3.3 Unholy Tank Spec?

Seeing as the EJ'S Unholy tank build is really out-of-date, I was thinking of making a revised one.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0,R6Y3e-,10958
    Yes/No>Why/Why not
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Re: 3.3 Unholy Tank Spec?

Ok, I have not tanked as Unholy since patch but I would probably go with something more like:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...U,R6Y3e-,10958

The things I changed and the reasons why:

1. Drop 2/2 Imp Unholy Presence.

Two talents for movement speed in what is probably the most static spec of the most static tanking class in the game seems like a waste. Get the Tuskarr's Vitality boots enchant instead.

2. Drop 2/2 Unholy Command, yeah it can be nice but certainly there is no place in ICC or ToC that you will need to use it more often than the current cooldown allows. Those talents can be spent far more usefully elsewhere.

3. Take 3/3 Blood Caked Blade.

It is a better DPS (and therefore TPS) talent than Necrosis. There is a lot of mindless panic about the fact that it can be parried. DKs make so few attacks while tanking that this is a non-issue and any bosses where parry gibbing could be an issue can't be parry hasted. Furthermore since the ICC instance has the 20% reduced dodge chance so that the bosses don't have to hit as hard in an instant attack anymore it really has ceased to be a concern I believe.

4. Take 3/3 Wandering Plague.

With the return of large trash packs and multitarget boss fights in ICC I think this has earned it's spot again. It is very nice anyplace you are AoE tanking which is half the boss fights in ICC so far.

The last thing I would be very tempted to do (and which may seem as sacrilige to many tanks) would be to drop Improved Icy Touch and take 3/3 Scent of Blood instead. The ICC bosses that hit hard are all multitank now so you are guranteed that there will be someone else who can apply the 20% slow (unless you have 2 DK tanks ofc, even then its highly likely the other tank is a blood tank with IIT). Runic Power generation has always been tricky for Unholy tanks and Scent of Blood provides so much that it is very very tempting (to me) as a talent.

Lastly I would need to run the numbers but as far as I know Black Ice is a better DPS talent than Bladed Armor. The reason DPS DKs take Bladed Armore is because the 5 talent points you basically have to waste to get down to Black Ice end up presenting a high opportunity cost. If (and I think that is correct) that proves to be so then speccing:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...J,R6Y3e-,10958

would probably be better overall.

Or at least if I was going to go unholy tank tomorrow that is probably what I would try (though I would probably chicken out and take IIT).