Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Why people hate tanking

Allot of people don't seem to respect their tank, even when they are constantly pulling aggro off them.

A while ago, I had a ToC heroic group on my half blue half epic geared tank with 26K hp/545 defense.
    We wiped a couple of times, and I got booted while I kept perfect aggro, while the Healer was utterly shite.

I believe this is one of the reasons people hate tanking, they have to take a crapload off bull-shit over their head tbh. Lately I haven't been tanking for pugs anymore, I'm only tanking for guildy's and friends now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser

Seems too many damn kids can't understand what it means to be a TEAM.

Fastest runs I've healed, tanked or dps'd have all happened when we worked together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    Could be the issue, but I've personally never seen a DK like you said. I pug most everything except on my paladin, and the tanks for his guild are paladin + warrior + druid. All the pug DKs I've seen are horrid. Absolutely horrid. It's just a waste of time to spend 40 minutes in one heroic because the tank drops to 10% hp in the first three seconds of a fight and dies no matter what I do.
    They are just gimped on avoiding damage I guess, because there was this dk tank who was bitching about how I couldnt keep him up on archavon or w/e but he died before he even got to the back wall with me throwing holy shock. I mean yea sure I wasnt exactly planting myself down and heavy healing him to get to the wall but imo u shouldnt take 32k damage in 3 hits. Of course he like every fail tank blames it on the healer but no matter how bad the healer is the tank should atleast last 8s w/o REQUIRING a heal to live :P

tanking is definitely one of the harder to do and least appreciated roles. you're just kind of EXPECTED to have completely aggro on all 15 of the mobs that the dps charged in ahead of you and unloaded on.

i've just let some die before i gain back aggro, that usually shuts them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I don't understand why people are going crazy after the tank if he doesnt have a crazy amount of health and crazy ass gears. It takes so much damn time to find one when you queue as a healer or dps that people should just deal with what they've got.
    When im healing a random to get my frost emblems and i happen to cross an "undergeared" tank, i'm rly happy about it, because healing is so boring that it makes a lil bit more of a "challenge" to heal it.

Do people really mark stuff these days? I haven't marked a mob in ... I can't remember how long. I understand if you'd want to mark a mob that's specifically dangerous or whatever, but if I get grouped with a tank who stops and marks before each pack I tell him to stop and if he refuses I ninja pull or leave. It's just taking too long and every tank should be able to hold aggro on all mobs okay-ish. I'm saying this when I have all four classes at level 80 with decent tanking gear and all of them has tanking as one of their specs. I know it's weird, but it just ended up that way. My worst geared tank is my warrior at 31k hp unbuffed or something like that, and I haven't had issues holding aggro with him either. What I wanted to say with this is that marking is a waste of time, learn to AoE tank.

I hate tanking because it's thankless. I've gotten only one or two compliments on my tanking since the LFG tool came out and I've ran a lot of instances as tank DK and prot paladin, every instance we've been at the end boss with the dungeon tool still on cooldown, with a few exceptions of course. I don't mind not getting praised for everything I do, just that if you do happen to fuck up, or if your gear isn't BiS-ish, you get bashed at. Like some people said "wtf noob shit gear lol" comments like that. Noone comments the green geared rogue, but when tank doesn't have 40k health it's impossible all of a sudden.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deflina
    I don't understand why people are going crazy after the tank if he doesnt have a crazy amount of health and crazy ass gears. It takes so much damn time to find one when you queue as a healer or dps that people should just deal with what they've got.
    When im healing a random to get my frost emblems and i happen to cross an "undergeared" tank, i'm rly happy about it, because healing is so boring that it makes a lil bit more of a "challenge" to heal it.
    lol seriously. I heal every once in awhile and damn is it boring with these 45k tanks.

One thing is.. dps shouldn't complain about tanks, atleast they're trying. Remember tanks can always go dps and stay that way. Another thing is if the Healers ok with it it's fine and healers are generally cool people.

people hate tanking because of retarded dps and retarded healers...

I love tanks. But I hate when they say stuff like "Stop getting aggro!". Err, that's your job! To hold aggro! Don't blame me! My DPS isn't even good, I shouldn't be getting aggro.

PM Signature Requests: Closed / Queue: 0 / My Work! / Tutorial!

People don’t like to tank (Heroics at least) cuz most ppl are plain assholes, they wait for a tank for a lot of time and when they get one they are just throwing shit at the tanks and since 3.3 the dps of like 60%+ of all heroics is like 1k to 2k or even less than 1k I got a tank off spec I can tank toc25 without problems, and I tank cuz I get the quick invs like 3-5 sec but I’m really getting tired of all of the people that does heroics, the worst is the gogogogo! Thingy that the dps love to say, even when the 70% of the time I’m the tank and main dps, but I need the frost emblems so...

People just need to chill the hell out.
    if bosses are dying them why do you really care.

I play with my guild for when i want a smooth no hassle run as they know my playstyle and methods of getting things done.

I love tanking heroics for the variety of people I meet. I have skull bound to charge. and love to charge through instances. however if a healer is struggling ill slow down its about respecting the people your will. i cant exactly solo the thing can i. so you have to respect the 4 others.

