Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

BiS gear for mage - 3.3 (pre ICC HM)

Re: BiS gear for mage - 3.3 (pre ICC HM)

Fix your link

Deleted

Broken link is borked.

Deleted

Yes, sorry iv fixed it.

15+ Year Old Account

Anyone who can't do ICC HM is certainly not going to be able to do Tribute to Insanity for Jaina's Radiance. Might as well replace that with Frostbinder's Shredded Cape, which has the same stats and drops off Valithria Dreamwalker.

Also, Reign of the Dead/Unliving is still better than Muradin's Spyglass.

Deleted

You didnt understood the point, that is bis gear untill HM will be open, every mage *would* want to start icc HM with that gear :P

15+ Year Old Account

Let me reiterate: Reign of the Unliving is still better than Muradin's Spyglass.

Also, you didn't specify which spec. Fire specs will have a different best in slot.

Finally, there's no point generating a BiS list for mages on the cutting edge who are heading into ICC HMs as soon as they are released because 1) they already know how to manage their own gear upgrades or they wouldn't be in cutting edge guilds and 2) they will be going into HMs immediately and won't have time to farm out a BiS list before they hit the HMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    You didnt understood the point, that is bis gear untill HM will be open, every mage *would* want to start icc HM with that gear :P
    except it has mistakes in it. for example, the lady's brittle bracers are nowhere near BiS at any level, especially not for arcane. oh yeah, neither are those legs.

anyway, let me define BiS: best in slot. i'm sorry, but the only BiS list is the one that actually has the best piece of gear in every slot. citing something as BiS pre hardmodes is just citing a list of upgrades.

EDIT: god damn you dire, beat me by 3 seconds.

Micke

what you're not considering though is that icecrown is the final raid this expansion, once you have that 277 BiS gear you will have killed arthas like 15 times on hardmode, big deal to get those last bis pieces, for epeen?

and BiS gear might not be BiS until the rest of your gear is BiS (hit pieces)

on the very first arthas hardmode kill I bet you're going to have alot of normalmode pieces

and all hardmode raiding mages (don't know if that fits into your "cutting edge" group, if you mean ensidia etcetc) doesn't do their own TC, they rely on outside information such as rawr or online lists, i'm not saying that the OPs list is very good, just saying that you shouldn't be so against the concept of others providing helpful information even if its not directly aimed at yourself

and saying "BiS prehardmode list" is just a fast way of explaning it to make everyone understand, or would "Good gear list that is not BiS but still pretty good before hardmodes from normal 25man ICC" sound better?

An OiS-list of gear would be better than BiS. O for optimal.

Agreed, reign is still the top dps trinket. And not just the heroic version. Spyglass is number 2...so yeah, you should umm...fix that crap

reign isn't the top DPS trinket, heroic dislodged is rawr just didn't have the proc factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke
    what you're not considering though is that icecrown is the final raid this expansion, once you have that 277 BiS gear you will have killed arthas like 15 times on hardmode, big deal to get those last bis pieces, for epeen?

and BiS gear might not be BiS until the rest of your gear is BiS (hit pieces)

on the very first arthas hardmode kill I bet you're going to have alot of normalmode pieces

and all hardmode raiding mages (don't know if that fits into your "cutting edge" group, if you mean ensidia etcetc) doesn't do their own TC, they rely on outside information such as rawr or online lists, i'm not saying that the OPs list is very good, just saying that you shouldn't be so against the concept of others providing helpful information even if its not directly aimed at yourself

and saying "BiS prehardmode list" is just a fast way of explaning it to make everyone understand, or would "Good gear list that is not BiS but still pretty good before hardmodes from normal 25man ICC" sound better?
    he wont, but other top guilds will ye
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    he wont, but other top guilds will ye
    He probably will too. I killed algalon super late (second week of 3.2) and I was hardly in every hardmode piece that I wanted. Anub was pretty late too, again, hardly in a lot of heroic mode gear. Even by our insanity kill (~90 US) I wasn't even close. We don't use dkp or anything though, so nobody gets to hog all the first drops.

Honestly take a look at the top dmg parses on wowmeteronline.com and answer me this, why 99% of all the top damage mages with 4pc t10 (even those in hardcore progression guilds like Paragon) are using Woven Death?

