Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crossrealm Grouping and Rudeness

Is it just me or people are being a lot braver and stupider since they are from another realm etc ?

One that gets me is group forms, we go in, party leader decides he needs to AFK for 5 mins, then again a couple more times to do whatever. Then you get the people who are either on follow or just doing auto attacks (had a DK do 600dps on a boss, thanks to his army of the dead). Sure you can form your own groups and Q for random which is what I do most of the time, but when trying out this LFG system, there are a ton of idiots out there.

Re: Crossrealm Grouping and Rudeness

I've never seen that happen. I've had DPS in my groups that do atleast 2.5k. I even had a warlock do 6.1k DPS on bosses in a heroic.

I've noticed just the opposite on Whirlwind. They've been very nice and understanding when I ask to need on X BoE epic as an upgrade or Y BoP weapon that they could use too, and we always agree I'll pass on the next mutual upgrade. I've only had one bad experience which was, unsurprisingly, a QD roll wherein the winner made his intent to auction it pretty obvious. On my Hordie they've been really cool about me trying to get out of her PvP epics and into some decent PvE plate.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

There are idiots everywhere. With cross-realm dungeons, there is just a bigger pool to draw from.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

The afkers, rude, or ninja looters are the people blizz made the vote to kick button for.

With the new system dungeons in progress have priority over those that haven't started so filling an already started group is relatively quick and won't be near the wait you had for the initial group to go.

Ive had a bit of both actually. Most of the people ive met
    are really nice and fun to group with. But there have been some
    exceptions. I was doing FOS hc on my druid and this hunter
    just starts swearing at everyone, calls everyone fags and noobs
    while doing 2k dps himself. On top of that he thinks hes so l33t that
    he doesn't have to follow marking, so i let him take aggro and die,
    to which he swears me out with more gay talk and has me booted
    from the group. But i would have left anyway due to his immaturity.
    Unfortunately its a risk when doing random lfg but its nice too. you
    do meet tons of nice folk and few crazy ones on the way. ;D

Unless its the tank or healer, im usualy the first to put up a vote...
    I tell any group im whit that if the other dps cant pull ½ my dps they should leave before we start...
    ( depending on what instance 4-6k ) So i usualy set the limit to 2k dps minimum.

Realy theres so many people that i dont have to worry about getting a replacement if someone suck, if they dont know how to play, boot there ass and 1 min later you got a replacement... Easy, i realy dont see what all the fuss is all about.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

I think it's more rude when people start debating whether or not to kick you after being afk for all of two minutes, with warning. As a dps. Meaning they can keep going without you.

Also, plate DPS assholes that intentionally chain-pull or pull ahead of the tank.

Really, you fuckers can't be in that much of a rush. :

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't run into too many problems, but if I run across rude or mouthy people I will just leave the group. As a geared feral tank I can get a group for a random in 5 sec or less. I don't put up with asshattery or douchebaggery.

I'm not one to leave a group just because its.... less than optimal, even if that means terribad dps or heals. If I go from 100% durability to needing to repair because of wipes however, then I take my leave. There is no reason for me to endure more than that when I know a capable group can chain pull every 5 man in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    I think it's more rude when people start debating whether or not to kick you after being afk for all of two minutes, with warning. As a dps. Meaning they can keep going without you.

Also, plate DPS assholes that intentionally chain-pull or pull ahead of the tank.

we are. you better believe it. we got shit to do everyday.
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

I'll be damned if you prevent me from maxing out my instances-per-hour limit.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    I'll be damned if you prevent me from maxing out my instances-per-hour limit.
    i knew i wasnt the only one. high 5
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Definitely know what you mean, oh my god, especially in low-level dungeons. I have had several very rude level 20-30 tanks in the last week. One pulled the whole instance and the healer went OOM and when we wiped, the healer told him to let her get mana. He actually told her to shut up. We all left the group and he kept going.

Then there was the warrior in Stocks who needed on cloth int+spirit gloves because he was level 26 in greys...

