Thread: Tanks rushing?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Tanks rushing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sullimo
    In heroics I do this.

Chain pull to boss.

Is healers mana >25%? Yes, pull. No, then say "mana?"...usually the healer says no they're fine and they pop some active regen.

Chain pull to next boss.

Repeat if I feel it's necessary, usually I can gauge a healers capability though by the first boss or trash pull.

If you're the healer say "hey, I appreciate you getting through here as fast as possible, but I need 5 seconds to drink so you don't die on the next pull"

If tank ignores you, at least you said something.
    we did say mana all the time, and got abuse from it, also the tank pulled before i was inside, which she went down to 20%. after the 1st 6/7 mobs pulled i was down to 1% mana. Think it was because she wanted to do a quest and didnt care about everyone else.

The dps did tell her as well that i need mana but just carryed on pulluing.

Just did another hc, and this time the tank that i had was careing and waited for me no matter what.

Just annoyed that the tank didnt care,if that tank died i would of gotten the blame for not healing cuz of mana issues.

Chain pull is better, healer should be expected to use mana tide, innervate, divine plea, or shadowfiend while keeping a fast pace.

I can tank most heroics in less than 15 minutes if the healer is smart enough to use these abilities.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

Every heroic grp i join as a tank, I finish the run within 20min tops, no questions. Had a dps ONCE tell me im going to fast and critcized me, i inspected his gear, saw it not enchanted and Gemmed with Rare gems.

Vote Kick is Ezmode
    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

10+ Year Old Account

I always thought that the random dungeon cooldown timer was a goal. If you can complete the run before it runs out you win.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantCasual
    I've tanked and healed the new 5 man DF stuff. Had some issues as a noob Pally Healer. Good tanks will watch the healers mana and slow down when they're getting down there (I do, and have had nice tanks that do that for me when I'm healing) but yeah, you gotta learn how to Divine Plea between fights, and heal efficiently. Takes a few days of Heroics to get the rhythm down. Just be up-front at the start of the instance. Tell 'em you're a noob and will need a few mana breaks. If the tank bitches, drop group. Everyone will be happier.

I've been really surprised at the number of people that are really good sports about that though.
    ive got good gear, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...orn&n=Woottoot just that then tank was so sure that the quest was going to get done, without looking at my mana, allthough i did shout many times i needed it. Shame the raid warning dosent work in partys no more, otherwise i would of kept spaming that.

I quit a group the other dya because the healer he should be at 100% mana before every pull, 90% was not good enough. I got tired of waiting so i carried them to two bosses in HoL and for some reason i was the top dps ad then the dps complained the chain pulling was too much so i left, joined lfg again and had a great group in less than 10s.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths
    Its not bad, I was just saying if you are going to chain pull, then get upset when a healer stops healing, (it can be expected that he might get pissed and just stop) increase your gear level.

Didn't meant to come across as a dick. Just meant that once you hit a certain gear level it wont matter if they stop healing. The dps will down the pull before you go down.
    Dis the first half of hUP last night with just myself and 3 dps.. Went very smooth, but felt like the gauntlet event would be problematic and grabbed a healer then.

As long as you group isn't doing 500 dps I agree - the pack will be down much earlier than necessary.

That said, healers that think they should stop healing to make a point get the boot. Plus, half+ healers in heroics these days are horrible (just don't know how to heal).

IMO Tanks blasting through is a great way to keep a boring instance nice n challanging.

if your going oom just yell im sure they will stop but yea i love it when a tank blasts through instances unless its a new one ofc

"I once laughed so hard. I milked all over the floor."

Mooie <Angelic Outkasts> - EU-Dragonblight

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah
    I always thought that the random dungeon cooldown timer was a goal. If you can complete the run before it runs out you win.
    You really are in my mind!
    Now gtfo plx.

Edit: spelling

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba
    What dps needs to understand is that the things that you think would speed up the run don't. As a dps'er, if you have the intelligence to hold on, let me collect mobs, and stabilize the pull, then start blasting dps, I will pull gigantic groups and you'll get the instance done fast. If you want to do obnoxious, stupid things, I'm going to pull one pack of mobs at time, because it's not worth it for me managing a crisis on every pull just because you can't wait one second to start blasting aoe.
    This x100000000000.

