10+ Year Old Account

What the hell is that thing?

First one, in the instance Gundrak in the tomb of the ancients. Where second boss is if you do the snake guy first. In front of the boss is a pit area with a giant serpents tail. It is moving around so it is alive, I want to know who's tail is that?

Also in Icecrown in that pit of sorrows I think it is called, the saron mine near the Shadow Vault there is a lake at the bottom of the pit. At the very bottom of the pit is a C'thun looking beast. Is this the Old One Arthas killed when he was heading to the Frozen Throne to save the Lich King in Warcraft 3?

Re: What the hell is that thing?

Already a thread on this, atleast their has been in the past.
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Narit
    Really? Damn, guess I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narit
    Useless post unless you're gonna post a link.

A link to another thread or something would be nice. I've seen this myself and was curious, though was too lazy to investigate. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceforge
    <----------------WOOSH
    HEAD

It says some speculation on this site:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Talk:Gundrak

The following information is also copied from the above link.

"If you look down the balcony from the Tomb (Colossus area) away from the bridge where you go to face the boss, you see a giant serpent tail down in the sewers. Now I haven't done this on Heroic yet so maybe it is explained there, but I have no idea what it might be. Might it be the same serpent that is carved into the pillars of Uldum, which may have broke through the gates of Uldum?

My thoughts exactly. This tail is clearly Blizzard's version of Jormungandr (Oh you crazy Norse Myth Lovers at Blizz), the World Serpent. Look how long it is. It must've been coiled up in Uldum, and finally broke out. I wouldn't be surprised if you could see parts of it in other places across Azeroth. My bet is it'll either show up in some future Gundrak raid (lots of speculation about this Re Patch 3.2) or Blizzard will leave it as a tantalizing easter egg to those who know their myths, showing up at random locations in the future."

BTW I know the 3.2 bit is outdated. =)

There's even more specculation on this site as well.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Talk:Uldum

The following information is also copied from the above link.

"Serpent-like creature escaped.
    Is it at all possible that it was not a serpent, but actually one of the tentacles of another Old God? In my own opinion, I doubt that Blizzard would add another Old God so soon, especially with Deathwing being the main antagonist, but is it possible that there is an Old God imprisoned within Uldum? I remember reading somewhere on WowWiki that it an Old God might have been imprisoned deep down inside the ruins. If no one gets a bell rung in their head, let me know and I'll search for it."

Could there possibly be a link between the two?

Here's a screenshot of the tail in Gundrak

The place where that mouth is located is the Weeping Quarry
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Weeping_Quarry

"There is a kind of maw at the bottom of the water in the center of the quarry which moves and seems to be alive. Perhaps one of the "thousand maws" of the Old God Yogg-Saron or a different Old God. It looks similiar to and shares the model with C'Thun. It is possible to swim into the mouth and past it. The mouth seems to disappear with only the corners remaining".

Here a screenshot of the mouth in the Weeping Quarry:

Hope that helped
    Colbor in response to the dancing Troll village in Cataclysm:
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    These Trolls were not dancing, no sir. They were actually stretching out and warming up for their attack on the Night Elves. They knew the Cataclysm would come, so they watched and prepared for the inevitable...!

Inb4 anal jokes.