Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: What to buy with Emblems of Frost?

bought logsplinter gloves.. was a nice upgrade from my old ones.

I'm a bit confused on what to pick actually.

Like most of you I agree in gettins 2set T10 first. Got the legs from Deathwhisper, so replaced them with my T9 ones. Now I got T9 in head and hands. Just reached 50 emblems last night and as I said, a little confused on what to pick.

Shoulders is the best choice... I think. But Emblems Hands (both leather/mail is pretty damn good) would be a huge upgrade for me, but if I bought those I would break T9 2set. Cloak is a upgrade, but wont take that in the first place. So what should I pick? Here's my armory to see what I'm running with atm: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...d+Hand&n=Qleoc

Also, something that havent been mention is the boots who Leatherworkers will be able to craft once we hit Honored. From what I know this should be BiS for some time. But Saronites are expensive, both in terms for emblems and gold.

I'd say you should look at what is dropped on normal runs of both 10 and 25. I know that when we're talking drops you could end up farming for a certain item for several months, but I also know that it sucks to buy an item, only to win something better 1-2 days later on a run :S

When you've looked through the drops and decided that there might be 2-3 items that you could/should buy for emblems, I would definately go for the item that give me the greatest upgrade, ie. 1 item gives me 20 more sp and looks supercool, the other gives me 30 more sp and looks mediocre... I'd go for the 30sp item hands down.

As for myself, I'm on the cloak crew. I'm still strapped to the Kumisho one ( yes I know! ) and it's starting to look really really bad :S But hey, I haven't been lucky on the rolls.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=misazadia

I already bought non tear gloves and next going to buy will be tear chest and shoulders.. then fill rest with non tear arp, crit rich items.. for legs already got from second boss in ICC 25m...

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    You're bad at reading. Whatever the OP would be upgrading from to the badge cloak could be replaced by a boss drop. Tier pieces cannot drop on bosses. 25 man heroic tier 10 will not be obtainable without the badge purchased tier items (and at least 2 pieces of that will be BiS). Better cloaks will be in the hard modes or the lich king.
    I definitely think getting 2 piece Tier 10 right now is top priority, because it's not like the 25 man heroic stuff wont be available for 3 months or anything.

Oh, wait...

Tier 10's awesome. But with how much time there is between now and when the 277's become available (and, even, until the 264 Tier pieces become more easily available) I don't think everyone needs to get into a frenzy over grabbing their 251 tier pieces now. Getting the offset 264's, depending on the slot, could be a much wiser choice of your *current* badges. Get the bigger upgrade first, because by the time you're even able to upgrade the tiers to 264 (and, especially, 277) you'll probably have enough badges to get the tier piece than.

Also, a shame that you're so bad at communicating what you meant by "better cloaks".

(obviously there was a simple misunderstanding and no one was wrong or bad, but if you're going to go all angsty and aggressive with me, I can play your game too broski)

Getting my first piece today (slacking on the random daily i know ) and those will be the gloves.
    I forsee some hit problems in the near future when juggling my gear around and those +63hit will keep me save over the cap until i'm done and then i will be @ 233 or something.

So for me, gloves then shoulders, then ill swap my current head for t9 head, upgrade my chest to t10, get my t10 head and put on either the crafted legs or the ones from lady Deathwhisper.

The cloak is very last on my list seeing i currently got the totgc10 tribute cloak and thats so close to the badge one i don't even bother atm.

By that time HM's will be unlocked and we start upgrading the offset pieces to the hardmode loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeraz
    The cloak from 50 emblems is probably the best item i have ever seen.. if blizzard had put a red socket instead of blue, i would say the finally understand what Hunters want..
    I'm still running around with the cloak from KT even tho my other gear is ep0x, so that cloak is definately the first thing i'm buying
    its 2nd cloak in the game for rogues - 1st is cloak from toc25hc // 50 attepmts so... IMPOSSIBLE to get by most players;pp

I spend my first 50 emblems for cloak; )

I'd say tier for anyone but it all comes down to what pieces you have all your hit rating on.

I got some gloves with hit tonight so i'm personally going for the chest piece which btw has a metric fuckton of agility on it, lol.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoo
    its 2nd cloak in the game for rogues - 1st is cloak from toc25hc // 50 attepmts so... IMPOSSIBLE to get by most players;pp

I spend my first 50 emblems for cloak; )
    I think the haste/crit cloak from gunship is better for mutilate tho, since ArP is kind of a wasted stat for mutilate.

