PVE Holy/Ret, Holy/Prot?

Well Hello m8's.

So i have been thinking off going back to Holy and atm i struggle with this 2 holy speccs for PVE.
    Well i suppose you know theese 2 speccs im talking about. 1 going down in Ret tree and get the crit, while the second is going down in Prot tree to get more healing and the sacred shield buff.
    So atm im just casual raiding 10 man, and trying go 25 man with pugs or my old guild.

And the answer im looking for is what specc should i acually use?

I've been around forums and read about thoose speccs, going armory and watch other holy paladins etc, but i don't get much feedback.

Re: PVE Holy/Ret, Holy/Prot?

holy/prot

IMHO by far beats the hell out of holy/ret if ur at least in 226 gear average then you should not need that 8% crit anymore especially since mp5 is a much better stat now

Totally agree im Holy/prot for pve and the Advantages of this spec beat the hell out the 8% crit from Holy /ret

Divine Sacrifice: an essential Raiding tool to stop spike damage especially now they have changed it so you dont one shot your self with out a bubble.

Divine Guardian: 50% extra Shield up time so your beacon and Sacred Shield both are 1 min so you can renew at the exact same time, also the strength of you sacred Shield is increased so it Absorbs more damage then a regular.

Guardians favor : Extra Uptime on your Hand of freedom and smaller cooldown on Hand of protection to stop your clothies from getting killed

Optional but recommended is Improved Devo Aura: this is basically comes in use if you have no prot pally nor tree in the raid you can supply the healing increase Buff , plus the armor increase.

so in my honest opinion go go Holy / prot!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus_x
    Optional but recommended is Improved Devo Aura: this is basically comes in use if you have no prot pally nor tree in the raid you can supply the healing increase Buff , plus the armor increase.
    i have this as well but only because 85% of the time our raids dont have a prot paladin to be honest usually im only paladin now if there was say a prot paladin in grp all the time i wld so use the 3 point in something else what exactly im not so sure but prolly imp concentration aura or one more point in imp loh

If you have a Prot paladin tanking for you, go Holy/Ret. More bang for the buck since you got a healing-increasing aura anyway, and DS+DG isn't that awesome anymore since it just applies to your party.

If you don't have a Prot-pally, go Holy/Prot since it helps all the other healers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkompetent
    If you have a Prot paladin tanking for you, go Holy/Ret. More bang for the buck since you got a healing-increasing aura anyway, and DS+DG isn't that awesome anymore since it just applies to your party.
    Wrong, wrong, and WRONG.

DS+DG (DG specifically) applies to the entire raid 20% reduced damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkompetent
    If you have a Prot paladin tanking for you, go Holy/Ret. More bang for the buck since you got a healing-increasing aura anyway, and [bold]DS+DG isn't that awesome anymore since it just applies to your party.[/bold]
    This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Let's compare the 2 trees:

Prot tree:
    11% increased throughput (Divinity and Imp Devo), 5% with a prot paladin or a tree
    Divine Sacrifice: this pwns if you're in the tank group. With multiple tanks taking damage at the same time in lots of ICC fights, you can save the day with a well-timed DS.
    Divine Guardian: Saves you one GCD every 30 seconds (equals to 90 mp5) and you get a raid-wide 20% damage reduction cooldown

Ret tree:
    8% crit (Conviction and Sanctity of battle), equals roughly to 80 mp5 and 4% increased throughput
    10% mana cost reduction to BoL, SS and HS (equals roughly to 40 mp5)
    2 seconds reduced duration on Judgement: if you judge every CD (which you shouldnt), this equals roughly to 60 mp5 through Seal of Wisdom procs

In terms of mana regen, ret beats prot but overall prot is better because of the utility it provides. Go ret tree if you're low geared or you're not doing hardmodes.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin