Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Sick & tired of elitist assholes

This message comes from a new paladin. I just dinged 80 2 days ago.
    Previously I was playing a Resto-Shaman I grew bored of and I made it my new assignement to pick up tanking once again, after I've had some experience with a warrior in Classic.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...as&n=Tinypants
    As you can see, in these 2 days I've put quite a lot of effort into the character and I've been successully tanking quite a few heroics without even wiping once.

What makes me sick & tired of certain folks is this:
    I join a heroic grp, sometimes they've already started and the previous tank has left or sometimes it even happens in the beginning.
    The dialogue goes like this:
    "Tiny?"
    "yeah"
    "is that your tanking gear?"
    "sure it is"
    "ROFL ROFL ROFL fucking noob, die from cancer you undergeared idiot"

I only got that kind of chat from a healer once, and that was when I landed in ToC HC when even I had to admit I was undergeared at that moment. But it has improved since, so there is no problem anymorem, although certain slots of course need improvements - but as I said, I've only been lvl80 for 2 days.

Now - as I can tell there's a SERIOUS lack of tanks, because I get instant invites at any hour - be it 14:00 in the afternoon or 5:00 in the morning.
    Instead of those guys being HAPPY that there are new guys coming into the game who want to tank, so more and more groups can be formed, those assholes complain.

For fucking sake, early this year we were running Naxx25, EoS, VoA, OS etc. with this kind of gear!!!!
    And now it's not good enough for HEROICS?! Are you kidding me?!

How am I supposed to EVER gear up?! It's not like you get an instant Tier10 Tanking set with epic gems and the right enchants on every item.

It's so frustrating to get those kinds of comments because they usually make me instaquit. Why should I tank for somebody who just called me out to be a "noob", because my gear is not complete T10?

I have to admit that this is a big rant, but people really have to rethink their positions - why would anybody want to become a tanks if you get treated like that?
    I've seen DPS in iLVL232-245 gear doing less DPS & DMG than me during the whole instance, probably because they're slacking like hell, but tanks have to take the shit because we dont' have 40k HP in heroics.

Seriously, think about it before you taunt the next tank for his "lololololololroflLOW hp", because first of all it says NOTHING about his ability to tank and secondly he has to gear up as well and he's one more tank who's queuing up for YOU dps assholes, who in over 50% of cases can't even play their fucking class right.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Sick & tired of elitist assholes

Quote Originally Posted by anazei
    Why should I tank for somebody who just called me out to be a "noob", because my gear is not complete T10?

I've seen DPS in iLVL232-245 gear doing less DPS & DMG than me during the whole instance, probably because they're slacking like hell, but tanks have to take the shit because we dont' have 40k HP in heroics.
    Nobody has complete T10.

They HAVE to stop/ not actually use any attacks apart from auto attack so they dnt over aggro.

But in saying that I agree unless I'v got a raid in like 10mins Its a nice challenge for the geared people and you know your helping folk out getting those emblems.

All you have to say dude is "Do your job and shut up or kick me I'll be finished my next hc before you get another tank" nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion
    All you have to say dude is "Do your job and shut up or kick me I'll be finished my next hc before you get another tank" nuff said.
    There we go.

Me thinks wow players think to much about what others think about them.

I had exactly the same issue while LFG for normal difficult 5-mans when my Protadin had just hit 80, again I'd worked on my gear and enchanted it all appropriately even though some of it was level 77 blue craftable crap that I knew I'd upgrade out of straight-away - still only gave me about 25k HP with buffs, so I got laughed out of instances. I persevered, using a similar strategy to the Sapiorion - "Replace me if you like, or you can STFU, do *your* job and quit worrying whether I'm good enough to do mine" and let my performance speak for itself. I *knew* I'd survive, because I was uncrittable and had a decent amount of avoidance despite the low amount of hitpoints, and I was successful in getting to around the 30k HP mark reasonably quickly. Now I don't have the issue at all.

Unfortunately it's a symptom of the spoilt-brat, need-everything-NOWNOWNOWOMGTOOSLOW mentality that permeates WoW nowadays. As a person starting a tank character, your first lesson has to be "How to tank bad attitude from your fellow players". Once you can do that, you can do anything ;-)

Deleted

i agree with your message, but not with the way it is brought.

you are totally correct in saying that your HP is enough for heroics. that said, there are some rather easily achievable upgrades.

