Crossrealm instant messaging and friends list.

I LOVE the new dungeon finder tool, I just wish we had a way to add friends and talk to them crossrealm. I have met way more cool people using this than I ever have just grouping on my realm.

Somone should post this to the suggestion forums seeing how I cannot :-P.

Re: Crossrealm instant messaging and friends list.

Then how would they sell server xfers? Think about it.. make friends doing randoms.. pay for a xfer.. makes good sense.

on a side note :

Banned from Blizz forums huh?

I got banned for complaining about BE Pallies before TBC came out.

Now I play one =P
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account

The above poster is right, cross realm LFG will most likely bump server transfers.

The above poster may be right about you being banned. I cannot post on the Blizz forums because I'm at work :P
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

didn't blizz say they will add that when the new battle.net goes fully live?

This is already planned and going to be in place in the future, once the new Battle.net launches, you'll have a friendslist based on Battle.net accounts, and your friendslist will show your friends on other servers and allow you to message each other aswell as even if they're planning a completely different game like Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2.

THe reason it wouldn't be possible until the new bnet goes live is this:
    You can talk with people from other realms than you when you do the LFG system because it puts you all on a central server of the battlegroup for the instance (instance servers are seperate from your actual realm). When you leave that group, the connection between the two is severed and therefore no connection between you and the people from different realm exists, since there's no direct connection besides BGs and instance servers on the realms. (When you're grouped with people from different realms, it uses these servers to allow you all to chat).

I would assume with the new bnet they are going to be doing some HUUUUGE server hardware upgrading, that puts everyone on a central server, but I can't say for sure.

However, I am disappointed that you cannot PM people from different realms when on cross realm LFG, especially since the technology to do it exists and is present in BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

You mean like EverQuest had 10 years ago? Yeah that was nice.

The out-of-game application to access guild chat was nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by pVVn3c|
    I LOVE the new dungeon finder tool, I just wish we had a way to add friends and talk to them crossrealm. I have met way more cool people using this than I ever have just grouping on my realm.

Somone should post this to the suggestion forums seeing how I cannot :-P.
    http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/08/...ures-revealed/

A few paragraphs down;

"Blizzard want to keep its players informed on all their games, not just StarCraft II and bring the Blizzard community together; online, offline and across all their games. Chat is more designed as a Internet Messenger style system. Blizzard also announced Battle.net Real ID which will allow people to chat across all of Blizzard games and show their achievements across games as well. Also your friend network will stick around for future Blizzard games. Parental controls will be put in place, and you can choose what info to give to your friends. While it will launch with StarCraft II, Blizzard plans to add support for Battle.net 2.0 to World of Warcraft as well."