Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Request for a useful Mod to all you programmers out there

1st off let me begin by echoing everyones comments that gearscore either via wow-heroes or the ingame mod, are pointless on a practical level.

Granted it's nice to stroke one's epeen by noting advancement, but for playing skill ability or the usefulness of bringing a player to raid, it has none.

So here's what I want:

I want a mod that keeps track of a few things,

~ Raid achievements: Scoring for clearing bosses in all the LK content, and scoring for the hard mode achievements, modified by When the achievement was completed (i.e. if you did Sarth 3d in t7 gear, you get some brownie points, if you did it in t8, t9, or above much much less obviously. The system would of course need to ignore non relevant achievements like dora the explorer and the like.

~ Fire/Ice/Environmental hazards: This I don't know how you would create but I think the idea is good, there are mods out there that can keep track of people who die by fire, void zones, coldfire yada yada. Well what i want to see is a way that tracks that based on the generic character info i.e. the armory, and will provide a system of scoring based on how many times you fall prey to these hazards. For instance a few firewalls or void zone deaths in sarth 3d would have a marginally negative effect provided those tapered off in subsequent instance runs, i.e. showing that you learned the encounter and did better as you went. Dieing to the same thing endlessly would score much more negatively as it shows you're an idiot.

~ Possibly add some other factors in that I haven't thought of, but along those same lines of reasoning.

The end result being you would have an actual scoring system in the form of a mod that could provide a competency and experience score rather that a simple gear score though that could be figured in to a minor degree. It would need to be account based rather than character, (If I cleared X instance on Y character, then my alt Z should have a score reflective of that raid experience).

Now I'm not a big fan of math beyond 2 + 2 really and frankly until I figure out the answer to that problem I'm just not going any further, but my request goes to those of you out there who excel at programming and math and maybe you can tell me if what I'm proposing is even possible.

What do you think?
    Www.facebook.com/magelordx
    Feel free to add me if you wish

Re: Request for a useful Mod to all you programmers out there

I think thats a tall order :
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma6987

IT WAS UP HILL BOTH WAYS IN FREEZING FROST SHOCKS AND VIOLENT 2HAND WINDFURY CRITS WHILE BEING REPEATEDLY AMBUSHED, BACKSTABBED, AND SAPPED THE WHOLE WAY! AND WE DIDN'T COMPLAIN! ([size=6pt]we did.[/size]) WE LIKED IT!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MLX
    ~ Raid achievements: Scoring for clearing bosses in all the LK content, and scoring for the hard mode achievements, modified by When the achievement was completed (i.e. if you did Sarth 3d in t7 gear, you get some brownie points, if you did it in t8, t9, or above much much less obviously. The system would of course need to ignore non relevant achievements like dora the explorer and the like.
    www.wowprogress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MLX
    Fire/Ice/Environmental hazards: This I don't know how you would create but I think the idea is good, there are mods out there that can keep track of people who die by fire, void zones, coldfire yada yada. Well what i want to see is a way that tracks that based on the generic character info i.e. the armory, and will provide a system of scoring based on how many times you fall prey to these hazards. For instance a few firewalls or void zone deaths in sarth 3d would have a marginally negative effect provided those tapered off in subsequent instance runs, i.e. showing that you learned the encounter and did better as you went. Dieing to the same thing endlessly would score much more negatively as it shows you're an idiot.
    FailBot
    Recount (it shows the last 3-5 seconds before each player death in addition to damage meter).

any system that marks you with 3/10 or 5/10 or 7/10 or 10/10 or 1357/1657 score is bad, because:
    1. it requires to be installed on every player's pc. even such famous mods as atlasloot are not installed on every man's pc.
    2. any information except the *SkillScore* can be gathered through already created addons.
    3. if someone has Tribute to Insanity or some bosses in ToGC cleared, he's not complete noob. he can be bad for his guild... but he will be good for any random raid/party. as for his guild, where he's bad in comparing to others... those who raid with him can score him better than addons.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag
    www.wowprogress.com/
    FailBot
    Recount (it shows the last 3-5 seconds before each player death in addition to damage meter).

any system that marks you with 3/10 or 5/10 or 7/10 or 10/10 or 1357/1657 score is bad, because:
    1. it requires to be installed on every player's pc. even such famous mods as atlasloot are not installed on every man's pc.
    2. any information except the *SkillScore* can be gathered through already created addons.
    3. if someone has Tribute to Insanity or some bosses in ToGC cleared, he's not complete noob. he can be bad for his guild... but he will be good for any random raid/party. as for his guild, where he's bad in comparing to others... those who raid with him can score him better than addons.
    I'm aware of most of those and yes you can research all these things point by point ofc, however the point is to make it fairly easy to evaluate puggers via a simple ingame mod (If i decided to run a pug and had to check all those things seperately it's just not feasible time wise usually) a mod of the sort I'm indicating wouldn't be useful to a serious raid guild at least not internally, if you can't tell who is good and who is bad when you raid with them week after week, you're not paying attention.

Though it might be somewhat useful for recruitment standards if it caught on as a mainstream means of quick measurement.

The concept behind any mod is basically convenience, not ingenuity necessarily, I can dig up any information if I have the patience and time to do so, however at some point I would like to play the game. Rhadatip for instance is a good example, I can go research once the stat values for my spec/class plug them in and have an easy reference point as to what sort of dps increase or loss I would be looking at for a piece of gear. Yes, I can and do have bookmarked pages for lootrank and could constantly refer to or memorize them, but ultimately it's just convenient to have a mod that saves me time.

Though as most of the information gathering mods (as you noted) already exist then perhaps all that would be needed would be a mod to gather the info from those things and put into a condensed format that provides a scoring system.

Also this would alleviate the guy linking his dps meters or epeening his gear score, if he also usually dies to fire less than a minute into a number of fights etc etc. I recall a guy who would brag about his dps in one guild I was in and be praised for it by the RL, at which point I had to point out that he was lowest on actual damage done because he always dies early to, well pretty much anything, the raid leader did not seem understand that concept and I quickly sought a better guild.

Finally, the point is also to get a mainstream system out there, (since people are typically annoyed by using their brains and gravitate towards simplistic definitions) thus making a measurement of skill the standard rather than (LFM for 10 icc must have 2700 gs or whatever that ingame mod wants).

Www.facebook.com/magelordx
    Feel free to add me if you wish