Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Other addons Blizz should "borrow" for Cataclysm.

1. Recount, It would be nice if Blizzard had their own stat tracking system for raids.
    2. Multiple Versions of the Default UI in all sorts of set ups.
    3. Healbot, They really should create a healing interface for healers.

Now I don't know if it's a good idea for blizzard to keep nabbing Addon developers ideas (would suck if they all got scared away). But what addons or even improvements to the normal UI should blizzard add?

Deleted

Re: Other addons Blizz should "borrow" for Cataclysm.

not really a specific addon, but just the ability to freely move the default UI frames around the screen would be nice

I would love to see DBM or some kind of raid tracking addon thing that tells me in big blue letters "out of fire u dumb squat" so I dont have to think

No, but seriously.. I would like that, although I doubt it.. since then we wouldn't need to do the bosses in the first place if blizz made it possible for us to see what a boss would do before anyone tried it...

PowerAuras maybe?

1.A lot of people hate meters, though yes it would be nice, I wish i could make the argument people would be spamming them after every boss but people already do that and why would they do that when everyone would already have the meter?

2.Different UI versions would be great but in my opinion i think pepolpe would still be using the ones people already use right now because they're comfortable with them, yes blizz could just copy them and they'd auto matically be updated with every patch but it would really require alot more interface options which I don't believe blizz would want to or need to spend more time just so they have copy an addon to put to their name.

3.I hate healbot, I'm a resto shaman and I think its the worst healing addon ever. It's interface is fine but having to heal with your mouse I felt made healing much more complicated and made me much more willing to move out of things such as fire because i was too concentrated healing with my mouse.

and that's my 2cents.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

They need to have a one-screen "backpack" as default, with options to sort, like ArkInventory.

It doesn't need to BE ArkInventory, but holy crap, this game is annoying to play without addons.

Atlasloot?

@Iplayhorde

Call me confused, but how does one raid heal without the mouse?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by digitalis
    @Iplayhorde

Call me confused, but how does one raid heal without the mouse?
    You don't, unless you create keybinds for 25 people. You will need to use your mouse in some way, like mousover, to use your keyboard to heal.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Naft
    I would love to see DBM or some kind of raid tracking addon thing that tells me in big blue letters "out of fire u dumb squat" so I dont have to think

No, but seriously.. I would like that, although I doubt it.. since then we wouldn't need to do the bosses in the first place if blizz made it possible for us to see what a boss would do before anyone tried it...

PowerAuras maybe?
    They KIND OF do that, but not to the detail of DBM. it's best that something like DBM stays a mod, and blizzard sticks to it's RP way of saying "this boss is doing this one skill"
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

What I actually want is a feature to store seperate UIs, and load them depending what character I'm on. My healing UI is no use for raid tanking, and so forsth. At the moment I have to dick around in my Addons and WTF folder everytime I swap roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerrave
    not really a specific addon, but just the ability to freely move the default UI frames around the screen would be nice
    You can use the addon called MoveAnything for that it can move everything as it says :P
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    What I actually want is a feature to store seperate UIs, and load them depending what character I'm on. My healing UI is no use for raid tanking, and so forsth. At the moment I have to dick around in my Addons and WTF folder everytime I swap roles.
    This would be GREAT whether it's part of an add on or an interface option implemented by Blizzard. The ability to load a new UI and set of add ons when you switch spec would be fab.

Add ons are supported for wow anyway so I don't see the big deal with having them 'official' - new players don't need all the crap that floats around a level 80 raiders UI. Blizz has made the ones that are useful for all levels/players integral at least.

Deleted

Definitely OmniCC.

15+ Year Old Account

No to Recount, DBM, Healbot, although the game does need a better healing interface, I just personally dislike Healbot. Yes to moving the panels around, maybe back in the days of 800x600 was having your skills at the bottom of the screen and your health/energy/target at the top, but when you play 1920x1080, it's just not convenient at all. I would say no to Atlasloot, just on general philosophy of Blizzard, but now that they do loot lists on the Armory, perhaps notes on the instance maps, and clickable boss locations. It would probably update based on your difficulty setting, but not be available if you're outside the instance. The reason for this is that Blizzard typically dislikes constant server query addons, as it sucks up bandwidth. It would be nice to have an option to combine your bags into one, I have been using Bagnon since vanilla. The ability to search your bags is a must-have as far as I'm concerned too. We're going to be looking at 24 slot bags taking up 3/4 of the screen come cata.

A lot of functionality in FuBar plugins would be nice too. Being able to track your tradeskills and cooldowns across your account. Having an on-screen indicator for guilds/friends. Tracking money across your alts and also keeping track of gains and losses. A warning that lets you know when your buffs on yourself and friendly targets are about to expire, perhaps with a button that you could click to refresh (SmartBuff).

Certain tabs and windows could have their real estate cleaned up. The friends window is particularly awful, I don't think anyone sets notes for their friends, and you can only ever see perhaps 7-8 people, if it was a single line, you could see a whole lot more. It should look roughly like the /who window, showing the name in class colour, the zone, and perhaps level of your friends.

Really, you should be able to bind mounting to a key without the use of an addon like GoGoMount, and have it intelligently choose a mount for you. You could set it to random, or if you so chose, define a mount of your choice for ground/air. Not that many people will be using ground mounts outside of BGs once Azeroth is flyable.

These are the things I feel I really can't play without, and are what I notice first when I am on a different computer.

The game already warns about the boss skills so I dont understand why you would need a timer for it. Also, recount is WAY too heavy for standard UI (some numerical dps meter would be nice though. Similiar to the built in FPS display thingy). I also don't like healbot so I don't see why such should be implemented.

Imho, they should add the option to show all bags as one big bag (as suggested already above) and the default unitframes should be also movable like the focus frame.

As I see it, really the major limitations to the default UI and the cooldown tracking, and the Buff/Debuff indications both of which are severely lacking. The popularity of OmniCC proves that point about the cooldowns, since while it is a very basic principle in sticking numbers instead of a less obvious sweeping effect or similar on a button, it is still near enough considered a requirement.

When we get a substantial number of buffs or debuffs then watching for specific ones can be very difficult, while the recent filtering and consolidation options are a step in the right direction, they certainly do not come close to the options offered by many addons.

Integrated Boss Mods, or Meters could have potential particularly the meters since the parsing of the combat log is a substantial resource hog and a better written more integrated mechanism could be very good for performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I could appreciate a few things at least:

- Easier raid buff managing. Combine pallypower, shock and awe's totem config thing, etc' into something that a RL or A's can update to manage everything.
    - Something more sophisticated than the current bars, that lets you position them/hide the ui like bartender--doesn't have to be as complex as bartender though.
    - More customizeable target/player/focus frames.
    - More work on name plates. I love what they could be potentially used for.

A loot browser and an all-in-one bag

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    Quote Originally Posted by Khasim
    I want a feature to save my addons configuration so that I can just load it on other characters without having to reconfigure them one by one. Most of them, like Omen or Recount have character profiles, but I have to set up Titan Panel from scratch every time I'm checking out a new char. That's annoying.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...11-Reflux.html
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/acp.aspx

I know you are asking for it built in, but it seems like you've never heard of them so just give it a shot.

Thank god they finally intergrated a QH like addon. That crappy mod used sooo much memory.

I'm not bothered about anything else. As said, we all have our UI's sorted, and are comfortable with our set ups.

The one thing I want them to bring in with cata? Prefereably tomorrow?

If any Blue at Blizz is reading this.

PLEASE, for the love of God, give us BETTER guild management tools!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.