Argent tournament has the seal axe. gemming and enchanting for hit and expertise is not necessary. parry is a subpar stat for tanks, gem dodge up to 28%. the tempered titansteel helmet is a major upgrade for you, as are the boots. generally, the best gem is the austere earthsiege diamond, 32 STA and 2% armor. HoL normal drops a trinket with 65 DEF. ToC5 normal last boss drops a 126 STA trinket. if you have 536 DEF without shoulder enchant, take the PvP enchant with 30 STA and 15 resil. bring enchanting to 400, level another profession to 400 (BS or JC). move 3 points from prot tree to ret tree (best ones are HoJ and 1/2 attunement), put them in crusade.

also, your ret spec is bloated. 11/5/55 or 5/11/55 are the best specs now.

i can easily see you get an extra 2-3K HP without any hard heroics or excessive farming (apart from professions).

You are absolutely right.One year ago+ I healed with lvl 70 gear,21k hp tanks on heroics with no problems whatsoever.At the worst of the cases we would wipe once and that was it.Nowadays,I see people in random heroics making complaints to 38k tanks about their gear and actually attempting to vote kick them.
    I can't tolerate these elitist shitkids anymore,the easy access to loot has fucking twisted their brains.What is even more frustrating however,is seeing messages in trade that go like this "Lfm for xxx hc,bring insane gear,5.1k gearscore atleast".I can't help it but: and /sigh irl every time complete crap like that pass through my screen.

Considering it's only 2 days you're at lv80 you're fine. 26.4k unbuffed hp in easily enough for every hero up to ToC. Epic gems and enchant are more or less there, it's clear you're working on it. If dps don't like you they're free to wait for another tank (on cycloneEU it's usually 5/15mins as a dps), but if they're half good it won't be a problem.

A few tips: don't focus on threat now, you still have to prioritize defensive stats. While dps CAN and SHOULD check their aggro, the healer can't always save if you get trishotted. So gem/enchant towards stamina and avoidance, preferring dodge over parry (parry becomes better only when you have dodge everywhere and close to no parry on your equip, if i remember well parry/dodge rating favours dodge as long as it's a 1:1.88 ratio but i'm not 100% sure so better if you check it, i got that number from one fo the stickies on tankspot i think). Put your hands on the black heart from normal ToC, ppl in pugs check only one thing on a tank, and you know which one. If money is not a big concern level a second useful profession and get crafts: 245 tanking bracers are nice, and the old 226 belt/feet (double socket is what makes them still good). I'd go with 245 helm with next EoT, enourmous upgrade over your blue (and if someone inspects you he will start from there).

Keep going, it seems you started well don't give up so soon. I had to leave a group once because of the tank, but it was 3k lower than you, couldn't keep aggro on more than one mob and managed to pull THREE proto drakes in that big hall in UK... what i mean here is, in heroics gear is not everything: if the healer knows what to do and you know how to tank... well, first heroics were tanked by ppl barely at 22k hp, with full blue dps.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Malmsteen
    Some of us are human like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Malmsteen
    This,

Tanks of the world ... you need a thick skin to play this class, it happens to all of us.

My mate Emo's and logs when ppl have a go at him on his tank, you just need to remeber its just pixals .. its a 'game' and should be treated as such.

Dont let comments get to you just /ignore or reply with " :P " that always works to piss them off more then any flame you could type back

5years of tanking and still going

Quote Originally Posted by anazei
    This message comes from a new paladin. I just dinged 80 2 days ago.
    Previously I was playing a Resto-Shaman I grew bored of and I made it my new assignement to pick up tanking once again, after I've had some experience with a warrior in Classic.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...as&n=Tinypants
    As you can see, in these 2 days I've put quite a lot of effort into the character and I've been successully tanking quite a few heroics without even wiping once.

What makes me sick & tired of certain folks is this:
    I join a heroic grp, sometimes they've already started and the previous tank has left or sometimes it even happens in the beginning.
    The dialogue goes like this:
    "Tiny?"
    "yeah"
    "is that your tanking gear?"
    "sure it is"

I only got that kind of chat from a healer once, and that was when I landed in ToC HC when even I had to admit I was undergeared at that moment. But it has improved since, so there is no problem anymorem, although certain slots of course need improvements - but as I said, I've only been lvl80 for 2 days.

Now - as I can tell there's a SERIOUS lack of tanks, because I get instant invites at any hour - be it 14:00 in the afternoon or 5:00 in the morning.
    Instead of those guys being HAPPY that there are new guys coming into the game who want to tank, so more and more groups can be formed, those assholes complain.

