ICC10 worthy prot paladin?

hey, i needed some tips on what i should be doing to change up my tank gear.

i just started tanking last week with gear that i had acquired from lots of OS rolls and the boots/shield/cape/weapon came from this week along with the badge head and shoulders. as you can see, i tanked toc 25, togc10, and icc10, but was told by some i wasn't ready for icc10.

i was talking to a paladin tank on my server who mentioned that dodge should be a ratio of 1.8 to parry, this being said, i seem to be lacking on parry, especially after that libram procs. so if there could be any tips provided, id appreciate it.

p.s. i have a couple of trinkets i can swap out, including double +170 stam, the 245 eltriggs oath from togc 10, the new tank trinket from PoS.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ridge&n=Eudora

Re: ICC10 worthy prot paladin?

I would suggest swapping to double 170 stam trinkets. The goal as a tank (especially in raids) is to leave as little up to RNG as possible, meaning dodge/parry are bad stats in 90% of encounters.

10+ Year Old Account

google tankadin bro, i don't play a tank but i don't help but a very skilled prot paladin of mine uses it, i quote "it's like a protadins bible"
    and the guys who made tankspot are actually moderators of this site, gl

+10 stats/275 hp to chest
    Epic gem in gloves, pantsx2
    Get new belt, wrists.
    i.e. Crafted wrists, and the 226 badge belt.
    Drop ony trinket for black heart/essence (if you must) or juggernaughts vitality (if possible).

MOAR STAM

So you were told that you weren't ready for ICC 10, and then went on to not only succesfully tank Marrowgar 10, but got a weapon out of the deal.

And your question is?

If you've already successfully tanked the instance, you're obviously geared for it, even if your trinket is abysmal (replace it with either a stam trinket, or the Glyph of Indomitability).

Slap whoever said no, you're perfectly fine, I've done it on my warrior rocking some 200 pieces.

But yeah, not fully epic gemmed. Pretty sure those set bonuses where you have the hybrid gems aren't worth the stam loss, swap to stam trinkets, and that'll give a better impression, even if it barely helps at all.

so im getting some mixed signals here then..im supposed to use my ilvl 200 +170 stam no use ability trinkets instead of some 245 ones? im just a little confused i guess because stacking stam just seems to be too simplistic, what about the -20% dodge chance from chill of the throne? i dont even want to regard that? thank you for your time.

Well if you think about it, after the debuff you have like say 10% dodge. Yes it's there but the amount is so little its close to negligible vs say...having 30% dodge. I would recommend just giving yourself enough hp to work with while having some dodge, but don't go out of your way to make up for lost dodge and sacrifice stam.

You'd do fine. Just swap to epic gems so you don't look pathetic. (Also, don't gem for parry. Agi is best, but dodge, expertise, and even strength are usually better than parry.)

Quote Originally Posted by RB Seagull
    so im getting some mixed signals here then..im supposed to use my ilvl 200 +170 stam no use ability trinkets instead of some 245 ones? im just a little confused i guess because stacking stam just seems to be too simplistic, what about the -20% dodge chance from chill of the throne? i dont even want to regard that? thank you for your time.
    Keep them in your bags in case you come across a boss that does high magic damage. But your trinkets are better for all of the current bosses.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

*hint* Glyph of Holy Wrath *hint*

Quote Originally Posted by Tranzavagn
    *hint* Glyph of Sense Undead *hint*
    Fixt.

I'm personally a fan of balanced trinkets: one stam and one avoidance, but that's tank's choice. Maybe plug in two stam trinkets before you log off or join a pug, just to deal with all those folks who think "more health = more better tank", then swap to what really works for you.

Regarding IceWell radiance, I've been told not to worry too much about it. Pick your gear just as you would if it weren't there.

And as Wesz said, come over to Maintankadin, it's long been the premier place for prot pallys.