SUre you might have a retard. but if your so bloody good you should be able to counteract the retardness, ie as a warrior if i see a dps that cant assist / focus target i chuck vig on them. i know its a matter of time before they are attacking mob number 4 that isnt being hit by cleave yet or whatever, at least my tauint will come up when they get hit.

As a tank the group is as good as you make it. you rolled a tank for a reason and its most likely because you like to be in charge and doing things your way. Use your abilities and experience to be able to do that. rather than being an arse to others etc.

I love out dpsing dps. or asking my healer to dps coz im not getting hit. it adds fun to the game.

if people showed each other a lot more respect then there would be hardly any drama's

Quote Originally Posted by Logbo
    if people showed each other a lot more respect then there would be hardly any drama's
    This

Tanking, and incoming damage is all relative to the skill of the tank for the most part.

Good tanks will stun/silence/etc mobs to help reduce incoming damage and make it easier on the healer. Good dk tanks who run with aoe will learn how to spread runestrikes around.

I have both a DK and paladin (paladin is my main, tanked all through TBC, and a good bit of wotlk, went ret for ulduar). My pally has full t8 gear, and my dk is only heroic geared (Save the triumph badge gear). I run all 3 ICC heroics each day with both of them, and after a week of doing so, my DK takes a LOT less damage over the course of an instance than my pally.

I have a little trouble aoe tanking on my dk, but absolutely none on my pally, although, halls of reflection is 10x easier to tank and control on a pally than on a DK.

And to all you who say "wait till you get 40k" or "i wouldn't heal you! (in reference to a sub 35k tank)", 40k+ hp is virually all 232+ gear. 30k and up is plenty for tanking the ICC instances. My dk boosted his hp and avoidance by 4k+ hp, and ~10% avoidance AFTER ICC loot, and is only 34.2k hp now, with only a couple (maybe 3) sub-ilvl219 pieces.

10+ Year Old Account

Ninjas, foolish dps, foolish healers. People screaming faster, others saying slower. People saying you should do this, your gear should be that, not this talent this one. Why don't you have more health? Though the most annoying is my guild's tank this, my guild's tank that. I usually snap at these people and ask them why they aren't running with them. But yeah, tanking high stress low rewards.

Stop taking in dps spec?
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I've got to say, I think tanking is one of the most thankless jobs. I have 2 80s, one
    tank/dps, and the other a healer. I ejoy tanking more than healing but, sometimes, when asshole dps decide to piss me off, I tell them good luk finding another tank for H Halls of Reflection!

Screw dps who are nobs...

When my paladin hit 80 he had 22k unbuff, full crafted blues, managed to tank heroics, you're rocking like 32-35k? the ONLY issue you might right into is in the new heroics, if you're careful and dont pull like a slobbering retard, all heroics are doable with <30k hp unbuffed

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

One thing that nobody will bother reading because this post is so far down the thread it might as well be invisible. These are NEW HARDER dungeons. (suck it people who say that it's not harder. Obviously, you're far better at this game than everybody else. Why are you here and not playing?)

The first thing I say as a healer is "I don't run recount, so I'm not impressed by your absurd amounts of DPS. Keep in line with the tank or you die."

Never had a problem yet.

It is just hard to fit the dps and healing around the gear and skill level of the tank. (well apperantly it is else there would not be so mutch drama over tanks)
    I dps , tank and heal, and i always adjust my dps or healing to the tank, if he can't hold aggro try to be less of a retard aggro whore, if he requires more healing i put more effort into keeping him alive.

Wy is it so hard to adjust your play to the most important role in a group? Everyone has t9 and can push out to mutch dps for a tank to handle these days, its not like you have to prove something, just make the tank's live a bit more pleasant.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nerthus
    Do people really mark stuff these days? I haven't marked a mob in ... I can't remember how long. I understand if you'd want to mark a mob that's specifically dangerous or whatever, but if I get grouped with a tank who stops and marks before each pack I tell him to stop and if he refuses I ninja pull or leave. It's just taking too long and every tank should be able to hold aggro on all mobs okay-ish. I'm saying this when I have all four classes at level 80 with decent tanking gear and all of them has tanking as one of their specs. I know it's weird, but it just ended up that way. My worst geared tank is my warrior at 31k hp unbuffed or something like that, and I haven't had issues holding aggro with him either. What I wanted to say with this is that marking is a waste of time, learn to AoE tank.

I hate tanking because it's thankless. I've gotten only one or two compliments on my tanking since the LFG tool came out and I've ran a lot of instances as tank DK and prot paladin, every instance we've been at the end boss with the dungeon tool still on cooldown, with a few exceptions of course. I don't mind not getting praised for everything I do, just that if you do happen to fuck up, or if your gear isn't BiS-ish, you get bashed at. Like some people said "wtf noob shit gear lol" comments like that. Noone comments the green geared rogue, but when tank doesn't have 40k health it's impossible all of a sudden.
    I just use a macro to make retarded dps more aware of which target I am attacking.

As for your other point its because people are lazy. If you don't have an over geared tank they actually have to use more then three brain cells, for many players this can cause catastrophic overheating.

Rule number two of tanking : Everyone else is retarded and that is your fault.