Call it BiS, best itemized gear, call it whatever you want. What it boils down to, is the gear that the highest dmg output is/are using. These forums are full of so much bickering and nonsense without any proof or evidence, maybe a little "napkin math". Theorycrafting is one thing, but looking at what the best in the world do is more important as far as I am concerned.

I will agree with you on one thing, that "lists" are kinda redundant. You need to consider the entire package and your own required stats (hit cap, decent haste level, ect). Having 80% of a list may leave you way under hit cap or not enough haste to take advantage of your spec, thus useless for you. This leads back to the looking at the best dps'ers, Finding out what stats you lack in comparison and what stats they push further than you and how (what gear).

I guess one thing that also irks me are the discussions on these forums RE: Professions, full of just as much tripe as this thread. Engineering/Tailoring being useless? Yet again take a look at the top dmg mages in the world, let the collective data of the best speak.

Not at all am I saying that the mage discussions on here are useless, I posted and was given a lot of very useful information about the fundamentals. The min/max and advanced talk really is not reliable though from what I have seen.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Samius
    Honestly take a look at the top dmg parses on wowmeteronline.com and answer me this, why 99% of all the top damage mages with 4pc t10 (even those in hardcore progression guilds like Paragon) are using Woven Death?

Call it BiS, best itemized gear, call it whatever you want. What it boils down to, is the gear that the highest dmg output is/are using. These forums are full of so much bickering and nonsense without any proof or evidence, maybe a little "napkin math". Theorycrafting is one thing, but looking at what the best in the world do is more important as far as I am concerned.

I will agree with you on one thing, that "lists" are kinda redundant. You need to consider the entire package and your own required stats (hit cap, decent haste level, ect). Having 80% of a list may leave you way under hit cap or not enough haste to take advantage of your spec, thus useless for you. This leads back to the looking at the best dps'ers, Finding out what stats you lack in comparison and what stats they push further than you and how (what gear).

I guess one thing that also irks me are the discussions on these forums RE: Professions, full of just as much tripe as this thread. Engineering/Tailoring being useless? Yet again take a look at the top dmg mages in the world, let the collective data of the best speak.

Not at all am I saying that the mage discussions on here are useless, I posted and was given a lot of very useful information about the fundamentals. The min/max and advanced talk really is not reliable though from what I have seen.
    they are using woven death because they are the best/easiest obtainable 264 legs. are they BiS? nope, not even close, heroic plaguebringer's stained pants shit on them, the problem is no one has access to any heroic gear since....heroics just came out.

tailoring/engineering as a combo is technically considered weak since a big perk of both professions is a cloak enchant, meaning if you run both, you are missing out on a perk of one.

if you want to insult the collective knowledge of the more skilled players who play here, that's fine, but the honest answer is not many players come here asking for min/max questions. the people doing the min/maxing don't NEED the help from people on the internet, they can do the math themselves. there is a grand total of about....8 players on this forum who i would call reliable, you yourself not being one of them, so if you wish to partake in future discussions, do so in the proper manner. if you wish to dick out and form a pooped pants battalion that strives on making people feel as bad as themselves, than you may take it elsewhere. i hear oprah has a nifty site for people like that.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtwarrior
    reign isn't the top DPS trinket, heroic dislodged is rawr just didn't have the proc factored in.
    Indeed, with the newest modeling of DFO in Rawr even the 264 version quite easily beats 258 Reign.

Swizzle. The thread is for pre-hm so I think you just clarified my point that woven death rules until hm. Sorry if i came accross as an ass. I'm just sick of seeing contradicting info, when we come here to try improve not argue fale data. As for the proffesion argument, lets just save that for another day.

I still think calling something "best in slot" without using every item in game is silly. It's not best in slot. It's optimal gear given raiding situation X, it is not best in slot.

I can make a BiS list using nothing for T7 content gear, and I'm sure everybody would see what I mean :x

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    I still think calling something "best in slot" without using every item in game is silly. It's not best in slot. It's optimal gear given raiding situation X, it is not best in slot.

I can make a BiS list using nothing for T7 content gear, and I'm sure everybody would see what I mean :x
    Well also truly 'BIS' gear for ICC doesn't have the tier glovesi nthe set

Which since it's better on paper like Black magic, Im sure veryone will convert lol.

The San'yln ritual gloves coupled with the tier legs has been a better combo every since icc came out.