Anyway lets get back to hunter stuff :P

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    Better capes can drop off bosses. Tier pieces cant.
    I am sorry, but there arent better drops. http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49998/s...slayers-cloak/ that drops from Gunship armory does have haste where emblem cloak has ArP.

Not speaking about set pieces, http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50979/logsplitters/ is possibly the best you can get for emblems

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

i'll keep my emblems until i'll be able to get at least 2 pieces of t10 and see what ICC bosses in the new wing will drop

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg
    I am sorry, but there arent better drops. http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49998/s...slayers-cloak/ that drops from Gunship armory does have haste where emblem cloak has ArP.

Not speaking about set pieces, http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50979/logsplitters/ is possibly the best you can get for emblems
    Off of bosses he says, not specifically ICC bosses.

secondly, wrong again. If you get logsplitters, to achieve T10 4p you need leggings, which have haste on them and suck.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

What to buy with Emblems of Frost:

GEAR!

/close thread

Go for 2x pieces t10, cuz its awesome, then w/e u want... just to be upgrade

What to buy with Emblems of Frost:

Ice cream!

10+ Year Old Account

what am I going to buy?

as long as I'm MM hunter who prefers ArP, I'm going to buy 2pieces of T10 (head and shoulders) and cloak, hands and chest probably from emblem quartermaster in Dala. But it makes 360 emblems of frost...quite big amount IMO
    suit up!!! This pull is going to be legen...wait for it...wait for it...dary!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kripparrian View Post
    Hunters are the best PvE solo class in the game. As well as the highest DPS in a 25man. There isnt anything to complain about.
    so said the God

Please, dont take my post as offending 9same as I dont take yours ) but I still have some remarks to what you posted

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator
    Off of bosses he says, not specifically ICC bosses.
    You are probably reffering to cloak from ToGC25 50 attemps left. But to pick words same as you did: this is not a boss drop . Now more seriously: what is the chance of getting this? Not every guild has cleared ToGC 25 let alone without a single wipe. And then there is 2 RNG you have to beat: it needs to be in the chest (chance 1:5) AND you need to beat like 6-8 people in your raid for it (or have more DKP equvalent to win it)...

secondly, wrong again. If you get logsplitters, to achieve T10 4p you need leggings, which have haste on them and suck.
    In long term (2-3 months) you are right. BUT you are most probably not going to get ilvl 264 T10 pieces in less than 2 months so the ilvl 264 emblem gloves might prove to be better choice till you get at least 3 ilvl 264 T10 pieces. And to be honest, even with the 4pcs bonus, the T10.5 gloves (64 HIT, 1 socket) are going to be better than Logsplitters (63 ArP, 2 sockets) only if you are under hit cap.

Well since i had been using the cloak from 25 naxx the badge cloak was a massive upgrade for me. Now that thats out of the way going for gloves and shoulders T10 from there I don't know it really depends on if I get the helm/chest/legs to drop for me off of bosses.

with all this discussion, you have to think, do pplz have access to the 25 man options (ie: 10 man players and dare i say it, CASUALS).... with the cloak, obviously, not every hunter is going to get access to the 25 man version (ie: kill the boss) to the bagde gear maybe more appealing.

There is another discussion regarding this at http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-hu...e-for-hunters/.

I originally thought, ohh, each piece individually has super cool stats bro compared to what I currently have... but then i thougt, and some others showed me that the 4 piece would b much better in the long term... REMEMBER to upgrade to each set of tier, you need to purchase the previous set, so if you want the better gear, you ned to buy the basic stuff anyways.

Last thing I would like to leave open, that I am currently trying to figure out is: I (and many others) run 2 or more lvl 80 alts, all the badges, I will be spending on my hunter (eg primal saronite), so just wondering does anyone have any brilliant ideas about what to spend these frost badges (from my alt) on (to benifit my hunter), apart from saronite.

prolly some bad spelling, somewhere above, but meh, shit happens

There are no BoE or BoA items that can be purchased with frost emblems. The only way your main can benefit from these is if you buy Primordial Saronite. If you have tens of thousands of gold, just use some of the saronite and buy the rest and have yourself crafted http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49965/p...ter-legguards/ now. Otherwise sell the saronite now and buy it back on AH like in 1 month when it will be a bit more attainable (cheaper). On my server these fine boots would cost me 15K gold now...

i would say cloak and tier items come first.

the ordre in which you buy them, depends on how your chances are on getting a mark from Saurfang to upgrade