For fucking sake, early this year we were running Naxx25, EoS, VoA, OS etc. with this kind of gear!!!!
    And now it's not good enough for HEROICS?! Are you kidding me?!

How am I supposed to EVER gear up?! It's not like you get an instant Tier10 Tanking set with epic gems and the right enchants on every item.

It's so frustrating to get those kinds of comments because they usually make me instaquit. Why should I tank for somebody who just called me out to be a "noob", because my gear is not complete T10?

I have to admit that this is a big rant, but people really have to rethink their positions - why would anybody want to become a tanks if you get treated like that?

Seriously, think about it before you taunt the next tank for his "lololololololroflLOW hp", because first of all it says NOTHING about his ability to tank and secondly he has to gear up as well and he's one more tank who's queuing up for YOU dps assholes, who in over 50% of cases can't even play their fucking class right.

Thanks a lot.
    Dude learn to not Q.Q Tanks need to be geared its just a matter of fact ps.... L2Play

as a leveling healer, i dont mind undergeared tanks ( dealing with people under def cap all the time :P ) what i do mind is when the Tank can't even attack all mobs present, had 35% ish of the adds at Tribunal of Ages in halls of stone, Attack anything but the tank.

on topic: i think those calling people out like that, aren't elitist, just uninformed. they see whine threads everywhere saying that the game is too easy, that it takes 5 min at lvl 80 to get Full Epic gear. most of the time, someone with half a brain won't mind new players learning, someone without, will just belittle anyone not up to their standard.

P.s. i'm a lvl 77 resto shaman.
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

Ic the problem, but why do you care?

When they get nasty, start pissing on their face, do whatever you think that will make them stfu.

After all, they'll have to wait 10 more minutes for their new tank...

So, either ignore what they are saying or defend yourself against their probably retarded arguments.
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by bored
    Dude learn to not Q.Q Tanks need to be geared its just a matter of fact ps.... L2Play
    Hows he supposed to do that exactly without a helping hand? yeh he could go with equally geared ppl but that could mean a crap load of wipes slow going.

I love the challenge if I'm resto tbh.

Dude, the guys was a complete tool, don't lose sleep about it.

Totally agree with fellow shaman, sometimes seeing a lesser geared tank is a nice change, gives me something to do and if it helps them get some good loot at the end of it then I go to bed a happy paladin.

I'd rather heal a gemmed, enchanted, lesser geared tank, because it goes to show you have made an effort to improve yourself.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

if they treet you like that just leave tbh hang in tehre we need you tanks :P shure if i get into a hc whit 2 other great geared dps's and 1 good geared healer and a bad geared that i dont like it sicne i will prob overaggro whit my auto attack :P but i dont judge ppl by their gear because ppl can still be good so i allways give them a try before i start flaming them

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    ToC5 normal last boss drops a 126 STA trinket.
    For what it's worth, this trinket is being farmed by dps, too. No idea why, it's frustrating as hell trying to get it on an alt tank when 3-4 members of the group all press 'need' on it. What sort of person wants tank gear when they can't even be bothered to tank a normal instance?

I've been in instances and had the same thing happen. Tank zones in and someone says "WTF is that your tank gear?", tank says "yes", "someone else says "OMG kick this guy", "OMG we can't kick him yet!!", me "give the guy a chance and lets see what happens", guy goes on to tank very well and with more gear he will be excellent and the guy who screamed "OMG kick this guy" ended with less then 1500 DPS.

People just want everything easily handed to them these days, if a heroic lasts more then 10-15mins people whine; maybe partly because alot of them are use to having most things handed to them by blizzard for a little while now.

Keep on working down the road and don't give up, some of us elitist jerks are willing to give you the chance to prove yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Leven
    For what it's worth, this trinket is being farmed by dps, too. No idea why, it's frustrating as hell trying to get it on an alt tank when 3-4 members of the group all press 'need' on it. What sort of person wants tank gear when they can't even be bothered to tank a normal instance?
    PvP. Stamina Trinket=more health. I used to run around in BGs with the Brewfest Trinkets when my gear was still bad...

That's not an elitest that your talking about, its just an asshole. Look at the people who have said those kind of comment to you. I guarentee that not a single one has H Anub'arak.
    Most of the people who say those things are very slightly ahead of the gear curve, or maybe just average, and they have nothing better to do than give a fresh 80 shit about their gear.
    Science flies you to the moon -
    Religion flies you into buildings