Thats where being the tank and girlfriend being the healer comes in great.
    had a pally in H-HoR who would stand out the corner let adds come to him and dps. Asked him politly to stop and let me LoS them he said and i quote "Dude shut the fuck up i know what im doing you noob." so i replied "nicely ok have fun with no heals" and sure enough he got none died and yeah tried to do the vote to kick me and no one would kick so he left. =)

But yeah to the OP i have seen ALOT of idiots who think they are better than the rest who are in full t9 and cant pull more than 1.5k.
    And whats even better is when you get the random healers who are in full t9 and tell you to keep pulling and you know they cant heal worth shit so you take your time and they decide to pull for you and cant heal through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by GISP
    I tell any group im whit that if the other dps cant pull ½ my dps they should leave before we start...
    ( depending on what instance 4-6k ) So i usualy set the limit to 2k dps minimum.
    Yeah. Erm. Every time I'm greeted with an ultimatum, rather than a greeting in a PUG, I go straight to my 'Vote Kick' option. Usually, I get support. Otherwise, I leave.

Really can't be arsed with players setting their own 'minimum standards'. Especially not DPSers.

Quote Originally Posted by emitanks
    Definitely know what you mean, oh my god, especially in low-level dungeons. I have had several very rude level 20-30 tanks in the last week. One pulled the whole instance and the healer went OOM and when we wiped, the healer told him to let her get mana. He actually told her to shut up. We all left the group and he kept going.

Then there was the warrior in Stocks who needed on cloth int+spirit gloves because he was level 26 in greys...
    On the whole, if I'm still wearing a white item for whatever reason (sometimes I've just been really unlucky and end up in the vendor boots at level 15, this includes lack of luck with the AH for green boots) I'll take a lower armor class item if it's got beneficial stats, but needing on caster gear as a warrior should be grounds to reach through the computer screen and uninstall WoW from their comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricka
    Yeah. Erm. Every time I'm greeted with an ultimatum, rather than a greeting in a PUG, I go straight to my 'Vote Kick' option. Usually, I get support. Otherwise, I leave.

Really can't be arsed with players setting their own 'minimum standards'. Especially not DPSers.
    This. Unless we're in a raid with short enrage timers, I and the people I regularly do 5-mans with couldn't give less of a rat's ass what your DPS is as long as you stay out of the glowy stuff on the ground and the boss dies. The few times someone said "Do This Much DPS or you're out of here, mister/missy!" I usually get a popup that asks if I'd like to boot Captain Ultimatum. I usually say yes just to watch them nerdrage in /s until they get booted out, then we clear it with no issues even without Commander 6k DPS.

Thanks Amuno!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Rush? No, but heroics take 20 minutes i understand about phone calls or someone at the door but comeon i'm not goign to wait for you to afk for a smoke break or to go eat dinner or go make dinner. I understand about unexpected afks but to say i'm a dps they can go without me is just saying carry me.

Honestly if you know you have to afk in the middle of a run just don't qeue til you take care of it and go run heroics after they are still going to be there when you get back.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Patricka

To be quite honest ive noticed the opposite.

Personally i on average run 1 heroic a day for the 2X frost, but on occasions ill chain tank/heal for a friend.

95% of my runs are great. People have been a pleasure to run with, and if anything its me they have to wait for due to my holy MS, and queing as prot/holy i have 100% of the time been entered into a group as a tank, so their stuck waiting for me to swap over gear spec.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Board3r24/Sig.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Quote Originally Posted by Cronic420
    To be quite honest ive noticed the opposite.

Personally i on average run 1 heroic a day for the 2X frost, but on occasions ill chain tank/heal for a friend.

95% of my runs are great. People have been a pleasure to run with, and if anything its me they have to wait for due to my holy MS, and queing as prot/holy i have 100% of the time been entered into a group as a tank, so their stuck waiting for me to swap over gear spec.
    This. I haven't had a bad pug yet. In one H-VH pug I was bored to death because nobody was taking damage. I jokingly told the tank to get beat up for me so I didn't have stand around. He took a few pieces of armor off so I had something to do. LOL