If you don't open up in the first 0.0001 seconds, I'll pull three packs for you. If you pull the mobs off my back while I'm pulling the third pack, we're going to single pull for the rest of the dungeon because you're a retard.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I rush most HC's in 15 mins but that is becuase i mostly get mixed up with an epic druid healer or priest and then i got round 44k Buffed so the healer doesnt have to do alot

Quote Originally Posted by louandy2001
    Hi, This is my 1st post on here.

What is the problems with thanks rushing to get things done.

Im a healer and i ran out of mana cuz the tank kept pulling , and the tank didnt wait for me. It was a pally and we didnt get a buff from her.

All we got in the end is abuse from her, me and the dps, telling her to slow down.

Has anyone else had the same problems?
    If the healer is decently geared and above 50% mana I'll keep pulling and if it's not me pulling it's the rogue/hunter redirecting trash ahead onto me.

I hate running heroics so I limit myself to the two randoms of the day for the extra badges(more if I need gems). There's no point in me taking my time through the heroic if the group is capable of keeping up with me as I chain pull my way through.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser
    This x100000000000.

If you don't open up in the first 0.0001 seconds, I'll pull three packs for you. If you pull the mobs off my back while I'm pulling the third pack, we're going to single pull for the rest of the dungeon because you're a retard.
    +1

personally i keep it moving as fast as possible, two groups at once, or chain pulling.

but, you have to consider your level of gear, if you are taking a fair bit of damage, you'll need to keep an eye on the healer's mana and give them time to get mana.

personally my tank's gear is pretty good (not top notch but pretty decent), i usually exchange my tanking weapon for a dps weapon for a bit more threat and i still don't take that much damage, so i can get away with pulling 8 mobs or so, just so long as i keep aggro on them all.

I don't usually get complaints. I normally warn the party if i'm gonna grab two groups so they know what to expect, and I keep an eye out on the healer's mana, if in 2 pulls its down to 50% i slow the run down a bit.

TL;DR
    Just so long as your tank is geared enough that the damage isn't a concern, and you keep an eye on your healer's mana, then there is nothing wrong at all with a tank chain pulling.

edit:

and Dcemuser hit the nail right on the head, a well geared tank can easily handle 3 packs of mobs or more, but from a tanks point of view the biggest slow down to a run is when the dps simply can't stop foaming at the mouth and start dps right away. i don't know how many times i got frustrated in H CoS when after i told them not to dps until a few seconds after I stop moving, they start dps on the elites right away.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight
    If the healer is decently geared and above 50% mana I'll keep pulling and if it's not me pulling it's the rogue/hunter redirecting trash ahead onto me.

I hate running heroics so I limit myself to the two randoms of the day for the extra badges(more if I need gems). There's no point in me taking my time through the heroic if the group is capable of keeping up with me as I chain pull my way through.
    i can keep up fine, just that the fact is i started with 40% mana so i used the pet, that died cuz the tank couldnt keep the agro, and ran out after 7/8 mobs, and i said many time i needed mana, but the tank just carryed on, the dps wasnt happy with it as well, as the tank couldnet keep all the agro

As a Paladin I'm running with 3,4k Block Value and a ton of block chance, with an additional 600 more Block Value when I pop my trinket. That's enough to absorb the damage from almost every mob in heroics(not magic of course, and I haven't actually tested it in the Icecrown ones), so of course I just rush through the instance while making sure the healer and dps have got the mana they need.

In more cases than not, the healer does more healing to the rest of the group than me when running the older heroics.

However, when I'm on my Priest(healer) I also notice a huge difference between tanks. Some take a ton of damage and continue chain-pulling without worrying about my mana, while others take no damage and wait 20 seconds between each trash pack.

