anyone else can. He can start a vote to kick option. That's it. In fact, that person being called the party leader is a BUG. Blues have stated it. They will be called guides in the future.

Also, just because someone doesn't GIVE a reason for kicking you doesn't mean they didn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    Wrong on 2 counts. If the person who won the roll leaves the group/instance, the remaining person still can't loot it. They will get the "you are not eligible to loot that item" error.

Second count. The leader cannot kick you any more than anyone else can. He can start a vote to kick option. That's it. In fact, that person being called the party leader is a BUG. Blues have stated it. They will be called guides in the future.

Also, just because someone doesn't GIVE a reason for kicking you doesn't mean they didn't have one.
    I like to to tell you (wish I SSed this but I didn't,) the remaining person can loot it because: If the person is not in the Instance and not in the Group he/she is not eligable to be given the loot item so therefore it will go to the 2nd highest person on the list. Its another way of saving you rolls to the last second so people who say want to "ninja the Shards" but not get ingored can do it like this giving them that option to get free lot and having 100% chance to roll. If it happens again in an instance I am in, I will SS it.

But heres a more EXAMPLE of what happens.

Person A rolls a 99 for Epic
    Person B rolls a 68 for Epic
    Person C rolls a 45 for Epic
    Person D rolls a 89 for Epic
    <Wait 1minute>
    PErson A, B, C and D left the instance.
    Person E rolls a 1 for Epic

Person A Is not in the instance or group so passed to the next highest
    Person D Is not in the instance or group so passed to the next highest
    Person B Is not in the instance or group so passed to the next highest
    Person C Is not in the instance or group so passed to the next highest

Person E is given the Epic.

It happens, it works and you don't know until you leave.

I like to to tell you (wish I SSed this but I didn't,) the remaining person can loot it because: If the person is not in the Instance and not in the Group he/she is not eligable to be given the loot item so therefore it will go to the 2nd highest person on the list. Its another way of saving you rolls to the last second so people who say want to "ninja the Shards" but not get ingored can do it like this giving them that option to get free lot and having 100% chance to roll. If it happens again in an instance I am in, I will SS it.

<Wait 1minute>

This is not the case. Loot stays on the boss.

I often run my randoms with one or more guild members. We like to give each other a hard time. One of our guys will always need on Orbs when the rest of us Greed them by reflex. Just yesterday we vote kicked him after the last boss but were too slow. He had already chosen Need for the Orb but had not hit DE for the items. There had been no rolls made at the time of his removal. He won the Orb with a Need roll after leaving the group and we had to wait for it to auto pass on the rest. The Orb was stuck on the boss, assigned to him and no one got it.

I also have, on several occasions, seen people leave an instance after the last boss too fast before the rolls. Loot is assigned to them and is wasted. Definitely stick around for your loot in case you win, but I've never seen anyone prolong a roll because the tactic you describe simply does not work.

I'm also pretty sure that a vote kick has to be unanamous. Sans the person being voted on of course. At the very least, I would be surprised if 2 v 2 resulted in a kick. 3 v 1 is a possibility, I guess. As pointed out by someone else, getting lead really affords you no special abilities whatsoever. You can't kick without a vote. Hell, even marks can be put up by anyone in group now. All lead gives you is different color text.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

<Wait 1minute>

Nope. Does not work that way. Person A would get the loot. Since they aren't in the instance it stays on the boss. If they ran back before it despawned they could even loot the loot.