As mentioned before; tanks get yelled at for either going too slow or too fast. Heck, I've had a group where people(dps mainly) in the beginning(while we're still buffing and stuff) start shouting "GOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!", and later on say "ffs slow down!". The tanks decide the real pace of the run, and so they should most likely go as fast as possible(assuming that everyone knows what to do etc). Healers should just keep people alive and their own mana up(I've yet to have a healer go below 80% mana in regular heroic chain-trash-pulling, including Ahn'kahet)

Of course if the tank is taking a ton of damage, it's maybe not the best idea to pull more than one pack at the time, but the healer should also know how to manage his/her own mana

Quote Originally Posted by louandy2001
    i can keep up fine, just that the fact is i started with 40% mana so i used the pet, that died cuz the tank couldnt keep the agro, and ran out after 7/8 mobs, and i said many time i needed mana, but the tank just carryed on, the dps wasnt happy with it as well, as the tank couldnet keep all the agro
    terrible tank then, a tank's job is to A) hold aggro on what he pulls and B) make sure your life line (the healer) is able to keep you alive.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

If your tank was going off on you when you said you needed mana, then yes, they are clearly a bad tank. Being mindful of the group is a critical part of being a good tank, and this one clearly wasn't doing that.

Tanks chain pull in heroics for a number of reasons, mine tend to be:
    1. Keep DP up. (Rage tanks will also pull fast to keep their rage up.)
    2. Boring stuff that everyone and their dog outgears is boring. The faster it's done with the better.

When I'm healing instances, the second I get to ~50-60% mana I start dropping mana tide (if healing on my pally it's DP/DI on CD regardless) on CD, regardless of where we are. It's heroics, there's no "critical" moment where these things need to be saved for, so use them generously. I also chug my endless mana pot, but not everyone has those. If I lolhealerdps a bit too much and mana gets overly low and we're nearing a boss, then I sit and drink and let the group go on to the last couple of trash packs before the boss. So long as they don't get *too* far out of range, and I don't wait until healthbars are "Oh sh!t" low, trash is usually not deadly.

Bottom line, gauge the situation, as they all vary. If your tank is under geared and requires steady healing, then just saying "I'm drinking now, you're on your own." If they pull anyway, at least you'll have more time to drink while they get rezzed.

Sidira: Enhancement Shaman
    Lumiera: Prot Paladin
    Amiti/Lumiera: Shadow/disc priests

I both tank and heal and like to keep a fast pace as both, clearing most heroics in 15-20 minutes. But what the previous posters said about dps slowing the run down is so so SO true. If you're not a tank or specifically told by the tank to pull, just fucking don't. The CoS gauntlet is a prime example of this. So many times i've seen rogues FoKing and mages AEing the little skeletons 30 yd ahead of me while the rest of the group is slowly killing 5-10 elites. The little skeletons die to splash, just don't bother.

I often let morons who do supid shit like that die on purpose and corpse run if they don't believe when told a few times. "I don't die" is a common response but they seem to disagree when they end up licking the floor 15 seconds later.

Tanks tank, noone else should. It's a different thing if yor tank is horrid and slow - that's why vote kick is there. I usually pull at about 90% speed of what the group can handle or more, which just seems to make the dps even more cocky. If you start out slower the dps keeps their calm too. Shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths
    Its not bad, I was just saying if you are going to chain pull, then get upset when a healer stops healing, (it can be expected that he might get pissed and just stop) increase your gear level.

Didn't meant to come across as a dick. Just meant that once you hit a certain gear level it wont matter if they stop healing. The dps will down the pull before you go down.
    ^^this once you hit a certain level, and as the healer you can tell within the first couple pulls if the tank is at that level or not, if you run out of mana just sit down and drink and i'll keep pulling. The trash won't kill me before they die and you'll be full mana or close to it for the next pull. Generally, I prefer to chain pull as much as possible, but if you ask for a mana break i'll be happy to give you one, providing you have less than 10% mana. If you ask for mana and are at 75% then we might have an issue.

That said if you go OOM and I keep pulling it wouldn't suprise me to have a healer let me die (or at least force me to hit my LoH) to get my attention. But don't be a douche, as a tank it would take me all of 5 seconds to get another group.